Ensign
# 421
08-29-2012, 12:41 PM
And the same here, after reading only a handfull of the replys(only a few because i am incrdibly dim) I am worried, sounds like this is a problem across the whole game. I'm not very good with computers so all i can say is; Bad Game...very bad game!

sort yourselves out or you will lose players, and some of these are pretty good.
Commander
# 422
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
I was on most of the day yesterday, but last night I tried to log back on and the Launcher Autoupdater kept failing. This morning and again this afternoon the problem persists. I've replaced the .exe file a few times now, which did help in the past, but so far I've had no luck.

Just one more thing that is beyond obnoxious...
Ensign
# 423 wait...what!?!?!
08-29-2012, 01:11 PM
i was reading this thread, then in total despair i tried to log in...and it worked fine (wasnt since an hour (atleast for me))got a little patch but all was normal right now i think i will be playing try it now if you had the issue (not ten day after the date up there)
Ensign
# 424
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Still, not a sausage my good man.
Survivor of Romulus
# 425
08-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Experiencing this currently as well.
Commander
# 426
08-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc53702 View Post
wahaha! whats going on here?
there are posts spawning like hell!

i still have the suspicion that Cryptic/PWE is kinda blocking some of the ip?s...
NCC53702, you've pretty well summed up my reaction to this thread! This place has hopped up from 34 pages to 38 pages (mostly with new folk being effected) since night before last. This problem is definitely spreading.

And I also agree that this problem is likely somehow rooted in some glitch on the Cryptic/PWE end that's somehow blocking user IP addresses and causing connection failures.

I logged in twice yesterday. Haven't tried again today, though I did check and made sure that I still have the same IP address I had yesterday. Really hoping it still works, when I give it a go in a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averydd View Post
Just had a message from Tech Support saying thank you for the info and our engineers are investigating the issue. Now thats all well and good but I see, thanks for the info but your going be out for a long time, hoping I can get a new IP on Monday when the lease tries to renew, so my router will be off from Saturday night until Monday night maybe tuesday as i'll be out so no biggy, but god help my ISP if I get the same IP address!!!!
Averydd, make sure to time your modem and router disconnect in such a way that it allows for a maximum disconnect time, after the stated time and date of IP address expiration. To confirm IP address expiration, simply go to 'CMD' and then type 'ipconfig/all' and make a note of when the IP address will expire. Then disconnect sometime before that stated time and leave it disconnected for 8 hours or longer, after that stated lease expiration time. Hopefully, that'll be enough time for someone to pick up your old IP address, thus granting you a new one.

Also, with any luck, Cryptic/PWE will have resolved this problem, for everyone effected, before you have to go through that trouble. Looking at the latest Tribble patch notes (which will likely hit Holodeck tomorrow), those notes did indicate both a fix that was causing people to crash when accessing the Tailor and "general server stability maintenance". So, here's hoping everyone effected gets magically cured of this problem by tomorrow!
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Ensign
# 427
08-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I just get a Cryptic launcher auto update, then a patcher error popup..no STO for me tonight!
Ensign
# 428
08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I was off for a few days, Downloaded an update a few days ago with no issue. Lastnight I tried to log on with no luck, patcher error... I dont have a modem or router to power cycle, I only have my smartphones hospot. In which Ive had very little issue playing this game for many months in this manner... I have tried the trace route and everything seems fine as far as that goes...

I did read on another post however that if your download speed is too slow this will cause the error also... It seems that the launcher updater has a time limit for you to download the new 8+mb .exe file...

Kinda hard for me to do near end of month seeing as my net speed is capped after an amount of usage has been exceeded...

Installed thru steam...
Lt. Commander
Go to this thread. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=270847
Ensign
# 430
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
Go to this thread. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=270847
That was a no go for me... same issues...