Empire Veteran
# 11
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
This - this seems random and unnecessary. Now if I buy a pack of doffs and they're trash doffs I dont' even get the booby prize
This allowed you to get 2000 dil from a random purple doff with the ungrinder.
Career Officer
# 12
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
The reduction in Dili from DOFFs needed to happen, especially with Officer Exchange. Currently a Uncommon is worth 150 and a Common is worth 74(or 75), so if you dump a Uncommon in the Officer Exchange you would get 3 Commons worth 225 dili total. Also it meant whites on the exchange for less then 20k EC were a great option for getting lots of unrefined Dilithium, creating almost an EC for Dilithium exchange (normal price range on those is between about 8k-16k EC for a white DOFF for 75 Dilithium). Anything blue and up I keep, green gets turned into whites and civilians get spaced for dili and non-civilian either get fed to the base or sold on the exchange.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 13
08-28-2012, 03:20 PM
A satisfactory compromise. Make it so
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 14
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
[quote=zer0niusrex;5495641]
Duty Officers:
  • Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
    • New rewards are as follows:
      • White: 1
      • Green: 10
      • Blue: 25
      • Purple: 50

I don't even have a word for this...does this mean the Dilithium cap will now be removed? Will it come with dilithium being rewarded for every mission now?

I know the answers to those seriously. Good luck trashing this game you guys are well on your way. I am totally glad I punched out!! Your knee-jerk developing will completely ruin the game, the community, and what little credibility your company has.
Career Officer
# 15
08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
The reduction in Dili from DOFFs needed to happen, especially with Officer Exchange. Currently a Uncommon is worth 150 and a Common is worth 74(or 75), so if you dump a Uncommon in the Officer Exchange you would get 3 Commons worth 225 dili total. Also it meant whites on the exchange for less then 20k EC were a great option for getting lots of unrefined Dilithium, creating almost an EC for Dilithium exchange (normal price range on those is between about 8k-16k EC for a white DOFF for 75 Dilithium). Anything blue and up I keep, green gets turned into whites and civilians get spaced for dili and non-civilian either get fed to the base or sold on the exchange.
I agree it needed to happen, but honestly this is quite an over the top nerf for the problem. Not suprising though that such an aggresive nerf has been pushed now that Heretic is no longer there and Borticus is on vacation.

Honestly however, they took the easy road out. Rather than just fixing the issue by allowing Fleet DOFFs to slotted, they chose not to take the programing time to parse a difference between Fleet DOFFs and regular DOFFs.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 08-28-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Commander
# 16
08-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
So that's worth going from 75 Dilithium to 1 for a White to get dismissed?

There's got to be a middle ground between "EC to Dilithium Exchange" and over-reaction.

Perhaps something like the following?

White: 10
Green: 30
Blue: 90
Purple: 270

This way downgrading has no benefit (each lower rarity is 1/3 of the one you just "shredded"/exchanged) but upgrading eventually loses you Dilithium (5 Whites would be 50 when dismissed, but when turned into a Green it's only 30).

BTW, I'm not using the Officer Exchange costs because I don't know those, so I guess even a downgrade is a loss of Dilithium if this model were in effect.

Aside from White, what were the values for Green, Blue, and Purple dismissals before this patch?
Career Officer
# 17
08-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
So that's worth going from 75 Dilithium to 1 for a White to get dismissed?

There's got to be a middle ground between "EC to Dilithium Exchange" and over-reaction.

Perhaps something like the following?

White: 10
Green: 30
Blue: 90
Purple: 270

This way downgrading has no benefit (each lower rarity is 1/3 of the one you just "shredded"/exchanged) but upgrading eventually loses you Dilithium (5 Whites would be 50 when dismissed, but when turned into a Green it's only 30).

BTW, I'm not using the Officer Exchange costs because I don't know those, so I guess even a downgrade is a loss of Dilithium if this model were in effect.

Aside from White, what were the values for Green, Blue, and Purple dismissals before this patch?
You sir are a voice of sense and reason and we can't have that type of development in mind in this game .
Career Officer
# 18
08-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
You sir are a voice of sense and reason and we can't have that type of development in mind in this game .
I agree, report him and ban him j/k

I think adding a coast to Officer Exchange would of fixed everything, as is Under Performing Officers has a cost and I use to just upgrade my Greens to Blue (and then once Blue was getting full, to Purple). I didn't even consider Officer Exchange, until I saw there was no cost attached to it, only benefits (Recruiting XP and a higher return in Dilithium). I think this is overkill quite frankly, like using a hammer to kill a fly.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?

Last edited by trhrangerxml; 08-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Resolved an issue that prevented some of the Replicator food from unlocking properly when acquiring certain Chefs.
Hallelujah!

So glad this is coming. I've been missing my rare food items and will feel much safer when they're back in my menu.
Lieutenant
# 20
08-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Today the guns are silent. A great tragedy has ended. A great victory has been won.
We have known the bitterness of defeat and the exultation of triumph, and from both we have learned there can be no turning back. We must go forward to preserve in peace what we won in war.