Lt. Commander
# 1 My Immersion
08-31-2012, 07:56 PM
So I was looking around Quark's Bar in DS9 and couldn't help, but be bothered by the dart board. It's upside-down! Could someone right it up? I mean anyone who plays darts knows that the 20 should be at top.

edit: Those dart boards are held up by an off-center screw, which allows them to be right-side up. This is completely impossible because of the simulated gravity on DS9.

Last edited by cakeballs; 08-31-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Captain
# 2
08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, since you're the first person to mention that in 2.5 years I don't think it's going to be a top priority fix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Well, since you're the first person to mention that in 2.5 years I don't think it's going to be a top priority fix.
That's because you haven't been in the game design field before. Everything needs to be perfect. It isn't hard to fix, just rotate the texture! Surely they could stop making FED costumes just once and fix all the broken textures in this game.

Edit: Morn should have a container full of "liquid". It isn't right to have him sitting there holding an empty container. This isn't how it worked in DS9.

Also, where's quark?

Last edited by cakeballs; 08-31-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Captain
# 4
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeballs View Post
That's because you haven't been in the game design field before. Everything needs to be perfect. It isn't hard to fix, just rotate the texture! Surely they could stop making FED costumes just once and fix all the broken textures in this game.
Actually that would be Tacoface's job, as he's the Environmental Artist. It has nothing to do with the people who make costumes - an entirely different artist division on the team; just as ship skins are a different artist team as well.
Ensign
# 5
08-31-2012, 08:02 PM
This needs to be fixed. How can I erotic role play with female toons (played by men) with this immersion breaking tragedy. Every time I look deep into a cat person's pixel eyes i see past to the 20 on the bottom of the wheel.

CRYPTIC YOU MUST FIX THIS. I can't role play with this, it's RUINING MY IMMERSION.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzit View Post
This needs to be fixed. How can I erotic role play with female toons (played by men) with this immersion breaking tragedy. Every time I look deep into a cat person's pixel eyes i see past to the 20 on the bottom of the wheel.

CRYPTIC YOU MUST FIX THIS. I can't role play with this, it's RUINING MY IMMERSION.
Hey man this is a serious issue! Especially if you're standing next to Morn and he is drinking NOTHING! This is a serious problem. It's not hard to add a single cylinder to morn's cup to make it look like he's drinking something!
Career Officer
# 7
08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
You haven't known Cryptic very long. Perfection is a complete non-issue for them. Hence ships decloak when Boffs sneeze, and it took them over two years to change the name of an NPC on Starbase Sierra, to something other than the name of another NPC it was standing right next to. Which really should've been the quickest fix of all.

Just saying...
Reave
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Also when I stand on top of that illuminated sign, the whole room glitches out. Can someone fix this? It's just like Defera Space being all black.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
You haven't known Cryptic very long. Perfection is a complete non-issue for them. Hence ships decloak when Boffs sneeze, and it took them over two years to change the name of an NPC on Starbase Sierra, to something other than the name of another NPC it was standing right next to. Which really should've been the quickest fix of all.

Just saying...
Everyone knows Andorians are bigots, I don't care what your opinion is of Cryptic. I hold them in high regards. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Ensign
# 10
08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't care what lockbox ships you're planning next, cryptic, this needs to be top priority. Who cares if most of your devs can't model, put them on this anyways!

I've spent at least 200 on lockbox keys AND i'm a LIFETIME SUBSCRIBER. I obviously deserve this!