Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,790
# 11
08-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Or, if you have a lot of time on your hands, you could sue in small claims court.

If the purchase was recent, you could dispute it with your bank.

Most people will just wait until Cryptic fixes it. But there are other options if you wish to pursue them.
And they could ban your account until you prove it.

The best option really is:

Support ticket.
Be persistent on the forums.
Mention it to the podcasters.
Tweet Branflakes.
Withold money until they fix it.

They ban people who open disputes and you stay banned unless you withdraw your claim or prove it.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
# 12
08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I have been going back and forth with their support guy on a ticket. He says I didn't buy the thing, but also doesn't have the ability to go back in the logs to see if it was in fact purcahsed when it originally came out.

IIRC, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when that retrofit defiant with the cloak came out, there was no other way to get the defiant with the cloak other than purchasing through the C-Store, am I correct? There was a retrofit defiant, but not one with the cloak, and the c-store had 3 tac slots, not two.

Please tell me I'm wrong here.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,079
# 13
08-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
I have been going back and forth with their support guy on a ticket. He says I didn't buy the thing, but also doesn't have the ability to go back in the logs to see if it was in fact purcahsed when it originally came out.

IIRC, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when that retrofit defiant with the cloak came out, there was no other way to get the defiant with the cloak other than purchasing through the C-Store, am I correct? There was a retrofit defiant, but not one with the cloak, and the c-store had 3 tac slots, not two.

Please tell me I'm wrong here.
When it first came out VAs got the token to get the ship either the Intrepid-R, Galaxy-R, or Defiant-R by default, not as a vet reward.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8
# 14
08-28-2012, 07:15 PM
hravik, was that after season two? I remember paying 1200 CP's for the thing. Also, I'm not saying as a vet reward. One otgher thing, getting it via that VA token, would that have unlocked it for all characters, or just that character?

Last edited by droz; 08-28-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,507
# 15
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Just that character.

07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Star Trek Online: Season 2 Retrofit Ship FAQ
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...98&postcount=1

hravik's PW FAQ link -below- is more up to date.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 08-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,079
# 16
08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
hravik, was that after season two? I remember paying 1200 CP's for the thing. Also, I'm not saying as a vet reward. One otgher thing, getting it via that VA token, would that have unlocked it for all characters, or just that character?
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...rofit-ship-faq

What I'm saying the every new VA got a token for one of those three retrofits at the same time they were released. That there was a nonC-Store option from day one.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,790
# 17
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
I have been going back and forth with their support guy on a ticket. He says I didn't buy the thing, but also doesn't have the ability to go back in the logs to see if it was in fact purcahsed when it originally came out.

IIRC, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when that retrofit defiant with the cloak came out, there was no other way to get the defiant with the cloak other than purchasing through the C-Store, am I correct? There was a retrofit defiant, but not one with the cloak, and the c-store had 3 tac slots, not two.

Please tell me I'm wrong here.
You are wrong. You got a free C-Store retrofit, per character, for hitting Vice Admiral.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,790
# 18
08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Best way to check: for MOST players, even if you bought every retrofit, there is ONE of the three (Galaxy/Intrepid/Defiant) that you would have been unable to buy because of the free one you got.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
# 19
08-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
And they could ban your account until you prove it.

The best option really is:

Support ticket.
Be persistent on the forums.
Mention it to the podcasters.
Tweet Branflakes.
Withold money until they fix it.

They ban people who open disputes and you stay banned unless you withdraw your claim or prove it.
I am pretty skeptical of that claim. If they are not providing receipts for purchases, a judge is likely to place the onus of evidence upon them and retaliating against a customer for filing a lawsuit is likely to further prejudice a judge and create even more potential liability.

I have never used the small claims option for amounts less than a few hundred dollars but at least in California, it is a good, effective way to pursue a financial claim against a business who fails to fulfill an agreement.

I filed a suit against AT&T after they never returned my deposit and, when their representative (lawyers are not allowed in California) could not provide proof of payment, the judge awarded me damages for both the original amount owed plus court fees and time.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
# 20
08-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Best way to check: for MOST players, even if you bought every retrofit, there is ONE of the three (Galaxy/Intrepid/Defiant) that you would have been unable to buy because of the free one you got.
Yeah, the original three ships from the TV series were available for a token, one per character, upon hitting VA.

I kept it simple and used the token for the Galaxy-R on every character and bought the rest from the c-store. However, it is possible that he spent the VA token on the Defiant-R, which came with cloaking device.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.