Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 191
08-29-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post
2) If your going to fault someone fore not being perfect, I suggest you look in a mirror sometime soon.
No one is perfect, but if you don't know, what is going on, the least you can do is to ask.

And yes, fresh Vice Admirals shouldn't be allowed to join elite STFs. They should at least have to get decent gear.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 219
# 192
08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
these penaltys should stack

first in a month 1 hour
second in a month 1 day
third in a month 1 week
fourth in a month permanent

and this is LEAVE (as in beam out or warp out )
if you lose connection you should be returned to the instance when you log in
(and sit out the timer as normal if you are slow getting back)
Now this is some seriously funny troll bait here.......

I would much rather prefer the...if you fail the basic strategies of the elite stf you get a penalty...

First tiime you blow a nanite too early banned for 1 hour

First time you spawn a cube and dont kill it 2 hours

For Each incremental infraction will eventually lead you to being banned from STo completely because u cant listen.

Bet mine will be more popular then yours......
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 193
08-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i got banned from all ques tonight. you know why? because i missed hitting accept when a game was trying to start twice, because of map transitions both times. and i was banned from all qued content, EVEN PVP. that is bull****, i didn't leave early on anything. i do not deserve this insult
Pretty sure that's a glitch. I miss the accept button all the time and I've never been banned from the queues.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 194
08-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Ok am in favour of keeping the penalty, but it should have some of the rules looked at.

Although this never happened to me, it happened to a fleet member last night. He was in a PUG on a STF ground, when he asked if 3 of us could join him. When he explained 3 people left the instance we explained that we couldn't join his match. Well we could, but the odds of getting in to his and not getting matched up with 2 others queued for a new one were pretty low.

So a suggestion on how to fix this.

We all know you can complete any space STF elite with just 4 players, even 3 should be able to do a cure, minus the opt. But STF ground Can be a little more tricky with 4 or less players.

So when a player or two dropout, the system should recognise this and move the match over to a pubic invite instance where you can invite friends or fleet members to replace the deserters. Plus drop the penalty when only 3 players are left in the event. So they can drop it without repercussions.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 195
08-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
Ok am in favour of keeping the penalty, but it should have some of the rules looked at.

Although this never happened to me, it happened to a fleet member last night. He was in a PUG on a STF ground, when he asked if 3 of us could join him. When he explained 3 people left the instance we explained that we couldn't join his match. Well we could, but the odds of getting in to his and not getting matched up with 2 others queued for a new one were pretty low.

So a suggestion on how to fix this.

We all know you can complete any space STF elite with just 4 players, even 3 should be able to do a cure, minus the opt. But STF ground Can be a little more tricky with 4 or less players.

So when a player or two dropout, the system should recognise this and move the match over to a pubic invite instance where you can invite friends or fleet members to replace the deserters. Plus drop the penalty when only 3 players are left in the event. So they can drop it without repercussions.
what about when you are on ise and the other four rainbow failboats blow a gen early? when the sheres overwhelm me, and theres 0 chance of sucess within an hour, i bail. and i suck the leaver penalty. i want the leaver penalty removed. the idea behind it is to prevent people from leaving in the first place. i bail anyway when an estf gets to a point where its completely hopeless...
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 348
# 196
08-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
four rainbow failboats blow a gen early? ...
can you explain what you mean with that or still to try attak me on any way?
i dont attak you you not attak me thx.


and to tropic the idea from sollvax is very nice.

staking penelitys like first time 1 hour, 2 time 2 hour ,...... up to perm ban.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 197
08-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
Ok am in favour of keeping the penalty, but it should have some of the rules looked at.
I think there should be exceptions. If there are i.e. only 4 people left, the rest should be able to leave, if he wants to.

Yesterday I was thrown in an ISE in which only two others were left, the optional was already failed and spheres were all over the place. So it probably wasn't even possible, to do the STF, because new spheres spawned faster than three people could have destroyed them, but there is no way to get out without the penalty.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 198
08-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
what about when you are on ise and the other four rainbow failboats blow a gen early? when the sheres overwhelm me, and theres 0 chance of sucess within an hour, i bail. and i suck the leaver penalty. i want the leaver penalty removed. the idea behind it is to prevent people from leaving in the first place. i bail anyway when an estf gets to a point where its completely hopeless...
I don't see in taken the penalty away how it will stop people leaving. In fact it will have the exact opposite effect.

Example,
A. I am in an STF and A fleet member asks if I want to run one with him. Ok, will be right there and I leave to join them. Because there is no penalty, I can join him immediately in another STF.

B. CSE- I guy decided to pop a cube before we have taken down any of the other probes on the other cubes, Oh well I will leave and find another group, because there is no penalty.

C. IGE- Two people fall in the Goo and we can't rescue them or we never got the opt, I will leave to find a better group, because there is no penalty.

Need I go on, take away the penalty and you will see people rage and quit over the smallest detail more, not less.

How ever like I said they need to drop the penalty once there is only 3 or less people in the group.

I would like to point out I have only quit twice, once when I first played stfs and I didn't read the warning before quitting. The other was KGE, I tried to explain for 20 minutes how someone needs to work the console to drop the shields and then you shoot the console, then they never had the dps to destroy the console before the shields went back up. So I spent another 20-30 minutes showing them how to work the console and they still didn't get it. So I decided it would be quicker to take the penalty, but if there was no penalty, I would have left them much earlier. In fact as far as I know they are still in there scratching their heads wondering what to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 151
# 199
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Fogerty you want some cheese with that whine? Seriously you leave early and abandon the team before it even starts and then moan and groan about a penalty, you are the kind of person its designed for buddy. I have 12 toons and didnt go for accolades on every single 1, so if you saw me would you say im a newb, when ive been playing as long as you. 1 word for you.



ENJOY!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 778
# 200
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
same here I left stf can't do any PVE que this is a clear slap in face of those who pay
have you ever read a release notes on it nope they just did it

so wrong
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.