Ensign
# 431
08-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
Go to this thread. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=270847
Quote:
Go to this thread. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=270847
This used to work for me, now it doesn't. Like most others, I've been out since yesterday. I completely uninstalled and am currently DLing the newest version (Original copy was ST.17.20120318a.9). Just hope that that fixes everything.
Ensign
# 432
08-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeofluck View Post
This used to work for me, now it doesn't. Like most others, I've been out since yesterday. I completely uninstalled and am currently DLing the newest version (Original copy was ST.17.20120318a.9). Just hope that that fixes everything.
Unfortunately I dont easily have that option, smartphone 3g... Damn this sucks!
Lt. Commander
# 433
08-29-2012, 06:38 PM
When I first ran the copy it also went to the Attempting to update box on the upper left hand corner. So I thought that it wouldn't work, but after a while instead of going to attempt 2 it opened the launcher, and now it works.

Try running the copy again and see if it actually gets to the error popup.
Lt. Commander
# 434
08-29-2012, 06:39 PM
As of late last night, I'm with the others in here. Even going into the game directory and starting the Game Client from there just gets me to where I can log in, then it times out while attempting to connect to the account server. It sure acts like my IP address is completely blocked from talking to this game and Champions Online.

I tried unplugging and leaving unplugged for 8 hours and that didn't help.
Lieutenant
# 435
08-29-2012, 06:44 PM
On the plus side maybe they'll actually start looking into it now that more than the 5 of us are being effected. Of course they've already lost me as a customer, I won't be back even though I love star trek.
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Ensign
# 436
08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Negative... I've tried to run the launcher close to 75+times... No connection issues in communicating with the server, Just wont work!!!! Bout to get rid of this game and go back to **** or something!
Ensign
# 437
08-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
When I first ran the copy it also went to the Attempting to update box on the upper left hand corner. So I thought that it wouldn't work, but after a while instead of going to attempt 2 it opened the launcher, and now it works.

Try running the copy again and see if it actually gets to the error popup.
I tried it a solid 50x, up until earlier today when I started the new DL. It may work at this moment or not. I'd have a huge update once I got in anyway, so I'll just go with the new one once it's done.

One note, not sure if it's anything of value or not.

When you open up the "pcl" file, it shows errors like this:

120829 03:14:58 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

That time indicator was 4 hours off. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything. The minutes are right though. Just kinda struck me as odd.
Ensign
# 438
08-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeofluck View Post
I tried it a solid 50x, up until earlier today when I started the new DL. It may work at this moment or not. I'd have a huge update once I got in anyway, so I'll just go with the new one once it's done.

One note, not sure if it's anything of value or not.

When you open up the "pcl" file, it shows errors like this:

120829 03:14:58 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

That time indicator was 4 hours off. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything. The minutes are right though. Just kinda struck me as odd.
Same here. Mine shows 4hrs ahead of me...

120830 01:47:28 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
Survivor of Romulus
# 439
08-29-2012, 07:21 PM
as I said in my previous post I would do my best to get a link up for people that were having issues with there launcher but had no way to get a .exe file from someone else.

here is the link to the post of the .EXE file on my fleets website you will need WinRar to extract the file and know where the .exe file is for most that is (Default) C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios. You can either rename the old .exe file (old - Star Trek Online) or just replace it, I tend to rename it then delete it later on.

http://storm.guildofdarkhaven.org/?p=62

I hope this helps

BlkBugHunter
Ensign
# 440
08-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
as I said in my previous post I would do my best to get a link up for people that were having issues with there launcher but had no way to get a .exe file from someone else.

here is the link to the post of the .EXE file on my fleets website you will need WinRar to extract the file and know where the .exe file is for most that is (Default) C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios. You can either rename the old .exe file (old - Star Trek Online) or just replace it, I tend to rename it then delete it later on.

http://storm.guildofdarkhaven.org/?p=62

I hope this helps

BlkBugHunter
Will give it a try, thx in advance even if it dont work..

UPDATE: Still same results.
120830 02:57:50 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. - No response for some command in autoupdate state
120830 02:57:50 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.

Last edited by illusion2099; 08-29-2012 at 07:58 PM.