Lieutenant
If I set my difficulty level to Elite, it seems to affect missions like "Aiding the Deferi" and "Explore the Hromi Cluster." It does not seem to affect the missions on Nukara or any PVE missions - is that correct? When I change from normal to elite I seem to get better drops and get blown up more. Does it change anything else?
Captain
# 2
08-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I think a good rule of thumb for mission difficulty is if Bridge Officers are (potentially) allowed on the mission, the difficulty slider applied. Content in which only your Captain/Ship and other player are allowed are fixed difficulties.

And mission difficulty (when it applied) will only NPCs that you fight in combat combat (space or ground), and the drop that you get from combat. So you'll get exchanged defat rewards and changes for better drops. (The chance for drops does not increase only thei quality are affected). Mission difficulty will not affect mission completion rewards, non-combat missions (i.e. scan 5 objects/data anamolies, diplomatic missions, etc)

Last edited by lordfuzun; 08-27-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizork View Post
If I set my difficulty level to Elite, it seems to affect missions like "Aiding the Deferi" and "Explore the Hromi Cluster." It does not seem to affect the missions on Nukara or any PVE missions - is that correct? When I change from normal to elite I seem to get better drops and get blown up more. Does it change anything else?
The difficulty setting will only affect instanced missions (missions where you or your team spawn on a generated private map.) Nukara (and Defera) are 'public' zones where you are thrown on to a map with other players who may or may net be a part of your team. In these public map instances, the difficulty setting has no effect on the mobs or mission difficulty.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

Last edited by crypticarmsman; 08-27-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
also. fleet actions and STF's are not affected by personal difficulty levels. same with events.

STF's have tow separate queues, one for normal and one for elite.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.