Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
08-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
I have been going back and forth with their support guy on a ticket. He says I didn't buy the thing, but also doesn't have the ability to go back in the logs to see if it was in fact purcahsed when it originally came out.

IIRC, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when that retrofit defiant with the cloak came out, there was no other way to get the defiant with the cloak other than purchasing through the C-Store, am I correct? There was a retrofit defiant, but not one with the cloak, and the c-store had 3 tac slots, not two.

Please tell me I'm wrong here.
I did all of the above i even provided proof of the purchase and i got hit with the same thing you bought it with a token erm no it has the cloak and i have my credit card recipts, so long story short there answer is "we have no proof on our system you purchased it" so my bank who ive been with for 15 years is lying.... gimme a break also has any one lost toons since pwe took over im sure im short toons....
Lieutenant
# 22
08-31-2012, 01:13 AM
You're mistaken about a couple of things. The VA reward one came with the cloak as well. My main is a ta and I got the Defiant Retrofit when she hit 50 with the reward token, and have always had the cloaking device. If you're basing that you must have bought it because you've got the cloaking device, then you're probably mistaken that you actually bought it.

Another thing is, you said that you paid 1200 cryptic points for it, but the Retrofits were 1600. There is however, the Defiant Refit that cost 1200 cryptic points, which has 2 tactical officer slots and doesn't come with a cloak. If I had to guess, you're confusing having got the Defiant Retrofit from the old VA reward token, with having later bought the Defiant Refit.
Career Officer
# 23
09-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustychat View Post
You're mistaken about a couple of things. The VA reward one came with the cloak as well. My main is a ta and I got the Defiant Retrofit when she hit 50 with the reward token, and have always had the cloaking device. If you're basing that you must have bought it because you've got the cloaking device, then you're probably mistaken that you actually bought it.

Another thing is, you said that you paid 1200 cryptic points for it, but the Retrofits were 1600. There is however, the Defiant Refit that cost 1200 cryptic points, which has 2 tactical officer slots and doesn't come with a cloak. If I had to guess, you're confusing having got the Defiant Retrofit from the old VA reward token, with having later bought the Defiant Refit.

Cryptic raised the price to 1600 CP when it released F2P, but they were 1200 CP before that.
Ensign
# 24
09-04-2012, 12:22 PM
I (and some of my friends) have bought several ships when they came to c-store a long time ago (for exampe defiant with cloak, intrepid with ablative armor). Then cryptic changes publisher to PWE, and c-store told me, i have to buy them again.
Contacted support (cryptic and pwe) and they told me, no payment info info on file.
Doesn?t matter i have all of these ships in active use with several chars.
Because the payment-databank shows no record, they will not change it for me.

I learned two things about thix:

1. Grab everything as soon as possible with every char you want it to have.
2. Cryptic/PWE is incapable of adding 2 and 2.

If you need help from the support, you?re lost. Even IF you get an answer after weeks of wating.

So i am only purchasing things from c-store with converted dilithium, but will never spend again real money. Sorry cryptic. Your fault.
Captain
# 25
09-04-2012, 01:16 PM
The only way anyone can "prove" to anyone here that they purchased a Galaxy R, Defiant R, or Intrepid R is if they have a character which has 2 of them in their shipyard inventory. So if you have a character with a Galaxy R and Defiant R, or Galaxy R and Intrepid R, or Defiant R and Intrepid R in your shipyard post us a pic - and then send that pic to Cryptic as proof as well.

Otherwise the odds are just really good that you used your VA token to get one of them for free prior to FTP. VA tokens stopped being used back on January 17th but for nearly 2 years prior to that they were used by every character making it to VA. It's a very simple thing to forget about something you did a year or more ago.
Career Officer
# 26
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The only way anyone can "prove" to anyone here that they purchased a Galaxy R, Defiant R, or Intrepid R is if they have a character which has 2 of them in their shipyard inventory. So if you have a character with a Galaxy R and Defiant R, or Galaxy R and Intrepid R, or Defiant R and Intrepid R in your shipyard post us a pic - and then send that pic to Cryptic as proof as well.

Otherwise the odds are just really good that you used your VA token to get one of them for free prior to FTP. VA tokens stopped being used back on January 17th but for nearly 2 years prior to that they were used by every character making it to VA. It's a very simple thing to forget about something you did a year or more ago.

Good idea. I will use one of my alts to hold all my c-store ships just in case something like this happens to me.

My issue with the C-Store at the moment is that my "Ship Costumes" are gone and not available anymore. Haven't checked my emotes that some people are missing.
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Captain
# 27
09-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Your Ship Skins are still available. Simply go into the Ship Tailor, click on Advanced, and you can use/activate them piece-by-piece. They have never been available on the left hand side of the screen with the original 3. The C-Store skins always needed to be activated piece-by-piece.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 09-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Lieutenant
# 28
09-05-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Cryptic raised the price to 1600 CP when it released F2P, but they were 1200 CP before that.
Ahh, right you are. Still, everything else about the cloakless Defiant fits the Refit/original. The Retrofit has always had the cloak and 3 tac slots, regardless of how you got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

Unfortunately, that's not really proof either. You could have all three on three separate characters without paying Cryptic a dime, if you were willing to spend all that time grinding the Emblems required to earn another VA ship. Though I'd expect people would remember all that time they spent playing, they might have forgotten why, or what they spent it on.