Commander
# 1 NEW STFs needet!!
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
hi,

after season 6 bring 0 new challange ingame.

i will ask again for new STF lvl the actuall elite lvl is a joke much to easy on any way its nice that some ships gat a new skill but that brings in total nothing.

and with the new skills new nuubies cry again a iso kill me a torp kill me bla bla bla anyone knows the nuubcrys so ever patch npcs get now nerft to crap.

rename the actuall elite stfs to advance.

and bring a new elite lvl all npc have to get 2x HP and +50% attak power.

this change will be nice so the nuubs can make there nuuby advance lvl and the players with experience can play the new elite one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Have my own ideas in this area

a Thunder run

(no Respawns win or fail)

The mission would be for a small team of crack commandos to infiltrate a section 31 base where section 31 are cloning Starfleet admirals

You would fight your way past automated security (turrets , force fields , a sliding chip puzzle)

Enter the cloning facility

plant spacial charges

head to control

Fight Drake in fierce melee combat among the delicate life support systems

then evacuate as the Facilities clone security troops swarm out

Anyone who died would exit the instance

Complete the mission and you would get a special accolade

something like "impossible Missions Force"
And a Big fat lump of fleet marks
Career Officer
# 3
08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Have my own ideas in this area

a Thunder run

(no Respawns win or fail)

The mission would be for a small team of crack commandos to infiltrate a section 31 base where section 31 are cloning Starfleet admirals

You would fight your way past automated security (turrets , force fields , a sliding chip puzzle)

Enter the cloning facility

plant spacial charges

head to control

Fight Drake in fierce melee combat among the delicate life support systems

then evacuate as the Facilities clone security troops swarm out

Anyone who died would exit the instance

Complete the mission and you would get a special accolade

something like "impossible Missions Force"
And a Big fat lump of fleet marks
God help me, I agree with Sollvax... this would be a good mission. Although you should allow a rez of team mates.

I also agree with the OP... and will re-up my recommendation that the Old STF's be brought back in some manner... THEY were difficult... eliminate the 1 shot wonder kills, but give the borg some teeth, and make the mission turely hard...

My favorite example is Khitomer Space (part 1)... the probe spawns used to have Sphere guardians with every spawn... you could focus only on probes, and let the spheres build up... but would soon be faced with a dozen or so spheres floating around wiping the map with you and your team.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Commander
# 4
08-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
God help me, I agree with Sollvax... this would be a good mission. Although you should allow a rez of team mates.

I also agree with the OP... and will re-up my recommendation that the Old STF's be brought back in some manner... THEY were difficult... eliminate the 1 shot wonder kills, but give the borg some teeth, and make the mission turely hard...

My favorite example is Khitomer Space (part 1)... the probe spawns used to have Sphere guardians with every spawn... you could focus only on probes, and let the spheres build up... but would soon be faced with a dozen or so spheres floating around wiping the map with you and your team.
Onfg its the end of the world... solvax actuall said something meaningful! And I agree woith it! Gid help us all...
Though, honestly, they should fix the ones we have b4 they make new ones.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 5
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
sorry but i open this thrad for plaxers who know how to play not crykids.

and players who know how to play do most stfs in ~7 min that says theyare much to easy.

and about the crykids the much to easy misions get additional nerfs what says its becomes ever patch easyer and easyer.

so add a new stf for real players and let the nuubs do there actuall lvl, thats my wish.
Commander
# 6
08-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
sorry but i open this thrad for plaxers who know how to play not crykids.

and players who know how to play do most stfs in ~7 min that says theyare much to easy.

and about the crykids the much to easy misions get additional nerfs what says its becomes ever patch easyer and easyer.

so add a new stf for real players and let the nuubs do there actuall lvl, thats my wish.
No 'crykids' or 'nuubs' have suggested nerfing anything in this thread. Just the opposite actually, Sollvax and Johnny have both requested harder content. Johnny wants the old STFs which were harder, and Sollvax has suggested a mission in which you have no respawn. I appreciate English isn't your first language, but neither of those posts is suggesting a nerf or a reduction in difficulty.

The closest anyone's come to suggesting a 'nerf' is restoring the longer, old style STFs and removing the one-shotting that was in them (and in the new ones for a while too). The older STFs were actually harder (and a lot longer) than the current ones. So asking for them back is not asking for a nerf overall. Johnny gave a good example of how to KA used to be harder - there was no such thing as just probes spawning. Spheres spawned with them (as if a gate had been destroyed) and had to be dealt with. Your gate guardians couldn't just sit there hammering weak probes that don't even attack players for half a mission. They'd have spheres to deal with.

And as for one-shotting, it shouldn't be in the game. Dealing with it is not actually difficult anyway. Let me explain: the Isometric Charge is not a 1-shot kill if you're first or second in the chain, so that's not what Johnny means when he says '1-shot kill'. He means the Borg invisi-torps that used to hit for 200k damage without warning, which is unsurvivable, no matter what you do. The only option is to run away from whatever fires it when it targets you. Running away from something when it targets you is not actually difficult. A monkey could do it. It is, however, annoying and bad game design.

Personally, I'd like to see things made harder with an NPC redesign.

And hell, an all-new STF with new maps, new challenges and 'puzzles' wouldn't go amiss either.

Last edited by skhc; 08-30-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
08-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Into the Hive is already in the works.
Leipzig University, 1409-2409
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
But thats BORG and the only thing less exciting than Borg is tribbles
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
We need some KDF flavored (but still cross-faction) STFs.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Community Moderator
# 10
08-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd pay real $ or give back Dil to play a mission where I could put Drake's lights out.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek