Super Moderator
When buying any item from a vendor where you can get multiple items, such as commodities and consumables, the current maximum amount on the slider is 50.

This is really RSI-inducing when we need hundreds of consumables for starbase projects.

The max on the quantity slider should be increased to 250, minimum, to match the normal stack size.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 2
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
+1

It is so annoying buying so many items at only 50 a pop, especially when the project requires 3000+ items.

If the item stacks in multiples of 250. why can't we have the option to buy in multiples of 250?

Photon torpedoes mk I are the worst.

Vendor: What can I get you sir?
Captain: I would like 250 photon torpedoes mkI launchers, please!
Vendor: certainly sir, here you go. (hands one over)
Captain: I asked for 250, not 1.
Vendor: what can I get you sir?
Captain: the other, 249 torpedoes.
Vendor: what kind sir.
Captain: mkI.
Vendor: photon or quantum?
Captain: I have already placed the order. I would like 249 photon torpedoes MkI launchers.
Captain: (sighs)*
Captain: can I speak to your supervisor?
Vendor: I am very sorry sir, I have no supervisor!
Captain: so you are the business owner? Why can't you sell me 250 photon torpedo mk I launchers at the same time?
Captainpulls phaser out)
End scene
Career Officer
# 3
08-29-2012, 08:27 AM
- 1 from me...

While I see you're point, and it would certainly make things easier... I think there are other more worthwhile projects to occupy developers queues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 4
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
- 1 from me...

While I see you're point, and it would certainly make things easier... I think there are other more worthwhile projects to occupy developers queues.
This is a very small change in terms of coding or testing so it would not take a proggramer more than 1 hour or two to change the value in the code line for all the vendors and items in the game. It would also only take about 10 minutes per vendor to test.

It is such a small change they wouldn't need to add it to a patch they could release it as a hot fix, that is how small this change would. Hardly diverting the developers from creating the next STF or episode content.
Super Moderator
# 5
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
- 1 from me...

I suspect that this particular request ought to be a simple one. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't see changing maximum quantity from 50 to 250 as a big deal.

This is absolutely critical for provisioning starbase projects. It takes way longer than it should take, it's inefficient, and it does cause repetitive stress injury.

People with RSI are less likely to want to play because their wrists start hurting, so that's a bottom line kind of issue.

I'd almost even recommend increasing stack sizes, but that probably would be a big change. I'd settle for letting the slider go to 250.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 6
08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think the request is "absolutely critical" for fleet base projects, as they are going along as is without this addition.

I don't know about "causing" repetitive stress injury either... aggravating it... perhaps.... but cause it... i don't think i'd agree with that.

Still a -1 from me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
When buying any item from a vendor where you can get multiple items, such as commodities and consumables, the current maximum amount on the slider is 50.

This is really RSI-inducing when we need hundreds of consumables for starbase projects.

The max on the quantity slider should be increased to 250, minimum, to match the normal stack size.

we need it NOW ... the every time I make a major purchase gotta drag the screens and put the buttons on top of one another, and click as IF THERE WERE NO TOMMOROW

Another thing we need,

please make the Enter key (or F or spacebar) to be equal to OK on screen
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
well, that would kill my business. i am selling full stacks of many needed commodities for sector traders prices on the exchange and directly to smaller fleets.they have less work and i get some profits...

so -1 for trying to kill another trading opportunity
Career Officer
# 9
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
+1

It is so annoying buying so many items at only 50 a pop, especially when the project requires 3000+ items.

If the item stacks in multiples of 250. why can't we have the option to buy in multiples of 250?

Photon torpedoes mk I are the worst.

Vendor: What can I get you sir?
Captain: I would like 250 photon torpedoes mkI launchers, please!
Captain: I asked for 250, not 1.
Captain: the other, 249 torpedoes.
Vendor: what kind sir.
Captain: mkI.
Vendor: photon or quantum?
Captain: I have already placed the order. I would like 249 photon torpedoes MkI launchers.
Captain: (sighs)*
Captain: can I speak to your supervisor?
Vendor: I am very sorry sir, I have no supervisor!
Captain: so you are the business owner? Why can't you sell me 250 photon torpedo mk I launchers at the same time?
Captainpulls phaser out)
End scene
ROFL thx for that laugh

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
# 10
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
I've thought this many times and would like to see it added. A simple quality of life improvement, akin to increased stack sizes on data samples from the 100 to 250 they now are.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)