Ensign
The following thread is dedicated to suggesting and discussing content players would want added to the Foundry in the future.
Ensign
# 2
08-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Here are a few of my ideas.

-Find a way to reduce the map loading time.
-Include the Guardian of Forever as an NPC.
-Record your own dialogue.
-Add some other door effects.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Civilian characters (not in formal dress the number of people who colonise distant worlds dressed for the opera is VERY small)

Aliens who are NOT in starfleet/klingon uniforms (and maybe don't actually look humanoid 99.99999999% of life in the universe isn't and not everything else is a spider)

Ability to individually arm/disarm npcs
So you can have a bar fight without phasers , an alien race that uses swords , a specific npc with a sniper rifle on top of a building shooting at a VIP etc

Control of away team size (id like to write missions for one captain and one Crewman)

Scanable healable Npcs
Career Officer
# 4
08-27-2012, 12:38 PM
From what I understand the Guardian of Forever is copyrighted so can't be used in the Foundry.

@sollvax an issue with your away team size is when people want to play a foundry mission together. What if there are three people trying to play your one captain one crewman mission.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Its not that Great a mission it would attract a crowd

the story line for the mission (work in progress) is a conference regarding the neutral zone (Romulan)
The Player captain is there to negotiate for the federation

The Romulan representative is accompanied by one (and only one ) aid
and the Klingons are providing a neutral venue and security

(won't go into the plot too much but the one officer with you is there largely to bounce ideas off of )

its a Talkie talkie not a shoot em up mission
(however it does have a little combat tossed in on the way to the conference)
Career Officer
# 6
08-27-2012, 12:45 PM
A failure trigger.

Like when you use "Dialog prompt reached", include a "Dialog prompt failed" trigger so we can make bad things happen to people that get it wrong.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd say that if they don't know what we want by now ? after all we have a year and a half-worth of these threads ? than they are really, really not paying attention

But in the spirit of the thread, I'll add a couple of my top wants:

A melee combat only humanoid NPC group. Sure I can reskin targs, but then they just headbutt everyone.

Also:

Tholians
Tholians
Tholians
Tholians
and oh, Tholians!
We wants them, precious!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lieutenant
# 8
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
The ability to have the player spawn on a map without an away team. It kind of takes away from the atmosphere of a few missions when you have your entire staff following you.
Career Officer
# 9
08-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerraptor View Post
A failure trigger.

Like when you use "Dialog prompt reached", include a "Dialog prompt failed" trigger so we can make bad things happen to people that get it wrong.
What you can do is have the Dialogue failed branch off into another direction which will give you the option to use Dialogue Prompt Reached.

A simple example:

Dialogue Pop Up -

Klingon: What do you want!
Option A: Qapla' you are a glorious warrior!
Option B: You are a coward and your father was a coward!

Option A Branch
Qapla! Come enter my house. Continue

Option B Branch
Petaq! You will have to fight my warriors to reach me

Then tie a bunch of NPC group visible triggers to the Option B dialogue branch
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Woghd also puts failure options in his missions, essentially if you make a wrong choice about where to go, he putts you in an area from which you can't get back to the rest of the zone and then tells you that you've failed. You still have to exit the mission manually though.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.