Ensign
# 411
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone View Post
IT'S DEAD JIM!

I have proxy already enabled, but still can't open the launcher today.
yes, apropos proxy:

have you tried to route your whole internet connection over a proxy?
i think this can be done like described here: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...ke-ip-address/ *not tested*

i remember someone wrote that he could connect via his smartphone - this would be logical as this is another WAN-connection and has another public ip...
Career Officer
# 412
08-29-2012, 10:11 AM
I now have the same problem ...
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Survivor of Romulus
# 413
08-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Just had a message from Tech Support saying thank you for the info and our engineers are investigating the issue. Now thats all well and good but I see, thanks for the info but your going be out for a long time, hoping I can get a new IP on Monday when the lease tries to renew, so my router will be off from Saturday night until Monday night maybe tuesday as i'll be out so no biggy, but god help my ISP if I get the same IP address!!!!

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
Ensign
# 414 disapointment
08-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I have the same problem with the launcher since yesterday. I did my daily Doff in the morning but afetr 4 pm I try to connect and my launcher got an error I havent be able to log ing since there I try replacing my launcher and reinstalling the game but by now nothing happens

changin the IP appears a very drastic measure why are we the ones who had to try the game when we all know is cryptic problem. why should we have to search for solutions? when they are the ones who hads to fix it?

even if we have the F2P account I had speand real money in the game. Two weeks ago I had problems with laging its very fustraring trying to play a game that the own owners dont give a crap about for the player who by the way are the costumers and what to say about only one server for the game when I see every other game with 6 or 7 servers and no connections problem

Star trek community is big enough to get a better service for their money why even thing about of buying the Gold membership and pay lots of money when dont even know if the game is going to work the nex morning. but we as a player are to blame because we cant get the point across very clear to the programers and have to put up with all this because its nothing out there to fill out our need to watch star trek .

really if there were another game or tv series with the name star trek that had just a litte better service we forget this game quick

seriusly guys of cryptic if are reading this and I really hope you do, we just want to play every time we want as long as we want or wan to pay for all those items that arent even in the show but how can we If we can even log in its a really bad problem the kind of problem that drive players away

and because of that Im looking for another MMORPG that want my money and my time because for the looks of this and other players in the same situations I DONT KNOW WHEN IM GOING TO PLAY GAIN because of the problem

We all hope the problem FIX but if not I will find another game.
Ensign
# 415
08-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Im having the same problem. Read the all the other posts and alot of there fixes didnt seam to hold up ive tried some of them and no joy, AND realy u cant even get it to the luancher to force verify and proxy, but i already had force verify on. Im on satilite wondering if cryptic is blocking all sat players would like to know if others are sat to and blocked. Also i went into gameclient and tryied that way it took the login info and went to load but droped back out to the login in screen. all other internet and games work fine. THIS IS DEFINATELY A CRYPTIC PROBLEM. this isnt the fist time this problems happend to me or others apperantly, I had to reload the entire game 3 diffrent times im not doing it again cryptic needs to fix this problem nobodys gona put up with this every couple of months no mater how much they like startrek
Ensign
# 416
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
I cannot connect too. The posted solution does not work.
Lieutenant
# 417
08-29-2012, 11:40 AM
well. im guessing that perfect world doesnt want me to spend any more money on this game. i mean i was playing last night just fine, and when i wake up this morning i cant connect to the game. i suppose some gremlins must have gotten on my computer and screwed something up, cause im sure it cant be a problem with perfect worlds stuff right.
Ensign
# 418
08-29-2012, 11:56 AM
i started getting the same problem at 4:30ish(UK time) this morning, the game was running as well as it normally does, i logged out and got the 'cryptic launcher autoupdate trying to update' message when i tried to log back in. ive tried everything i could find to fix this but to no avail
Ensign
# 419 cant log in
08-29-2012, 12:22 PM
i am having the same issues as everyone else patcher doesnt load and sticks

before trying any stuff on my pc i hooked up my laptop where i have the game also intalled , used a different internet service and connection method and still nothing .

So now i am worried
I guess that something is wrong with cryptic handling accounts or that the whole server is down.

the first one most probably and thats what worries me cryptic is not giving any answers

i dont think thet the issues that are showing up have anything to do with our pcs its all on cryptic's side

anyways i just want it fixed to keep playing
Ensign
# 420
08-29-2012, 12:36 PM
This is happening to me also, was ok on Monday but nothing now.

Dam annoying.