Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
06-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash2
Has anyone tested (and I may have missed this in other strings and threads) whether the Nadeon Detonator works with the Photon Defense Console?

Inquiring minds want to know....
No, it doesn't. This is one of the first things I tried on the shakedown cruise as it happens. 6 PSWs per target could be considered most harsh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm a joined Trill engineer so I did the following with my build that's similar to my MVAM Prometheus build:

Ens. Tac: TacTeam1
Lt. Tac: HYTorp1, AttackPatternBeta1
Com. Tac: TargetShieldSubs1, CRF1, CRF2, AttackPatternDelta3

Lt. Com. Eng: EngTeam1, EPtS2, DirectEngMod2
Lt. Sci: PolHull1, HazzEm2

My consoles are pretty much similar to the Prometheus as well
Tac: x3 Antiproton Mag Mk XII blue, Photorp PDS
Eng: Uni Borg Console, Neutronium Alloy Mk XII blue, Vent ThetaRadiation
Sci: Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI blue, Emitter Array Mk XI blue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
06-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty much just running it as an escort plus fighters which frankly given the escorts borderline OP nature is already close to broken.

Weapons:
Fore: 3x Mk XII Anti-Proton DHC, 1x Mk XI Quantum Torpedo
Aft: 3x Mk XII Anti-Proton Turrets
Hanger: Advanced Delta Fliers

If PvPing swap all weaps to Tetryon.

BO:
Ens. Tac: TacTeam1
Lt. Tac:Torp Spread1, CRF1
Com. Tac: Torp Spread1, CRF1, APB2, Omega 2
Lt. Com. Eng: EPtS1, EPtS2, AtS2
Lt. Sci: TS1, HazzEm2

Consoles:
Tac Consoles: x3 Mk XI (Green) AP Mag (Swap for TeT consoles in PvP)
Sci: 2x Field Generator
Eng: Borg Console, Monotanium, 1x what resists the primary energy type of current enemy

Equipment:
Mk XII MACO Shield Array (Omega if PvP)
Borg Engine (Omega if PvP)
Borg Deflector

Doff:
2x Green 1x Blue Shield Distribution
2x Blue Projectile

Build is tankier then some because I personally feel not dying is a big part of maximizing damage. I also run a human engy so I can add rotate shields, EPS power, and have miracle worker as an "oh ****" button. The fighters just add even more damage and the torp console is a massive spike if I can get a facing down. It's pretty beast honestly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
06-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTank420
my defiant is now useless in a pvp match so today i quit pvping....... i just fought a guy in pvp that i always stomp only he had the new escort. his danubes held me the entire fight with the exception of when my omega and polerize hull werent on cool down. the new escort just broke pvp the rest of the way for me. its the now the only escort that can be competitve in pvp, i bet even the bugs are having trouble with them, oh btw i tried killing the danubes the escort just spits em out to fast..........not to mention that it hits just as hard as a defiant......this is the first plus 2 ship imo
I'm just going to say that I had little issue against this ship in pvp. What ends up happening is that there is only 2 runabouts if an escort uses them. The pilot has 2 choices, either try to capitalize on the apo ability to break free and resort to good alpha strikes or use scatter volley. The chances an escort pilot would sacrifice his doffs for flight deck doffs are slim at best, and scatter volley eliminates this treat in seconds. No reason to quit pvp when you don't understand how to fight something. Its better to stand outside the box and think on how to handle the situation.

Sometimes your tried and true tactic won't work. Be ready for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
06-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

That's pretty much what a LOT of people think of PVP.
Hahah, thank you Maelwys for that link, I haven't laughed that hard in ages. So true.... heheh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
06-16-2012, 05:33 AM
commander tac/ tac team 1 beam overload 2 omega 2 rapid fire canoons 3 lt tac beam overload 1 rapid fire 2 ensign tac tt1 eng ltcmdr epts1 aux to struc 1 epts3 science hazard 1 tss2 borg deflector borg engine maco xii shield 3 xii phaser heavy cannons for 1 dual beam bank for 3 phaser beams aft eng consoles borg console photon mod sif gen science 2 field gens tac 4 phaser relays im a tac
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
06-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103
The deiatns cloak is a consle. the MVAM is a consle. The photon PD is a consle. The hanger is seperate to the consle. it's a +1 on top of everything else it can do as an escort
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
What he said, clearly. Just with the spelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103
The Defiants cloak is nice but you can only use it at the start, in PvP that may not be much of a downside, in PvE it certianlly is as you spend a lot greater percentage of time in combat vs out of it.

