Commander
# 181
08-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Actually, I'm in favor of the leaver penalty. But I also recognize that there are times when it isn't fair. Like recognizing that a 30 minute scenario shouldn't be taking two hours to complete. Some people are just plain insane... trying the same failed tactic over and over and expecting to get a different result.

If a scenario ever degenerates to the point where everyone, or nearly everyone, is on a long respawn timer at the same time -- clearly everyone has died more than once and the team has wiped or is in danger of wiping.

I think letting people off the hook at that point is probably fair. Not for failed optional objectives, not for simply taking too long, but for systematic breakdowns in teamwork that lead to everyone waiting for a respawn.
how about entire team stays dead for 120 seconds then an abort button will pop up? solves the problem of one (or more) persons bailing and requires something of a consensus among the team that this can't be beat. while not perfect, since one person could grief everyone by constantly reviving...it would still allow a way out without penalty.

actually, abort button would be there with a countdown on it, grays out if someone revives before the time is up.

the main thing is one person bailing to find a what they consider a 'sweeter' team just won't work. had that happen today in klingon fleet alert, guy comes in, sees 4 vo'quv and a cruiser and is like 'this ain't going to work' and bails. and ya, he did say that before he left. we still won it...but that's the kind of thing that would happen if it was left up to individual players having a way out without penalty.

team agreement works a bit better imo. could do away with the countdown entirely as long as everyone agrees to abort.
Lt. Commander
# 182
08-28-2012, 01:59 PM
After a spree of catastrophic stfs I just played I'm pretty adamant, that I shouldn't get a penalty, when I leave a STF full of i...

Specially if there are only 3 others left, because someone already left the STF.
Career Officer
# 183
08-28-2012, 07:15 PM
yeah..gonna earn some rage here but i am not afraid to say my peace and whatnot.

There should be no penalty for leaving an STF at all.......Why do you ask? The answer is simple. All STF players should go through an accolade process which allows them to experince the lesser stf and learn the fundamentals of elite stf handling.

I would think 20-30 sucessful runs on normal would allow some, if not most. players to learn the ropes well enough to even venture into uncharted territory.

Hypothedically: On the 30th su cessful run they earn an accolade.....'play with the big boys/girls" Now they have access to elite content.

That being said i do not expect a first timer in elite to perform perfectly...i too was once an inexperienced player back when the game launched. It is insidious to me that the mechanics allow a newly made lvl 50 to enter into elite play with no knowledge or skills....let alone the gear to even be useful. I'm not willing(mostly) to play teacher to someone who is "wet behind the ears" It could be an account wide accolade too..since we need only learnt he ropes once...
THE WORST part of the NEWER players in elite is no communication..."PARDON ME GUYS" I am new dunno what I am doing....I am more prone to helping that then the "silent newcomer" who ruins it because he cant deal with the probes on KA

FLEET DRIVEN CONTENT they are boring and easy......should be no ragequitting there.....the amount of marks awarded between failure and sucess is so marginal......IMO. Still i will insist there be no leaver penalty.....but again it is my opinion.

LASTLY IMO I feel the Leaver penalty is an attempt to placate those who were left behind and the rage.anger they might feel. YOU LEAVE US?? How dare you..now u suffer. We all pretty much pay to play in some manner.....IF you dont like to PUG dont..you are not forced to..this is a social game..make friends.....play with them......but if you must PUG....be warned there be shenanigans ahead.
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Commander
# 184
08-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabisi View Post
yeah..gonna earn some rage here but i am not afraid to say my peace and whatnot.

There should be no penalty for leaving an STF at all.......Why do you ask? The answer is simple. All STF players should go through an accolade process which allows them to experince the lesser stf and learn the fundamentals of elite stf handling.

I would think 20-30 sucessful runs on normal would allow some, if not most. players to learn the ropes well enough to even venture into uncharted territory.

Hypothedically: On the 30th su cessful run they earn an accolade.....'play with the big boys/girls" Now they have access to elite content.

