Ensign
# 441
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Hey Cryptic guys,

Over 8k views now and climbing rapidly. At least stop by and acknowledge the issue. It chaps my ass that only users are tossing out ideas and giving updates on their progress. Should be the other way around. It's pretty ghetto that the standard for STO is to bum working launcher files in hopes that something gives. Obviously there's been issues with the launcher off and on for a long time. Fix it, or fire the guys that made it and get new people working it. If this is a "higher up" problem, where they've given you crap to work with and are expected to make it work, feel free to print this off and stick it under someones door, or elsewhere.
Survivor of Romulus
# 442
08-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion2099 View Post
Will give it a try, thx in advance even if it dont work..

UPDATE: Still same results.
120830 02:57:50 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. - No response for some command in autoupdate state
120830 02:57:50 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.
hmm not sure why it didn't help it worked for me as I had the same issue that's been posted on here. The only thing I can think of is that if your running Win7 you had windows copy the file instead of replace it. any ways sorry it didn't work for you maybe it will for others.
Ensign
# 443
08-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
hmm not sure why it didn't help it worked for me as I had the same issue that's been posted on here. The only thing I can think of is that if your running Win7 you had windows copy the file instead of replace it. any ways sorry it didn't work for you maybe it will for others.
I renamed the original then extracted into the folder.
Ensign
# 444
08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah I too have had this problem since yesterday. I downloaded two separate EXEs and neither have alleviated the issue. I share in a previous posters frustrations in regards to the comment about Cryptic not having a single thing to say about this issue. 400 posts on this issue should be enough to warrant a sticky.

Thankfully its free to play but it just goes to reinforce the idea that F2P games are trash and not to be given the time of day.. Thanks for nothing Cryptic.

I demand 6 million zen points for this inconvenience...but realistically.. please look into this before your whole base decides to piss off...

I mean EVE would love to have me back I'm sure.
Ensign
# 445
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexxstuff View Post
Yeah I too have had this problem since yesterday. I downloaded two separate EXEs and neither have alleviated the issue. I share in a previous posters frustrations in regards to the comment about Cryptic not having a single thing to say about this issue. 400 posts on this issue should be enough to warrant a sticky.

Thankfully its free to play but it just goes to reinforce the idea that F2P games are trash and not to be given the time of day.. Thanks for nothing Cryptic.

I demand 6 million zen points for this inconvenience...but realistically.. please look into this before your whole base decides to piss off...

I mean EVE would love to have me back I'm sure.
I would love to go back to eve, however my poor mans budget wont allow it... lol
Ensign
# 446
08-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah well CCP is taking care of their own. Cryptic cant say the same at this point. I understand that issues pop up and everything and the tech team has to deal with brutal critisms from their fan base but at this point not even a reply has been issued. Thats pathetic.

This is a company that rakes in tons of money from people who need not pay but do in good faith. I am one of them. I dropped 30 bucks the other night just for Master Keys alone. I expect to be able to use those after i paid for them...

That being said I wont hold my breath. If this issue was important to Cryptic they would've attempted to calm everyone down and reassure us..so far nothing.

I don't wanna go off and play something else but honestly what choice does one have when tech support doesn't give a rats ass? I wouldn't vote, or work for someone who didnt look out for me. Why should I play a game from the same type?
Career Officer
# 447
08-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Well just as quickly as I was back in I am out again. Closed the game to do some other things and sure enough when I clicked the icon I got the familiar little box telling me it can't connect to patch server. I think I have just about had it with this stupid game, I have waited 3 months for some kind of resolution and now with all the recent activity there still seems to be a failure to communicate on PWE supports end. Maybe I will check back in a year but If this is the standard for helping people I don't think there will be a game, half of the base can't log in anymore and the rest are just freepers, thanks PWE for absorbing Cryptic and turning this game into a friggin train wreck. Good riddance!
Ensign
# 448
08-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Against my better reasoning, I removed the game and am now attempting to reinstall it. If I still get no results from this I'm giving up, and removing all traces of this game and company from my PC and try again in a year... I've NEVER had this much issue with a game before!
Career Officer
# 449
08-29-2012, 11:40 PM
game re-installs do not work , alas.
changing the launcher exe star trek online.exe, does not work
fiddling with various browser settings does not work
we did get a response from branflakes earlier, but nothing recent
we have a server reboot today maybe that will work?

amendment: I just checked an email and I had an initial diagnostic response in a very quick time scale
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet

Last edited by speedofheat; 08-29-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 450
08-30-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
game re-installs do not work , alas.
changing the launcher exe star trek online.exe, does not work
fiddling with various browser settings does not work
we did get a response from branflakes earlier, but nothing recent
we have a server reboot today maybe that will work?

amendment: I just checked an email and I had an initial diagnostic response in a very quick time scale
re-installs and swapping out .exe do work I have done both on at two different occasions when this has happen the .exe this past time worked for me as mine had a date of May 11th, 2012 and the latest one I put on was August 27th, 2012. So the fact is that the launcher was updated recently with the .exe but it seems that not everyone is getting that update when the launcher tries, also once before I just waited for the next patch and that seemed to work as well, but who knows the only person that seems to respond to anything lately is Branflakes and that is pathetic since he really isn't apart of the STO team he is just a meesage man between cryptic and PWE.