Career Officer
I hope people will remember that the Vesta will not be a "god ship" in STO. Balance trumps [soft] canon. Your Galaxy-X's phaser lance didn't annihilate Negh'Vars and your transphasic torpedoes won't one-shot a Borg Cube. The Vesta will be just this: a nice model, a science vessel (with presumably a different boff lineup than other ships), and a special console. So please, do not expect an "I win" vessel.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 92
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I hope people will remember that the Vesta will not be a "god ship" in STO. Balance trumps [soft] canon. Your Galaxy-X's phaser lance didn't annihilate Negh'Vars and your transphasic torpedoes won't one-shot a Borg Cube. The Vesta will be just this: a nice model, a science vessel (with presumably a different boff lineup than other ships), and a special console. So please, do not expect an "I win" vessel.
But... but... but... If I'm going to grind all month to get it for free it MUST BE I WIN!
Captain
# 93
08-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Well, once I heard the Vesta was Destined to be a Science ship, I made the choice to create a third Fed toon and try Sci. My only Sci toon was created for the sole purpose of flying the Vesta. Oddly enough, I havnt read those books, but I will eventually, its a sexy ship.

I however will special order my Vesta Class. Utopia Planetia will give my captain a custom deck layout and make the USS Picardo the most badass Medical ship in starfleet. Im going to make it a heal boat. Always being a Tac captain, I love when others heal me, so I want to be that guy, who is all about healing and less about the tanking. The Vesta gives me the perfect excuse to grind out another toon, even though when I started this game, I said Id only run one toon, with STO being my first MMO. So, now I have 4 toons total, even though my KDF female human hasnt even went on her first mission yet after creating her months ago.

But after the Vesta, Im done buying special ships. So far, Ive only bought the TOS Conny, Dreadnought, Venture Class (to make a better looking Dreadnought), and Regent Class. There arent any ships left in canon I want that bad. And my Captains all run just one ship at endgame, thats how I like it. I thought the Wells class was ugly in Voyager, so even if its ever offered, it doesnt tempt me.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
Starfleet Veteran
# 94
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
im going to be setting mine up as a support ship.

repulsors , gravity wells , theta radiation , tholian torpedo etc etc
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Ensign
# 95
08-27-2012, 07:01 PM
The fed with another ship?Two carriers and a powerful new assault cruiser is not enough?Poor Klingons...
Captain
# 96
08-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pe124 View Post
The fed with another ship?Two carriers and a powerful new assault cruiser is not enough?Poor Klingons...
Buy more KDF items and prove to Cryptic that it's financially viable for them to create more thing. It's really just that simple.
Rihannsu
# 97
08-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Buy more KDF items and prove to Cryptic that it's financially viable for them to create more thing. It's really just that simple.
Oh...I don't know...I could be talking out of my tailpipe but I suspect a lot of KDF players, perhaps most, own paid ships and probably more than just one or two. I've only just gotten into Klingon gameplay after all this time and I already have three C-store ships and will be getting a Fleet KDF ship once I get promoted within the fleet my main klink joined recently.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Career Officer
# 98
08-28-2012, 05:27 AM
The sooner the Vesta is available for C-Store purchase in account wide form, I will be buying!
Captain
# 99
08-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theindefatigable View Post
Oh...I don't know...I could be talking out of my tailpipe but I suspect a lot of KDF players, perhaps most, own paid ships and probably more than just one or two. I've only just gotten into Klingon gameplay after all this time and I already have three C-store ships and will be getting a Fleet KDF ship once I get promoted within the fleet my main klink joined recently.
That's great! Buy as much as you can! But here's my thing: I'm a Fed-side player. I own all 30 Federation ships in the C-Store. I have accumulated them over the last 2.5 years because I wanted to support the game and see it grow, not because I loved them all. I have to wonder how many of the KDF-side players over the last 2.5 years own all 21 of the KDF ships in the C-Store?

In the simplest terms, if people aren't buying the KDF items which Cryptic is offering there's no financial incentive for Cryptic to produce a regular stream of items. Even if KDF players buy the items via the Dilithium Exchange to get the Zen - meaning not with your own money - the important thing is for Cryptic to see the sales numbers on the KDF side increase.

If the KDF side is only 20% of the Fed side that still means there are tens-of-thousands of KDF players. That makes them a financial force to be reckoned with - assuming they're proving they are a financial force. The KDF players are going to need to prove it with their actions, not just with their words on a forum. IE, the old saying of "put your money where your mouth is."

So I'll say to all KDF players: if you have 200,000 Dilithium you're willing to dump into a Fleetbase to get a new bar upgrade dump it into the C-Store instead and get yourself a new ship and help your cause of getting new KDF items added to the C-Store. Because as another old saying goes: "money talks and bullsh*t walks."