Rihannsu
# 11
08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Set allegiance to Starfleet, then look through the Species options.

I see Andorian, Bajoran, Benzite, Bolian, Caitian, Ferengi, Joined Trill, Klingon, Liberated Borg Human, Pakled, Rigelian, Saurian, Tellarite, Trill, Vulcan, Alien as options for Fed costumes in Foundry.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 12
08-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Set allegiance to Starfleet, then look through the Species options.

I see Andorian, Bajoran, Benzite, Bolian, Caitian, Ferengi, Joined Trill, Klingon, Liberated Borg Human, Pakled, Rigelian, Saurian, Tellarite, Trill, Vulcan, Alien as options for Fed costumes in Foundry.
I see: Human, Andorian, Bajoran, Benzite, Betazoid, Bolian, Ferengi, Pakled, Rigelian, Saurian, Tellarite, Trill, Vulcan, and Alien.

I can't make a Catian, Joined Trill, Klingon, Lib Borg. I didn't buy the species.
Career Officer
# 13
08-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
In fact there is, though you will have to do some of it manually. What you do is create your costume with the uniform the way you want it. Then click the button that says "duplicate costume" above the list of your custom costumes. This will give you an exact duplicate of your costume. Select the new one, and below the main 3D display in the middle of the screen, you'll see three buttons that say "Head" "Upper Body" and "Lower Body." These buttons will randomize those portions of the costume when clicked.

I would recommend sticking to the head randomizer, as the others will change your uniform. You can adjust the height and body attributes of the new costume manually.

However, if you want to change species, you'll have to build the uniform again from scratch.

Ah... That sort of works. Well good enough for jazz anyway. Will need to do several 'common' species I think (Andorians, Vulcans, Humans, etc) and mix it up a bit. Thanks for that!

Tim
Captain
# 14
09-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Okay, I got a dev response on this during the Tribble testing.

As of some patches last December prepping for F2P we lost the ability to make foundry costume races of anything not available for normal character creation on an account. IE: Only if you owned Caitian Captain race options would you be able to make a Caitian, Only Lifetime Subs could make Liberated Borg.

I got a response back from Zero saying that it was unintended. All that nice political stuff in the wording so don't know when we can get it fixed, but, this was a bug that still needs resolving.

I'll see if I can find the exact post to link to this.

Short Version: It's a bug, they know about it, no ETA atm.
Captain
# 15
09-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
Okay, I got a dev response on this during the Tribble testing.

As of some patches last December prepping for F2P we lost the ability to make foundry costume races of anything not available for normal character creation on an account. IE: Only if you owned Caitian Captain race options would you be able to make a Caitian, Only Lifetime Subs could make Liberated Borg.

I got a response back from Zero saying that it was unintended. All that nice political stuff in the wording so don't know when we can get it fixed, but, this was a bug that still needs resolving.

I'll see if I can find the exact post to link to this.

Short Version: It's a bug, they know about it, no ETA atm.
OK, cool. Maybe it'll be fixed in 5 months.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Any chance they'll refund me the zen I spent to get the Caitian playable character so I could have Caitians in my missions? I did make one just to try it but until we can respec our races with old characters not going to use him.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Captain
# 17
09-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicochavez View Post
Any chance they'll refund me the zen I spent to get the Caitian playable character so I could have Caitians in my missions? I did make one just to try it but until we can respec our races with old characters not going to use him.
Just to confirm: You bought the Caitian and now it is available in the costume editor?

There are a few Catian fed officers. You can't customize them, but they are in there under Cryptic costumes.

Probably no chance of a refund.