Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 96
# 11
08-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Maybe they had planned it to go higher but forgot to delete the admiral 2.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 12
08-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguestarship View Post
Maybe they had planned it to go higher but forgot to delete the admiral 2.
Think of it as a placeholder.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,916
# 13
08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
At some point they are probably considering raising the level cap. In the mean time, there are diminishing returns on skills once you hit the end of the "green" level in the skill trees, so it's better to save those extra points to spend in the higher ranked skills. There is no way that you will have enough points to fill all of the skill trees to maximum, so you'll need to specialize, spending those points where you find the most benefit for your playing style. If you respec, remember that you won't be able to spend points in higher shills without spending a minimum in lower skills.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,183
# 14
08-21-2012, 06:21 AM
If you are going to respec, find a good skill planner and use it first. STOwiki has an excellent one.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 233
# 15
08-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguestarship View Post
Then why does it say. when you hold your mouse over starfleet vice admiral.

Requirements for next Grade {Vice Admiral 2]
* Gain 13,001 skill points.

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/p...1345276832.jpg

Here's my proof.
That's probably how much we'd have to get in order to get to Vice Admiral 2 once they raise the level cap. They might've put that in there before deciding to cap the level at 50.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
# 16 Free ship and skill points
08-28-2012, 07:05 AM
I too have this same problem. However When I went to get my free ship it didn't give me the option to choose one which has kinder narked me off.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 897
# 17
08-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrowley84 View Post
I too have this same problem. However When I went to get my free ship it didn't give me the option to choose one which has kinder narked me off.

Yea you dont get a free ship at 50. the last free ship is at lvl 40.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
# 18
08-29-2012, 05:13 AM
Whats the reason why though?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,530
# 19
08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrowley84 View Post
Whats the reason why though?
First, keep in mind that the T5 ship you get at level 40 is as tough as the any of the 3 Retrofit ships choices you used to get at level 50. You're not losing any "power," you're simply not getting another ship at level 50. IE, the Sovereign isn't weaker then the Galaxy R.

As for why you not longer get a free Retrofit ship at VA, there are 2 reasons:

1: It was made a Vet Reward token to try and entice people to buy a Gold membership.

2: Cryptic wants players to buy C-Store ships at VA so they can continue to make money and continue to produce the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,151
# 20
08-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
First, keep in mind that the T5 ship you get at level 40 is as tough as the any of the 3 Retrofit ships choices you used to get at level 50. You're not losing any "power," you're simply not getting another ship at level 50. IE, the Sovereign isn't weaker then the Galaxy R.

As for why you not longer get a free Retrofit ship at VA, there are 2 reasons:

1: It was made a Vet Reward token to try and entice people to buy a Gold membership.

2: Cryptic wants players to buy C-Store ships at VA so they can continue to make money and continue to produce the game.
have a few friends love to say hello

* Long Range Science Vessel retrofit; similar in appearance to the U.S.S. Voyager / Intrepid Class; it has Ablative generators (increased armor) though it can only fire torpedoes while that power is active.

* Exploration Cruiser retrofit; similar in appearance to the U.S.S. Enterprise D / Galaxy Class; it can perform the dramatic Saucer Separation which has been seen in movies and on television. This turns you into an escort with a saucer pet that fires phasers on your target.

* Tactical Escort retrofit of the Defiant Class; similar in appearance to the U.S.S. Defiant; it has cloaking capabilities for the utmost in stealth and punishing weaponry.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=170962
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 AM.