Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STF Option reward needs rework
08-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I enjoy team play and am just like everyone else about the optional, "work as a team and work hard to get it." But the team spirit ends when you see only three awards for five players. If the team worked together to get the optional then everyone should walk away with a bonus. Of course, the rare salvage should be a random award to one player, but the other players should get a rare item and one additional chip. No players should get more than one optional award item. Borg Salvage to one and others get rare item and additional chip. If you want team play then reward team play.
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-31-2012, 06:47 PM
I cannot believe you even made this post!

STFs are so easy! Get a good group, you can hammer all 3 in 30 minutes.

The optional is a joke, if you don't get it everytime, get a better team. Add team/need/greed/pass rules going in = profit.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Commander
# 3
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
I cannot believe you even made this post!

STFs are so easy! Get a good group, you can hammer all 3 in 30 minutes.

The optional is a joke, if you don't get it everytime, get a better team. Add team/need/greed/pass rules going in = profit.
wow. just wow. such. a. troll.
its hilarious! you have never seen a rainbow boat in your LIFE, or you would recognize 90% of your post as trolling. the good team=all 3 in 30 mins is true, but good teams are so few and far between these days its sad...
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 4
09-01-2012, 05:06 AM
30? Hm. Ground or space? or did you stop just after the optional?

Start to killing the boss? The best I've done all three ground elites consecutively was near 45min total, iirc.

Edit: (optional included all three times of course.)

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 09-01-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Captain
# 5
09-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
If the team worked together to get the optional then everyone should walk away with a bonus.
Yeah.. he isnt complaining about the difficulty, rather that when you DO get an optional its on the Need/Greed system,

e.g. you could have been the main person in getting the optional done, but not get any extra for it because someone else has 'Needed' and got lucky

I dunno where i stand on this though

I have gotten very lucky in the past and got all 5 loots on an elite, felt rather guilty about it too ^^' But if they did something where everyone got at least SOMETHING for the optional it would be nice
Starfleet Veteran
# 6 Reading is fundamental
09-01-2012, 07:25 AM
BLUF: Reward the whole team for working as a team, not just part of the team.
Commander
# 7
09-01-2012, 07:56 AM
if 3x junk or 6x junk who cares never have seen somethink usefull in optional reward so still put into replicator get ~20k ec is the reward.

you really will talk about some EC?

and all 3 space mission do in 30 min is no prob good teams do ea mission ~7min so a total of 22 min possible.
Commander
# 8
09-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
if 3x junk or 6x junk who cares never have seen somethink usefull in optional reward so still put into replicator get ~20k ec is the reward.

you really will talk about some EC?

and all 3 space mission do in 30 min is no prob good teams do ea mission ~7min so a total of 22 min possible.
precisely the op's point. optional reward= sh*t that only 3/5 people will get. make the optional reward decent, and give it to EVERYBODY.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 9
09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
The whole team really should get the optional loot. I don't understand why it's not already like that.

I usually end up guarding the Kang when I run Cure Space (either voluntarily or because everyone else flies off to kill the launch bays). But I think I've only gotten the optional loot once.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 10
09-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Optional loot... instead of dropping anything give a +% buff to getting Tech or PBS in your mission drop.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....