Ensign
# 2191
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Hello, i downloaded this mac version, followed the directions exactly, but I can't login. i tried to enter my username and password, but it told me that i used an invalid combination... I dont get that. I didn't typo anything, so i'm VERY confused.

I run a mac with 10.6.8, 4gigs of ram.
Career Officer
# 2192
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizarithefox View Post
Hello, i downloaded this mac version, followed the directions exactly, but I can't login. i tried to enter my username and password, but it told me that i used an invalid combination... I dont get that. I didn't typo anything, so i'm VERY confused.

I run a mac with 10.6.8, 4gigs of ram.
You have to be typing something wrong... make sure you have it on the right account type as well, but there is nothing different at all about the log in.. its the same exact code that is running on Windows for log in... the whole game is. If it couldn't connect to the servers... maybe it could be a problem, but if it actually says your info is wrong, its nothing to do with the wrapper.
Ensign
# 2193
08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
well, during the install, i got an error message:

"Unable to register with games explorer"

if anyone has a way to fi THAT, that could be the proble,
Career Officer
# 2194
08-28-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizarithefox View Post
well, during the install, i got an error message:

"Unable to register with games explorer"

if anyone has a way to fi THAT, that could be the proble,
You can actually trash almost everything it installed... just keep the Star Trek Online.exe file and it should still be able to run the login/patcher and download everything needed to play.
Career Officer
# 2195
08-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Ok ... I finally got a fix for Wineskin fullscreen toggle crash in 10.8 which had made multitasking annoying... I'll try to put together a new version of this soon... going to do some testing tonight, but need to play with some different Wine versions and patches.
Ensign
# 2196
08-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Has anyone gotten a version mismatch pop up? I did the patch that prompted me, slightly confused here.
Career Officer
# 2197
08-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isayyo View Post
Has anyone gotten a version mismatch pop up? I did the patch that prompted me, slightly confused here.
nothing I've seen... maybe do a file check with the log in options so it tests everything? Could be a corrupt file.
Lieutenant
# 2198
08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
i had that once after i had patched tribble, all i did was exit game, and in the launcher it patched something else and all was good.
Ensign
# 2199
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Is this still going? Like, if I download the file from the first post... will I be able to do this still?
I'm looking to download Champions Online (I have a mac), and I have a friend who wants to do it, as well.

However, when I did it last night, I might've messed up because it kept having me use the setup.exe when I would click STO.app ... I'm gonna try again tonight.

If there's an easier way to get Champions Online for mac, can someone do like, a "for dummies" guide? It'd be super helpful to me, and anyone else who wants it.
Career Officer
# 2200
09-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohwaypoint View Post
Is this still going? Like, if I download the file from the first post... will I be able to do this still?
I'm looking to download Champions Online (I have a mac), and I have a friend who wants to do it, as well.

However, when I did it last night, I might've messed up because it kept having me use the setup.exe when I would click STO.app ... I'm gonna try again tonight.

If there's an easier way to get Champions Online for mac, can someone do like, a "for dummies" guide? It'd be super helpful to me, and anyone else who wants it.
it'll work for Champions too.. just get champions installer instead of STO like it says in the directions... it can actually run either one, I have tried it before.
Closed Thread