Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 11
08-29-2012, 10:59 PM
The devs can't even fix a simple xchange bug there's no way in hell they'll fix the invisa torps, even if they can, because that's how pwe works- zerg + lottery = money!
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
# 12
08-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Sometimes being one shot by borg is canon, have you seen any star trek?
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 267
# 13
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Sometimes being one shot by borg is canon, have you seen any star trek?
lol true that..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,124
# 14
08-30-2012, 05:15 AM
Don't complain about heavy plasma torps being one shots, they are avoidable and destructible.

Do complain about Dontra's torpedo spread hitting you, a normal hit you might survive if you are buffed up and full shields, the critical (which obviously don't happen because the patch notes say so) will kill anything with over 140k in damage.

Do complain about the Neg's isometric charge which can one shot an entire group, not to mention insta-kill the freighters in Blockade.

I'd also complain about gates super beam which can take one full shield facing and bring me to 20% hull in a single shot, then it follows up with something else a second later and you are dead, you can't react to that.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 387
# 15
08-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Don't complain about heavy plasma torps being one shots, they are avoidable and destructible.

Do complain about Dontra's torpedo spread hitting you, a normal hit you might survive if you are buffed up and full shields, the critical (which obviously don't happen because the patch notes say so) will kill anything with over 140k in damage.

Do complain about the Neg's isometric charge which can one shot an entire group, not to mention insta-kill the freighters in Blockade.

I'd also complain about gates super beam which can take one full shield facing and bring me to 20% hull in a single shot, then it follows up with something else a second later and you are dead, you can't react to that.
We aren't complaing about heavies- its the normal unbuffed ones doin well and away 100k b4 resists that are worth complaining about. No buff can save you. No maneuvre. No weapon. Its the wrath of gozer! Mwhahahaha!
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
# 16
08-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Sometimes being one shot by borg is canon, have you seen any star trek?
This x 1000

The borg can wipe out entire fleets with a single cube. Cryptic is trying to recreate this without it being entirely impossible to stop them.

Just be thankful they never added re-modulation to space fighting against the borg, which would be canon as well.

Besides, think about this for a moment. 95k for a heavy 2 plasma torpedo.

Striking a ship with an average of 30% hull kinetic resist (If you're smart to add resistance consoles for stfs). Plus shields reducing the effectiveness of kinetic attacks instantly significantly lowers the overall damage that torpedo can do. If they lowered it too much, it wouldn't be a high end threat, it would be a tickle that escorts would laugh off and nobody would think twice about taking the hit.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,247
# 17
08-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
This x 1000

The borg can wipe out entire fleets with a single cube. Cryptic is trying to recreate this without it being entirely impossible to stop them.

Just be thankful they never added re-modulation to space fighting against the borg, which would be canon as well.

Besides, think about this for a moment. 95k for a heavy 2 plasma torpedo.

Striking a ship with an average of 30% hull kinetic resist (If you're smart to add resistance consoles for stfs). Plus shields reducing the effectiveness of kinetic attacks instantly significantly lowers the overall damage that torpedo can do. If they lowered it too much, it wouldn't be a high end threat, it would be a tickle that escorts would laugh off and nobody would think twice about taking the hit.
Actually... I am in favor of giving the borg more teeth...; but not necessarily one-shot kills... although i don't mind them... they need to have more sustained damage rather than spike damage in their general weaponry... shielding needs buffed, as does the hull.

I also think bringing back some of the old style STF elements (maybe at the Elite Level), such Sphere guardians with every probe spawn at Khito... etc...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 18
08-30-2012, 09:41 AM
It isn't as bad as it used to be. Once in a while in an STF I might get one shot killed. It isn't nearly as often as it used to be however.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 194
# 19
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
This x 1000

The borg can wipe out entire fleets with a single cube. Cryptic is trying to recreate this without it being entirely impossible to stop them.
The Borg aren't even able to shoot down one Delta Flyer and get defeated by one little ship that is thousands of light-years away from home with no supply or support.

Your turn.


But I have to say: As a tank with decent equip, I never get one shotted (apart from the charged of the Negh'Var and heavy plasma torpedos that I overlooked that is). The problem is, that there are hardly any tanks around. When I play my other toon (Klingon tac in a BoP) I get shot down all the time, because I nearly always get the aggro.

Last edited by gerudon; 08-30-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,507
# 20
08-31-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm still getting one hit crits in all three STFs and it doesn't matter if i'm in an Armitage, Atrox, Oddyessy, or an MVAM. One Shot and BAM, I'm dead.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM.