Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
08-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
What about one of the Gorn ships? I thought those were more optimized for the Science role?

I know they're not free, though. It would be nice if there were at least one free Gorn ship in the lineup. Ditto for Orion -- though I'm less enthusiastic about some of those ship designs.
The Gorn ships are ok, from what I understand, just C-store locked. . .so you're shelling out C-points for a Tier 2-4 ship that you will stop using relatively quickly.

For Tier 5, there's things like the Varanus Fleet Support Vessel with it's Commander and LTC sci slots and overall support abilities, but I have no idea how useful it really is in battle. . .I don't see people using them very often, which is interesting. It turns like a Vor'cha (11 turning rate), but is a little low in hull.

STO wiki isn't as reliable as I'd like. . .
Career Officer
# 12
08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
For Tier 5, there's things like the Varanus Fleet Support Vessel
That looks darn close to the DSSV I fly fed-side. Hmm.

I'd prefer a Klingon ship, though, but.... Hmmm.

It'll be ages, anyway, before I'm T5.
Career Officer
# 13
08-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Hmm - seems I purchased the Ning'tao a while back.

Does anyone have some spare gear I could use to outfit it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
There are no dedicated sci ships this side so that's what you need to do to make that work.
Um yes there are they just cost zen except for the free carrier at lvl 40.

My fav lower tier one is the "Phalanxs Science Vessel" its not very expensive either plus it has a console you can use on other ships the "Barrier Field Generator" which is basically an ass saving console and you can continue to use it on any ship, I have one sitting on my Kar Fi now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-24-2012, 07:51 PM
As already mentioned Bird of Prey's with their universal BO slots can be decked out with science officers, which is alot more fun then it seems. Alot of science abilities have a 90 degree view, so you can't hit the enemy with them if you aren't facing them, and with a Bird of Prey you have such a tight turning radius, the enemy is always in sight.

First time I tried a Bird of Prey, I hated it, gave it another shot as a science captain and it was a blast.

Also the Kar'Fi Carrier is a science ship... As is the Klingon carrier (Vo'Quv I think...)
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Career Officer
# 16
08-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praghas View Post
As already mentioned Bird of Prey's with their universal BO slots can be decked out with science officers, which is alot more fun then it seems. Alot of science abilities have a 90 degree view, so you can't hit the enemy with them if you aren't facing them, and with a Bird of Prey you have such a tight turning radius, the enemy is always in sight.

First time I tried a Bird of Prey, I hated it, gave it another shot as a science captain and it was a blast.

Also the Kar'Fi Carrier is a science ship... As is the Klingon carrier (Vo'Quv I think...)
Yeah, I'm thinking a Science BOP will be fun.

Just have to find a way to outfit mine; I've got NOTHING KDF-side.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevok View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking a Science BOP will be fun.

Just have to find a way to outfit mine; I've got NOTHING KDF-side.
Good thing is that if your fed character is a crafter, you can slap together a loadout for your KDF character. Just put it in the account bank.
A half faction is no faction at all.
Career Officer
# 18
08-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdon7 View Post
Good thing is that if your fed character is a crafter, you can slap together a loadout for your KDF character. Just put it in the account bank.
He's not.... Never got into crafting in STO. It was lame in the beginning and honestly I haven't followed it.

Buuuuut, my Fed toon has money so I can just... put stuff in the bank.

I didn't know there was an account bank added.... Thanks!
Lieutenant
# 19
08-25-2012, 06:01 PM
If you want a reason to play KDF here it is:

Teamwork!

I just started kdf a few days ago and theres much more teamwork going on, it feels like your actually fighting as a team/faction rather than a lone wolf.

Another reason...

The Bird of Prey simply rocks. Esp if you put ya hand in ya pocket and get the Ning'tao class with Quad cannons.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h478/LordDorianBlackheart/Sig500x.png
Slaan | Rin | Rin Tsaris | Sanguinara | Warmaster | Ryn
Captain
# 20
08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I went with the role of trying to be an actual Klingon. Packing a disruptor for range, and Bath'leth for hand to hand combat. I love fighting on the ground with this combo. Since I use them both. Granted I shoot more than melee. If the enemy runs up to me, or beams next to me. I go hacking into them. Space wise I been having a blast with my Battle Cruisers. I have dual beams plus DHCs so I eat up ships when I got my front to them. For my bridge crew, I decided to go the unique route. Where each one has their own style of outfits. Where with my Fed I kept them all the same to keep them uniform in looks. Then you have the species, they are not many but good ones. Gorn, Nausicaan, Orion to name some. The Orion ladies can get really skimpy if you go there. Nausicaan just looks nasty and similar to the Predator.

Its worth playing that is for sure. But only drawback is they are limited in several areas compared to Feds.