Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
There's a lot of work, not just adding stuff, but season 6's probably pushed if not broken the limits of what his format can handle, so there's a good chance he's got to take things apart from the bottom again. Considering some of his past big updates took several days for only two or three ships, I suspect season 6 would take a few weeks at least.
Empire Veteran
# 52
08-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
I wouldn't want to sound worried, but hasn't SpiderMitch succumbed to the load of all the new ships?

I sure hope not...
While I wouldn't say succumbed (he'd have at least told us if this was too much for him to handle), his silence is fairly obviously him thinking/working on how to add all these new ships. His works cut out for him either way.

And while I hate to add onto that pile, they're releasing a new Assault Cruiser ship, as stated in this blog: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=633171 (there's no stats yet though).

And if you need the stats of the fleet ships, they're here on STOwiki: http://www.stowiki.org/Federation_playable_starship
http://www.stowiki.org/Klingon_playable_starship
You can tell which ships you've already have posted, and which are the fleet ships, by the cost part on the far right.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 08-07-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Captain
# 53
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Updating those charts is basically the torment of Tantalus. When (and if) you ever make them up-to-date, new ships will still get added, stats on older ones changed...

Anyway, if you haven't succumbed (under which I meant "turned crazy", so unable to post here) yet, SpiderMitch, take all the time you want or need. Say if you need help.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 54
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
And while I hate to add onto that pile, they're releasing a new Assault Cruiser ship, as stated in this blog: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=633171 (there's no stats yet though).
I'd like to hear how it performs first. I doubt very much if it will actually be outperforming the Odyssey (the backlash from that, you can take to the bank), but if it was possible to use it to skin the Odyssey I'd buy one.

I do wonder about the Regent-only console that will undoubtedly be included.
Empire Veteran
# 55
08-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
I'd like to hear how it performs first. I doubt very much if it will actually be outperforming the Odyssey (the backlash from that, you can take to the bank), but if it was possible to use it to skin the Odyssey I'd buy one.

I do wonder about the Regent-only console that will undoubtedly be included.
Well considering it's based off the Assault Cruiser, it probably won't be too notch like the Odyssey. As for stats, it's a cruiser, so it's easily gonna be slow turning, but good at tanking. Plus 4/4 weapon setup.

The rest will depend on consoles slots and Boff seats. And no clue about unique console, though I'm thinking it could a Picard Manuever type... but we'll see.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
08-08-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm suspecting it'll have the boff setup of the Fleet sovereign we saw on Tribble, but probably 9 console slots and standard hull/shields, with the Fleet Sovereign returning for the +1 version.
Empire Veteran
# 57
08-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Okay, they've released the blog with stats for the Regent class: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=639671

Basically, same as the Assault Cruiser (it is a refit), except for Boff stations and bonus stats. Plus the console and the wide-angle Torpedo (the latter limited to one per ship).
Lieutenant
# 58
08-16-2012, 07:27 PM
suggestion to spidermitch: separate all final tier ships so that they have their own chart. then the small craft. then special ships-cannot be currently obtained, and lockbox ships. finally all the leveling ships, and different costumes. for both factions. so as to keep the charts small and usable.

just a suggestion, i dont know how much work is going into it, and if its actually a good idea. just for an end user it would be handy separated like this
Captain
# 59
08-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, the shuttles and "special" ships have already been separated.

And I find it most likely SpiderMitch will create new charts for fleet versions.

Looking forward to any update.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 60
08-30-2012, 11:23 AM

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of communication; it's been a rough few months. I finally have a few minutes to come on here and post something.

Recently things in real life have taken me away from doing updates on my ship charts. When Season 6 came out, I felt as though I was at a good point with these charts, and went into adding all the new ships (and even creating a new VA/Fleet chart - which I was going to surprise everyone with). As stated, however, things happened in RL which caused the production to halt a bit. No biggie, really. What's a month or so off from STO?

Apparently, a lot! So there's all these Tholian ships now, mirror universe ships, a new +1 Sovereign, plus all the fleet ships, a new currency for fleet ships, the changeover to Xen & price changes for each ship, removal of ship skins: Maelstrom, Nomad, Imperial, Hephaestus, Comet, Nimbus from non-fleet tiers - UNLESS you already purchased them at one point (if I've understood all the forum info correctly) & the price changes when you want to buy the fleet version if you've already purchased them at some point? very difficult to put up on a chart all these contingencies.

I've always tried not to get overwhelmed by this project, yet I find it takes many, many hours. Ironically enough, these hours are taken away from playing the game. I know like 3 people in-game. I've joined fleets and barely feel like apart of them because I'm never in & I feel like I'm missing out on a large portion of the game? especially now with the fleet advancement stuff. I've not had time to get my characters cool gear - let alone grind any amount of dilithium to buy anything worth-while. A few people have gifted me a few things which I cherish and enjoy every time I play - one person gave me an entire Aegis Set! Another actually gave me C-store points to buy an Excelsior! And further still, a few people have given me C-store gifts and donated dilithium through the foundry donation mission I created. For these contributions & donations, I can't express my gratitude. The kindness of the community always shocks me into awe.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making these charts & contributing to the passion of this community. It's what's tied me to this game (in an unofficial capacity) and I've always looked at this project as a "labor of love." But moving forward, I don't think I can give the attention needed to continue making this resource - at least not in the capacity that everyone using it deserves. I used to keep track of the dev blogs and listen to podcasts, anticipating new ships as they came out (often showing on the shipcharts with "placeholders"). I was usually on tribble with the test ships AS SOON as they were available; those that weren't on Tribble, I'd beg others for screenshots of the latest and greatest ship. With time constraints on me and working two jobs just to make ends meet, I really don't think I can continue, no matter how much I wish I could. If it was a paid gig, then yeah! bring it on! but, as I said, it's always been a "labor of love" and sometimes, love just isn't enough. *sad panda*

Don't want to leave on a sad note though... I again want to thank everyone who's supported this project and gave me encouragement. Working on something like this for the better part of 2 years is a commitment I have enjoyed and held proudly. It's our love of Star Trek & it's ideals that unites us all - as a community and through our humanity, and I've learned so much through doing this for everyone.

Thanks & I'll see you all in the stars...