Starfleet Veteran
# 261 The Current Post
08-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey folks,

I have placed a link to this posting in the old post. I have also requested the community manger close the old "Archived Post" to prevent people from publishing there. Hopefully they will shut it down soon. This post is also to bump this one above the old one.

So things have slowed down a little bit in the reviews area since the new season was released. I have been using the light review requests to work on my own missions and learning some of the new features in the Foundry. I have been updating my older missions and am developing a new project.

Thanks to all the authors out there who are trying to make the STO environment a richer place to play. Keep up the great work.
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Ensign
# 262 Wreck of the Gort'Cha
08-28-2012, 02:17 AM
I've just published a new mission. This is my first KDF mission to publish. Here's the info:

Wreck of the Gort'Cha

trekkie1994

any level

KDF

Investigate the disappearance of the Klingon freighter Gort'Cha.
Ensign
# 263 Wreck of the Gort'Cha
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Project Name: Wreck of the Gort'Cha

Author: trekkie1994

Project ID: ST-HHBXZ4IAU

Faction: KDF

Player level: any level

Career Officer
# 264
08-28-2012, 10:49 PM
O Evil One, I am pleased to report that remastering of "Ghosts of War, Part II" is now complete.

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part II
Author: NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Method of Report Delivery: Post to this thread

Please note that Part II has been redesigned as a shuttle mission (though truth be told, only the new first map really requires a shuttle, as the ground maps remain the heart of the story).

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 265
08-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandrus View Post

Hey trekkie,

Thanks for the request. Sorry for the late response, work has been keeping me pretty busy lately. You are at the top of the queue. I hope to get to your mission tomorrow night, or Friday at the latest.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 266
08-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
O Evil One, I am pleased to report that remastering of "Ghosts of War, Part II" is now complete.

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part II
Author: NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Method of Report Delivery: Post to this thread

Please note that Part II has been redesigned as a shuttle mission (though truth be told, only the new first map really requires a shuttle, as the ground maps remain the heart of the story).
Hey pax,

Welcome back to the queue and thanks for the request. You are number 2 in the queue behind trekkie. I hope to get started on the queue tomorrow night or Friday at the latest.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Rihannsu
# 267
08-30-2012, 07:14 AM
OOH! I just remembered something... I made a KDF mission on Tribble. it shouldn't be hard to find. There's only about 8 of them on the entire server. Anyways, I called it Sehlat Barbecue.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandrus View Post

Klingon Mission - Wreck of the Gort'Cha
Allegiance: Klingon

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a nice, simple, and short investigation mission with a lot of potential. The map design is good but there needs to be more to the story, perhaps a battle or a more in depth investigation of the incident. Something that draws the player in and keeps them interested. A mission does not have to be long to be interesting, but it does need more of a story if nothing else.

Below are a couple of things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: You need a little more story to draw the player in and make them want to click "Hail". I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "rescue any survivors, Q'Pla" to read "rescue any survivors, Qapla' ".

Mission Task: Consider putting the start location for the first custom map in the initial mission task. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Boreth System I: This is a simple map design with well written story dialogue. The story needs more development. Perhaps a battle or two and some initial dialogue upon entry to the map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The post "Search for the Gort'Cha" dialogue; consider changing "We've debris field straight ahead of our position, sir" to read "Sir, sensors have detected a debris field directly ahead of our current position".

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This is a good start with a lot of potential. I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 269
08-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
OOH! I just remembered something... I made a KDF mission on Tribble. it shouldn't be hard to find. There's only about 8 of them on the entire server. Anyways, I called it Sehlat Barbecue.
Is this a mission that is available on the regular server? I do not have an account on Tribble.

Brian
Rihannsu
# 270
08-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Is this a mission that is available on the regular server? I do not have an account on Tribble.

Brian
Ooohh... 'fraid not. There's a major disconnect between Holodeck and Tribble in that regard. It was a kinda simple mission but I don't have a kdf foundry char on holodeck yet. I might recreate Emani (my tribble KDF foundry char) for this purpose though.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.