Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 31
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
I see a lot of federation players whining about the KDF leech console.

Have they noticed the MACO shields also give their ships power?

Plasmonic leech is +1 per weapon per activation
MACO shield is +2 per activation.

Both have the same timer duration.

The difference? KDF gets the power bonus by shooting, feds by getting shot AT.

...and the fact that the federation gets the STF MACO shield for FREE while KDF has to BUY a ship to get it.

The leech cannot be given to the federation unless the maco shield or a similar shield is given to the KDF. Otherwise one side would have the ability to double-stack power bonuses.

Can you imagine how overpowered a federation ship would be with +40 power gain by using both of these? Ridiculous.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 32
08-31-2012, 09:07 PM
You don't see Protoss buildings spawning Zerglings. Factions and their respective tech/abilities must remain distinct or factions become obsolete and the gameplay closer to Farmville pointless. But of course Feds will receive Plasmonic Leech as Dan Stahl hates Klingons.
All cloaks should be canon.
Commander
# 33
08-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Simple for the next console box have it give feds leach and klingons maco shields. Then let the power level trolling ensue.

Actual real solution make the leach give the exact same stack to fed as the maco, that way it will only stack to +10 if they have both.
Lieutenant
# 34
08-31-2012, 10:13 PM
this might anger people but i spend a good amount of money here and i would jump at the chance to spend many dollard just to get a Plasmonic leech console for Federation
Captain
# 35
08-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
Actual real solution make the leach give the exact same stack to fed as the maco, that way it will only stack to +10 if they have both.
No because then you'd have to make the MACO cost zen.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 36
09-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

but I feel that my fed chars get the most shiny stuff while my kdf ones get the junk.

Edit: I think we need to make a list of consoles the KDF really doesn't need
I have to agree with some of you feelings ^^

It would be a lot more acceptable if the KDF got a fair trade off with the Feds when it comes to cross consoles, or something that actually makes sense as a trade.

E.g. Theta radiation cloud could have been paired with Metreon cloud. (unfortunately theta is paired already)(and metreon is to me seems more fed explained lower down)

Or something that's an equal trade of "Over powered-ness" e.g. the consoles that each side complain are OP and need nerfing. example, aeceton assimilator being traded for AMS

I do think however a point has to be made about things that MUST REMAIN faction dependent, something that in the world of star trek we wouldnt/shouldnt see a faction using, (a silly example being if there was ever a thalaron console, this would never be used by the federation), Frankly in case and point of plasmonic leech the very notion of the console sounds like something a 'villan'/'anti hero' character would use, the Federation are supposed to be good little students, while the KDF throws some rules of conduct in the bin ^^.

Like ionised gas sensor, that i would class as Federation specific, the KDF wouldnt mess around with such trival things.. and ablative armor that seems more fed, (something of a similarity could be introduced for KDF though :p) And metreon cloud, that was labeled the riker maneuver, they are more federation tactics ^^

Plus you have to think about ship specific consoles, again with ablative, its only for the intrepid refit, for KDF that would take a unique console and make it free for all.

A few examples of what i think are acceptable to be on both factions go like:
Barrier generator
enhanced plasma manifold
subspace jumper (but some kind of limitation put on it) like the bigger the ship a chance to fail introduced
Ablative hull (maybe a KDF rename)

Somethings like Impulse Capacitance Cell are silly to give the the KDF, i would never see a kdf ship turn tail and run like that.
As for point defence i've never seen the appeal for either factions, so meh to that :p
Empire Veteran
# 37
09-01-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm not a big fan of the whole cross faction console availability, but it's here to stay so I have to live with it. One way to make the "loss" of faction consoles more bearable is to reduce their effectiveness on non-original faction ships. So the leech console would either not proc as much, wouldn't drain as much or buff power as much. Maybe give cross faction consoles a straight .75 modifier on effects, or something. So yeah, Feddies might get our consoles but we'll still be best at using them, which makes more sense anyway.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Captain
# 38
09-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
I'm not a big fan of the whole cross faction console availability, but it's here to stay so I have to live with it. One way to make the "loss" of faction consoles more bearable is to reduce their effectiveness on non-original faction ships. So the leech console would either not proc as much, wouldn't drain as much or buff power as much. Maybe give cross faction consoles a straight .75 modifier on effects, or something. So yeah, Feddies might get our consoles but we'll still be best at using them, which makes more sense anyway.
I kinda like that idea :p, that would make the cross faction a consolation for players who are in a faction but want a console from the other, but without having thier cake and eating it, we all cant be captain janeway after all :p
Empire Veteran
# 39
09-01-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Somethings like Impulse Capacitance Cell are silly to give the the KDF, i would never see a kdf ship turn tail and run like that.
Actually they do, that's what BoPs are made for if you watch DS9. The fact that the KDF uses this console isn't an issue, the problem is that it's an average console you might consider as a device. It's a deterium burn turned into a console, and I'm not sure that all the devs ever think to the fact that if we have to give up on a sci/eng console it has to be worth it. This one is just an improved non-consumable device. Again, a poor console.

For the ablative module, I don't think it would be an unfair trade, it would be a 15s immunity for a permanent +10 or +20 power level bonus. Yes it's a unique fed console but it's also scaled to what the Fed could get in return.

Again, I'm not completely opposed to cross-faction consoles, since I enjoy some of the KDF ones a lot on my fed chars, but I'd like to get something good enough to remove one of my precious regular consoles on my raptor. I know this cross-console stuff isn't that good for the long-term on the game, since it removes some reasons to play the other factions but I'm not sure it's a priority anyway.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-01-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 40
09-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
But of course Feds will receive Plasmonic Leech as Dan Stahl hates Klingons.
Which is why I have no respect for the man, he breaks promises, puts his own personal views into this game as if it's being made for him and is down right corrupt (look at the ask cryptic, he chooses all the questions).

Sorry Dan but, just calling it as I see it. Want to prove me wrong? Start treating the KDF and it's fans, your customers, with more respect and equality. Stop giving the crying Federation players (not all are like that I know) everything they whine about and start producing a game that would make us all proud, with factions that are equal not based on your likes/dislikes and the demands of little fan-boys who are like 5 years ol crying to their mummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Closed Thread