Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120812b.16

General:
  • While in shooter mode, holding down the left mouse button will now continually activate the primary weapon ability.
  • Resolved an issue that occasionally caused the game client to crash when logging out while in the tailor.
  • Updated the discharge ship confirmation text.
  • General server stability improvements.

Duty Officers:
  • Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
    • New rewards are as follows:
      • White: 1
      • Green: 10
      • Blue: 25
      • Purple: 50
    • Amount of Recruitment CXP has not been altered.
  • All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.
    • This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented some of the Replicator food from unlocking properly when acquiring certain Chefs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Atleast the Fleet DOFFs "work as intended" now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-28-2012, 02:31 PM
artful solution. Thanks.

And it means we can use the exchange again without having to worry about whether the doff will slot or not. If the fix is retroactive, then come thursday any doffs you buy now will work.

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Yet another example of Cryptic listening to community feedback.

Wait... I mean.

U.S.S. Marathon - NX-392781
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Duty Officers:
  • Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
    • New rewards are as follows:
Wow -- that's a serious change. Any reason as to why it was needed? And does this also affect the "Execute for incompetence" mission the KDF get? If not, can the Feds get one?
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

Last edited by jonathanlonehawk; 08-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Community Moderator
# 6
08-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
[/list][*]All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.
  • This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.
[/list]
See this? This is good Cryptic. Well done.

Quote:
Duty Officers:[list][*]Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.[list][*]New rewards are as follows:

This - this seems random and unnecessary. Now if I buy a pack of doffs and they're trash doffs I dont' even get the booby prize
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
This - this seems random and unnecessary. Now if I buy a pack of doffs and they're trash doffs I dont' even get the booby prize
Yeah, seems funny..if you read last weeks patch notes where it said fleet doffs don't give dilithium or cxp on dismisssal - that was all that was needed. Regular doffs should have been left alone. And making fleet doffs not work on projects wasn't mentioned and totally unneeded.

Still...I prefer this to not being able to use fleet doffs for fleet projects.
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Blah so the 1500 dilithium for dismissing prisoners will now be 20 dilithium because every time i do the prisoner exchange on Qo'Nos the mission fails so is why I always dismissed them for the dilithium...

I imagine you are doing this because of that but the fact is if the prisoner mission didnt fail almost every single time you do it people would have used it...

Get your act together Cryptic.
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Cryptic has won major points for the fleet doffs being fixed. Thank you!
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 10
08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
So I take it this means refugees, prisoners, etc. that we pick up from certain DOFF missions will only give us 1 Dilithium? Why the huge downgrade, to the point that not even dismissing a Purple will allow us 75 Dilithium?

I guess that also means I won't run the majority of these again. That was part of the appeal: 75*5 Dilithium for Refugee gathering missions and 75x for each Prisoner I got for Disable [race] Freighter.

Guess this means even less I'm able to contribute to the Fleet Starbase now, as both my time and wallet are extremely limited. These DOFF missions allowed me to gather decent amounts of Dilithium for contribution even when I couldn't run a ton of dailies.

Now I have to report our downgrades to the Fleet Members. They will not be happy.