Captain
# 11
08-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's disappointing. Because these are exploit missions, abusing the Foundry system.

Maybe their Laissez-faire approach is that they are working on system that prevents exploit missions. I seem to recall something mentioned recently of rewards being time measured, the longer you are in a mission, the greater the reward. So with these exploit missions being completed instantly, the reward would be 0.
What the Devs were talking about there dealt with Foundry Missions they were thinking about porting directly into the Holodeck. The current plan seems to be a tag-along Mission like the Officer's Report, that will give standard rewards while doing a Foundry Mission.
Community Moderator
# 12
08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1ckm1ster View Post
As I said:

While it is true that they do not enforce their own policy, they have never made any statement retracting it.
I don't even know that it's true that they don't enforce it. Since the stakes on the Foundry Daily have gone from "some stuff you could have gotten off the Exchange for pocket change" to "a fair chunk of Dilithium", it could be that fewer people are reporting missions.

A lot of Cryptic's community interaction has gotten reactive instead of proactive due to staffing; this is self-evident in the fact they changed their minds on community forum moderators.

If the state of affairs is "they stopped enforcing the policy on missions whose only exploit is time", we'll probably never hear it, because they'd not want to open the floodgates or cause themselves a problem with enforcement in the cases they DO enforce. I don't spend much time in the Foundry Discussion forum; how's the traffic lately from angry people who lost their Foundry access due to exploits? They used to be infrequent, but present.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 13
08-26-2012, 01:07 PM
It would be great if Cryptic could find out some way to make Foundry missions 'semi-official', so this exploit issue wouldn't be a problem. I know, I know, there's a number of hurdles they'd have to surmount in order to make them 'official' content. . .just sayin', it would be great
Lieutenant
# 14
08-26-2012, 01:35 PM
You guys think getting 1440 Dilithium every 20hrs is an exploit?
Captain
# 15
08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by game5pock View Post
I would imagine they think getting 1,440 Dilithium in 5-10 minutes of activity is the exploit.
Commander
# 16
08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
When you grab three of those "click this and you're done" missions, click once, and get 1440 dilithium for doing no work whatsoever... yes. Technically, it is an exploit. If you want to do them, that's on you. I'd rather run the UFP dailies if I need a short one. At least they have a plot.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Lieutenant
# 17
08-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
If you get it in a shorter amount of play time than the devs intended, yes. The fact that you get that same amount of dilithium for doing 3 star cluster missions suggests the amount of playtime they had in mind for that amount of reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I would imagine they think getting 1,440 Dilithium in 5-10 minutes of activity is the exploit.
5-10 mins? The clicker missions complete in literally 1 second once you click the console. If it takes you 5-10 mins you are not talking about the same missions as we are.

Last edited by sl1ckm1ster; 08-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
08-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
No, more like doing a daily in less than 3 seconds for 1440 Dilithum, with a mission that was intended to be at least 30 minutes.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Lieutenant
# 19
08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
No, more like doing a daily in less than 3 seconds for 1440 Dilithum, with a mission that was intended to be at least 30 minutes.
Heaven forbid something is done quickly every 20hrs in "Labor Camp Online"
Captain
# 20
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1ckm1ster View Post
5-10 mins? The clicker missions complete in literally 1 second once you click the console. If it takes you 5-10 mins you are not talking about the same missions as we are.
I was including the idea that you need to select the Officer's Report Mission, select the Foundry Mission, Zone in, Zone out, select the Mission again, etc. That can take 5 minutes by the time you do all 3.

Of course I prefer the Distress Call mission: Go in, kill 2 ships, go out. I'd rather fight something for 1-2 minutes then just click a glowie.