Career Officer
# 471
08-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I by no means have my hopes up but the launcher has worked for me today, I still expect it to break again, however to those of you following along, support sent me a disturbing email this is it:

Please accept my sincerest apologies, however we will no longer be able to directly assist in this matter. I would suggest submitting a bug report if you haven't already to our QA department for review. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

So I guess that means screw off, we dont care to help you any longer, wow!
Ensign
# 472
08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey guys.

It seems we'll getting a bit frustrated, understandably.

I thought I'd mention that I got a slightly different response from the PW forums.

I posted the reply in the thread titled "Patchclient in a state with no response function " in these tech forums. (Don't know how to post links sorry)

It's a responce specifically for people who have cogentco ISP in their tracerts. It might be applicable for some of you.
Ensign
# 473
08-30-2012, 10:50 PM
How do you check the tracert that they want?
Ensign
# 474
08-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Same problem here. I've contacted support and got 4 e-mails yet I'm unable to log in. Had this very same problem in May and was unable to log on for 3+ weeks. At this point it's obvious imo that it's not a PC or ISP problem but at cryptic's server... guess it's time to look for another game to play and give my money to.
Ensign
# 475
08-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloguy View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~TrailTurtle
See guys, they are watching this thread intently.
Lieutenant
# 476
08-30-2012, 11:45 PM
what was so bad about my previous post????

i was just trying to help others with the email i got from pwe???

this is one of the very few pc games i play ,...

darn ...

edit.. i can understand where i went wrong put pwe or Q or who ever is running the show
please find a solution,

Looking for my ship but feel like im trapped in some alternate reality

milo
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88893130000&dateline=  1345969906

Last edited by miloguy; 08-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 477
08-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogdog666 View Post
Hey guys.

It seems we'll getting a bit frustrated, understandably.

I thought I'd mention that I got a slightly different response from the PW forums.

I posted the reply in the thread titled "Patchclient in a state with no response function " in these tech forums. (Don't know how to post links sorry)

It's a responce specifically for people who have cogentco ISP in their tracerts. It might be applicable for some of you.
select text in the address bar; copy and paste into a response ... many thanks
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Ensign
# 478
08-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Here's how to do the tracert. If you see any of the hops containing any cogentco servers, thats likely what is causing your problems.

From the tech support website:

For Windows, hit the start button
Where it says Search All Files and Programs, type CMD and press ENTER
The first result should be cmd.exe
Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator
A black, command-prompt window should appear
From here type the following command:
tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

I'll post what I got from PW tech forums here as well, seeing as most people are only following this thread.

Reply as follows:

Yep, this is a known issue with the ISP for the servers, Cogentco. For some players, it doesn't seem to like their IP addresses and their ping, connection drops a lot.

Our engineers and other departments are working on a solution and hopefully something gets fixed like routing those players to a different ISP for the game servers, like to Internap instead of Cogentco.

You can send in a ticket to customer support with your traceroute and nettest info. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

They are putting a list together and giving the ones reporting the issue to the engineers everyday.

Last edited by sogdog666; 08-31-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Ensign
# 479
08-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Yeah, when I tried the tracert it just popped up "timed out" over and over, it does that for every website I could think of to type in though. I assume that has something to do with my ISP.
Ensign
# 480
08-31-2012, 02:39 AM
My tracert shows internap already but to no avail (...) soo thats i guess 2nd lvl approach to gain some more time or might affect indeed only a few.

If tracert does not work for you it is likely that your modem does not support ICMP packets for in/ outbound. Call you ISP ask for a modem that supports ICMP / tracert command (maybe its in general a good idea to check up with your ISP @folks, I am doing the same atm. just in case).

Small chance that ISP does not support tracert all together for weird security reasons not clearly specified in T&Cs (e.g. attacks from outer space), in that case either try change the ISP, get a better offer, check around.

For people who are stuck with their ISP like me or anybody else with this issue and a working tracert; where STO was clearly working before or intermittent "unable to log in patch issue" I can only recommend to to join in this threat, experience shows unless a couple of thousand people have this issue the priority on this matter will be somewhere between 0 and -10.
9000+ views vs 400+ replies so far.

Make it so