Commander
Just read issue #12 of Star Trek and on the last page of this issue, something that completely turned me off when I saw Star Trek 2009 (well one of the main things) was what Scotty did to Archer's dog...

Spoiler:
This issue was a Part 2 of The Trouble With Tribbles ref. Scotty in Part 1 was once more trying to understand Transwarp Beaming and decided to test it on the tribble he had with him from Star Trek 2009 to his nephew at SFA. Long story short the little critters wreak havoc in SFA and a world which the Enterprise is orbiting has a ton of tribbles on it and those get aboard the ship, etc. Starfleet uses cryo-freezing to stop the rate of reproduction in the tribbles and the Enterprise does the same, happy ending and so on.

The last page of this issue has Scotty sulking saying, "You're on notice Mr. Scott. No more experiments trying to advance the future of the human rac, Mr Scott........I've revolutionized the science! And now they're not even going to listen to -- [Scotty slams his elbo against the trasnporter controls] -- me?

And who is then transported onto the pad......Archer's dog. I'm so happy the little fella is "alive" again...I hated that JJ F'd with Enterprise in that way in making that sick joke with Scotty losing that poor dog after testing it...at least now I have respect for Scotty in general once more.

Star Trek has been ok so far, I'm very iffy on having the JJ-verse crew doing the stories the much older version of themselves did...but overall I think IDW is doing good so far with merging the two versions.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking its a descendant of Archer. Remember, TOS takes place, what, almost 100 years after Enterprise? So, even if Archer is as old as McCoy was in the start of TNG, it sure as hell isn't the same dog.
Commander
# 3
09-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonxx View Post
I'm thinking its a descendant of Archer. Remember, TOS takes place, what, almost 100 years after Enterprise? So, even if Archer is as old as McCoy was in the start of TNG, it sure as hell isn't the same dog.
Not really sure what you are saying, I think you misread some of my post.

But this is the dog we saw on ENT. JJ-Trek even confirmed that.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Rihannsu
# 4
09-01-2012, 01:52 PM
You might be taking the whole dog thing a little too seriously to dislike the film or scotty because of it but of course its not going to be the same dog. dogs just dont live that long.

just because he loved the dog in enterprise does not mean he would not go on to get more dogs of the same type and love them just as much.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
09-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Obviously if you think about it, it is not the Porthos we all know and love.

But the line in the film about his prized beagle was a nod to the fans of Enterprise, referencing Porthos. JJ confirmed it in interviews.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'