Career Officer
# 11
08-06-2012, 11:18 AM
What boggles me is why Fleet Actions such as Starbase Incursion, Colon Invasion and Fleet Defense, etc. aren't level-gated like the way SB-24 is? It' common frakking sense....
Commander
# 12
08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
What boggles me is why Fleet Actions such as Starbase Incursion, Colon Invasion and Fleet Defense, etc. aren't level-gated like the way SB-24 is? It' common frakking sense....
At least on SB Incursion I feel that my Lv 25 Tac does as much if not more than my Lv 50 Eng.
Weapons are scaled and do as much as Mk XII gear.

Ships? Yea you're right.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Voyager completely ruined the borg.
In the begin they where this force of nature, 10s of thousands of years old collective and what not. then they introduced the borg queen because the writers thought movie goers are to stupid to graps the concept of a enemy without a head figure. And then came voyager and trivialized them to the point of absurdity, changing their backstory, even how old the collective is, 500 years or so ...

If you give us borg, give us the real thing, not those outcast joke borg voyager encountered.
STO has continued neutering the Borg from Voyager. In TNG the Borg were awesome, and damn frightening because you didn't know if you'd actually be able to overcome or defeat them. Every encounter with them was basically snatching victory from the jaws of death by the seat of your pants pulling something out of your butt at the last minute. Now the Borg are pathetic as an enemy group in STO. They are laughably easy in most encounters, I mean now one science ship with phasers and photons can take out a cube when in TNG one cube would turn entire fleets into burning scrap, that's hilarious. Even the Undine seem weak in this game for supposedly being this superior race. The only villain groups in STO worth their salt are the Jem Hadar and the Breen and there is little content with them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
08-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Colon invasion????

now thats a mission im avoiding
Rihannsu
# 15
08-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
STO has continued neutering the Borg from Voyager. In TNG the Borg were awesome, and damn frightening because you didn't know if you'd actually be able to overcome or defeat them. Every encounter with them was basically snatching victory from the jaws of death by the seat of your pants pulling something out of your butt at the last minute. Now the Borg are pathetic as an enemy group in STO. They are laughably easy in most encounters, I mean now one science ship with phasers and photons can take out a cube when in TNG one cube would turn entire fleets into burning scrap, that's hilarious. Even the Undine seem weak in this game for supposedly being this superior race. The only villain groups in STO worth their salt are the Jem Hadar and the Breen and there is little content with them.
The problem with an enemy like that is that it gets old after a while. You can't just keep finding new ways to beat a nearly invincible foe. And truthfully you would end up finding a way to beat them at least semi-reliably eventually. Such as ship weapons that autoremodulate.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
The original topic seems to have gotten "lost" somehow....

Nobody in this thread so far has flat out confirmed the OP's BORG sighting in the Starbase Incursion Event. Can anyone else do so?

I ask because my Toons are VA's, and I ahve played this particular event a BILLION times (okay may a couple hundred). I have yet to see BORG.
Captain
# 17
08-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes, Borg do appear, but I've only seen Borg when the whole team is VAs with tier 2 star bases. You know its Borg if the right box in the spawn area has frequency remodulators.
Commander
# 18
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
The Borg can't adapt to fleet weapons....
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Captain
# 19
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Borg in Starbase Incursion? Wow, reminds me of those drones sneaking through the Enterprise-E assimilating people. Creepy.

Do they surrender?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
08-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Yes they surrender (and run away and have a voice saying "starfleet know your here")