That being said i do not expect a first timer in elite to perform perfectly...i too was once an inexperienced player back when the game launched. It is insidious to me that the mechanics allow a newly made lvl 50 to enter into elite play with no knowledge or skills....let alone the gear to even be useful. I'm not willing(mostly) to play teacher to someone who is "wet behind the ears" It could be an account wide accolade too..since we need only learnt he ropes once...
THE WORST part of the NEWER players in elite is no communication..."PARDON ME GUYS" I am new dunno what I am doing....I am more prone to helping that then the "silent newcomer" who ruins it because he cant deal with the probes on KA

FLEET DRIVEN CONTENT they are boring and easy......should be no ragequitting there.....the amount of marks awarded between failure and sucess is so marginal......IMO. Still i will insist there be no leaver penalty.....but again it is my opinion.

LASTLY IMO I feel the Leaver penalty is an attempt to placate those who were left behind and the rage.anger they might feel. YOU LEAVE US?? How dare you..now u suffer. We all pretty much pay to play in some manner.....IF you dont like to PUG dont..you are not forced to..this is a social game..make friends.....play with them......but if you must PUG....be warned there be shenanigans ahead.
I agree that there should be no leaver penalty. I have to bail on failing runss all the time. However, gating estfs would not work as people could still get carried and be cluelees. Vote yes on the ignore list strategy! Say no to griefers, leeches, trolls, and rainbow fart failboats!
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Career Officer
# 185 new early leaver penalty
08-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Few days ago, a friend of mine sent me a team invite. My friend was team leader and set us in a Team Queue for an STF mission. When we engaged and entered the STF my friend ended up in 1 STF and I ended up in another altogether.

Sure enough there were 2 noob Mirandas beside me. Not only did i not end up in the right Queue or mission but, Noobs, and i wasnt even with my team?! so I naturally left the STF & Bam! = i get a penalty for a Queue bug?!

totally not Kewlies
Career Officer
# 186
08-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm still laughing about the 2% accolades assertion on page one.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 187
08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Agreed with OP, at least regarding the penalty itself.

Today I found out about the leaver penalty - the hard way. My system locked up with thrashing/memory issues and I had to hard shutdown and reset. By the time I got my system back up, I found out I was banned from all queues.

Suffice it to say, I was pissed, and I'm a paying customer as well.

Penalties of this sort should only be extended to CHRONIC offenders. I've stuck with hopeless STFs more times than I can count; technical difficulties booting me out of the queue when I have very little time to play does NOT engraciate me.
Empire Veteran
# 188
08-29-2012, 12:12 AM
This is why I usually won't join a pug because I only play Elite and face it there are so few players who are actually elite that the chances of finding another elite player in an elite stf pugging are astronomically against you.

I hope that system for progression with STF's will put players in some kind of gauging system where if you have not accomplished a lot or anything in STF's that its not going to team you with a player who is looking for elite players like themselves to team with so that you can just que up and go and have some sense of okay these guys should be somewhat okay to team with.

Another thing to break some language barriers which sometimes with optionals and such are a prime example of leavers is someone being given a leader option that can assign tasks that could be translated to the team mates. I hate to say this too but in IGE in pugs we need a tractor beam or stasis field of some type that just holds the noobs in place from screwing up the run
Commander
# 189
08-29-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm not entirely sure this thread isn't one long troll, but here I go anyway. :\

1) If your not having fun, don't play. The use of the game a is to have fun. If your not having fun, the game has failed in it's use, and your basically just punishing your self.

2) If your going to fault someone fore not being perfect, I suggest you look in a mirror sometime soon.

A good chuck of the thread seems to be bound up in the idea that "we're awesome, and entitled to be surrounded by awesome people like us". Sound outrageous? Really? Keep that sentence in mind and reread the first page or five.

Still reading? Oh good.

Some of the better runs I've had were me getting off my high hill, and just enoying the simple joy of teaching people how to do a STF. Most new people are shy about doing a elite because they're afraid of or tired of being yelled at. Then instead of taking the abuse of a clanish bunch, just move on to greener pastures. So, there are always more newbies and fewer "elites". Case and point the "elite" channels. If why want to cry about PuGs being bad, you really should know it's a hell of your own make.

We love because he first loved us.
Empire Veteran
# 190
08-29-2012, 02:59 AM
i got banned from all ques tonight. you know why? because i missed hitting accept when a game was trying to start twice, because of map transitions both times. and i was banned from all qued content, EVEN PVP. that is bull****, i didn't leave early on anything. i do not deserve this insult
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Closed Thread