The MVAM consle provides some nice buffs but


What does the Defiant sacrifice vs. other C-store escorts for its higher base turn rate on top of the cloaking console?

That's two base benefits. Every other Fed escort has a lower base turn rate.


The MVAE you might have something, but even then the MVAE isn't just "pets" from a console.

The MVAE gets pets, which are basically secondary to the important part of the different modes for the ship itself.

Now if you want to argue the MVAE pets should have carrier commands, I'm in total agreement and would love to see this for my MVAE.

If you want to argue that the MVAE pets might need a balance pass so they are more effective due to the downtime and lack of ability to recast them easily, again I'm in total agreement.


However to your argument that the MVAE "just gets a console" vs. the Armitage getting a single shot use console +hangar.

That's where I disagree as the MVAE gets pets, and a special mode - from one console. That's two benefits from one console.

The Defiant gets a higher base turn rate than all other T5 Fed escorts, and a cloaking console. That's two benefits.

The Armitage gets a Torpedo PDS and a hangar bay. That's two benefits.





If you want to argue that not all of the benefits have the same value, that's a different matter.

If you want to argue that pet spam is bad for PvP, again you will get no argument from me.

My argument is the idea that the Armitage is a 5+1 due to having more benefits is not accurate.











For reference, so people who don't own the ship know what's being discussed:

MVAE Sections (player's ship mods):

Alpha
-5% Hull HP
+5% Impulse
+5 Turn Rate
-5 Weapon Power
+5 Shield Power
+5 Engine Power
+5 Aux Power
Crew Cap Set to 50
-10% Shield HP


Beta
-10% Hull HP
+15% Impulse Speed
+15 Turn Rate
+5 Weapon Power
Crew Cap set to 50
-10% Shield HP


Gamma
-10% Hull HP
+10% Impulse Speed
+10 Turn Rate
-10 Weapon Power
+10 Aux Power
Crew Cap set to 50
-5% Shield HP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
i really don't care if it's better or not, but it's not balanced for sure. The reason is the aditional console, that provides firepower + the points you mentioned kind of unbalances it.
The MVAE only has that console to split up, because you can put it into a AE (i use that actually...for me a better BOFF layout)

i may be buying the armitage now, because it is the obvious better choice over the MVAE.

in my opinion, the other escorts should get their consoles build in (cloaking for defiant, multi vector for the MVAE)

Or, the hangar should become a console too...but who would buy a ship that is not better than his old one he bought a year before. Thats sadly the way consumption works.

We are looking here at the 2nd "pay to win" vessel, since it does perform better than another ship that can be bought.
First was the Oddy in my opinion, that made the galaxy - R kind of obsolete.
I wholeheartedly disagree with the Odyssey being a P2W ship. it does nothing well untill you add all three consoles, so you are stuck with fewer consoles than on a Assault cruiser. Yes, you gain a spike with a weapon buff in the LCDR or a needed maneuver ability with the APO3 choice. iif you use the LCDR uni as an eng, yes you tank better. and you are a fair Sci ship if you go that rount. but in every case, there is a T5 ship that will blow away the odyssey until you take into account the escort or saucer. it's possibly a +1, but not really. the Armitage is definitely a +1 shipand losing the LCDR power is a fair trade for the hangar

what's the cooldown on the torpedo spam console? has anyone considered a torpedo launcher insread of a DBB, and use HYT1 or TS1? not sure how it would balance out DPS-wise
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
06-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
what's the cooldown on the torpedo spam console?
3 minutes, aka too long to build anything around. It's an okay finisher in PvP when combined with a simultaneous HY or Spread, but beyond that it's not very great frankly. I'm probably going to drop it for a console to buff my normal torp damage.

Quote:
has anyone considered a torpedo launcher insread of a DBB, and use HYT1 or TS1? not sure how it would balance out DPS-wise
I've moved onto a build of 2 TS1, 2 APB1, SV2, SV3, TT1 and polarize to avoid snares. It's pretty much just an AOE bullet hose. Tetryon melts pretty much any facing in front of me and then the torps smash them, Runabouts will keep them facing you pretty easily. With the two spreads alternating you're putting out allot of torps and it's not at all hard to find a weak facing in a furball. I personally fell like I'm doing way more damage then I would with a BO slotted in somewhere.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 110
08-27-2012, 01:44 PM
You may want to view the thread below. In this section of the forum you just posted in. Lots of info, including recommended builds for fleet and armitage escorts...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post4589591
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.