Captain
# 51
08-27-2012, 11:32 PM
The Regent.

I cant stand the look of it. Its too flat, and it look very fore-heavy from the side with the nacelle pylons slanted forward. And from the top it looks like a turkey ready to be roasted... Only good part about the ship are the nacelles... but overall the default stock sovereign is much much better.

And the Jupiter-class... is just... ugly.
Captain
# 52
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Actually that would be each and every non-canon ship in there. No, not just because I'd wish for a game that really feels and looks like Star Trek but all of those "new" ships just look to me as if the designer just didn't get the hold of the basic design principle of the IP. They all look so out of place/wannabe cool, I don't know. I especially hate the caitian ships - if the DEVs had to invent some completely new ship design why did they just copy battlestar galactica instead of doing some original work? Granted, we never really saw any caitians at all. But the design they choose do not reflect the image I got from the rare sources we had. At all.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Commander
# 53
08-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
Actually that would be each and every non-canon ship in there. No, not just because I'd wish for a game that really feels and looks like Star Trek but all of those "new" ships just look to me as if the designer just didn't get the hold of the basic design principle of the IP. They all look so out of place/wannabe cool, I don't know. I especially hate the caitian ships - if the DEVs had to invent some completely new ship design why did they just copy battlestar galactica instead of doing some original work? Granted, we never really saw any caitians at all. But the design they choose do not reflect the image I got from the rare sources we had. At all.
it's not like the canon ships are any better. The Galaxy is the worst design in the whole franchise.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Career Officer
# 54
08-28-2012, 05:11 AM
Keeping in mind that this is all about individual opinion....

I don't like the Luna class. Not one bit.

That pod attached to the saucer looks out of place, and viewing that ship from behind it reminds of one of those dogs that's dragging itself around the carpet! Or a slug.

Sorry - great abilities, functions well in use, but I just hate the look of the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
it's not like the canon ships are any better. The Galaxy is the worst design in the whole franchise.
Wrong - that distinction goes to the DS9 kitbashes.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-28-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Commander
# 55
08-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Keeping in mind that this is all about individual opinion....

I don't like the Luna class. Not one bit.

That pod attached to the saucer looks out of place, and viewing that ship from behind it reminds of one of those dogs that's dragging itself around the carpet! Or a slug.

Sorry - great abilities, functions well in use, but I just hate the look of the thing.
Agreed on the Pod, but not on the Luna as a whole. If you remove the Pod (you can in the customizer), it's one of the best-looking SVs. Not that it's such a hard thing to achieve, considering SVs is where ugly Ships congregate (the Nova isn't ugly, but it's too damn small).

The Galaxy looks good, he just trollan'. On the other hand, the Constitution, Excelsior, Excalibur,... all look pretty bad. Not Olympic/Hope/Horizon-class bad, but still bad.
Captain
# 56
08-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Galaxy is okay, but I'd take the Connie and Excelsior over it any day of the week. NX-class is my favorite.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 57
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
has anyone mentioned IT yet? IT was a galaxy skin iirc, and was removed from STo for crimes against civilization.

I dont remember what it was actually called, but everyone called it the "legoprise"

I will try to find a a pic.

edit- http://www.stowiki.org/Exploration_Cruiser way down the bottom in notes, although, that does not accurately show the full injustice just a taste, sorry only one I could find on a quick google search

Last edited by felisdraconius; 08-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec View Post
Constitution class, Assault cruiser variants (especially the anorexic Odyssey, Regent)
Which one? hopefully not the refit. Or i'll have to slay someone with this d'k tahg.
Rihannsu
# 59
08-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetfc View Post
Which one? hopefully not the refit. Or i'll have to slay someone with this d'k tahg.
Both of them.
Lieutenant
# 60
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
just name any Klingon ship, all of them flying crosses of any kind. no imagination there whatso ever.
You Klingon Bastard You Killed My Son.
Closed Thread