Ensign
# 1 tholian recluse PvP
08-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for recluse builds for pvp? Ive been using my defiant for over half a year, and I dont have any experience with carriers so any advice would be useful. I know it depends on what I plan to do with it. Im thinking I will give it to one of my tac officers, and i was thinking along the lines of energy drain and healing, or basically just a support vessel.
Republic Veteran
# 2
08-29-2012, 07:46 AM
If you are going for a support role, it would be better to give it to a science or engineer. Science for debuff and crowd control and engineer for healing. I do not know what the officer and console layout is on that ship but, those should be considered as to what role you should use the ship for. This is just my opinion and I am sure there are much more skilled players that can help you beyond this.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 3
08-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmread View Post
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for recluse builds for pvp? Ive been using my defiant for over half a year, and I dont have any experience with carriers so any advice would be useful. I know it depends on what I plan to do with it. Im thinking I will give it to one of my tac officers, and i was thinking along the lines of energy drain and healing, or basically just a support vessel.
If you post this in the PVP sections you will get more responses most likely
Captain
ENS TAC - TAC. Team
ENS SCI - SCI I
LT CMDR ENG - EptA I, ENG II, EptS III (or use EShD)
LT CMDR UNI - SCI I, Energy syphon II, TSS III
CMDR SCI - PH I, HE II, SCI III, GW III/ FBP III

I rely most on subsystem targeting ability to compensate for lack of tactical abilities.

Run the Omega 2x Set with KHG XII purple for tetryon glider.

Science:
Leech + 3x MK XII Field Generators gives me an insane shield strength somewhere in 24-6k off the top of my head (might be wrong!). All I know is I laughed like a giddy schoolgirl when I first exprienced it.

Engineering:
(because my shield strength is so high (StdSStr. - 7,184) and hull at 43,500, I can afford to focus against specific resistances.)

Ablative Hull Armor, Parametallic Hull Plating, Diburnium Hull Plating, Neutronium Alloy

Tactical:
Borg Uni. Assimilated
MK XII purple Tetryon

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 08-29-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 5
08-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
If you post this in the PVP sections you will get more responses most likely
Most pvpers look at general and Pvp.
pvpers maybe 5% of the forum, and 3% of STO.

He would have gotten WAY more responces in general, BUT they felt the need to move it.