Career Officer
# 271
08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Now this thread should be stickied!!!
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
O Evil One, I am pleased to report that remastering of "Ghosts of War, Part II" is now complete.

Mission Name: Ghosts of War, Part II
Author: NCC-89471
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8
Estimated Mission Length: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Method of Report Delivery: Post to this thread

Please note that Part II has been redesigned as a shuttle mission (though truth be told, only the new first map really requires a shuttle, as the ground maps remain the heart of the story).
Federation Mission - Name: Ghosts of War, Part II (Re-review)
Author: NCC-89471
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HI6PMJ2Y8

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission and an excellent sequel in the series. The map designs are great, the battles are tough but not impossible, and the story dialogue is excellent. I really like the redesign of the beginning and end of the mission. I would highly recommend this mission and the series to all players who love a great mix of map design, intriguing story dialogue, and a few battles to keep it interesting.

Below are a few items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: This is a good grant dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
1: Bironex Depot - Space: This is a great map design with a challenging path to get through the patrol ships without having to fight them. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

2: Bironex Depot - Interior: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The last dialogue tree; at the end of the "Explain" response button tree the response button says "[Back]" but when pressed the map transfer dialogue appears. The player never gets to read the "Even if we capture" button dialogue. Because of the "[Back]" I thought it was going to take me back to that menu. I was not sure if that was your intention.

3: Barradas III - Space: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

4: Barradas III - Ground: This is a good map design with some fun battles and well written story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

5: Listening post - Interior: This is a great map design with some tough battles. The story dialogue is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

6: Barradas III - Space: This is a good map design with tough but fun battles and well written dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I note one item to consider changing:
-The S.S. Fleming is visible the minute the player spawns.

7: S.S. Fleming - Interior: This is a great map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

8: U.S.S. Monticello - Interior: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-The Captain Sadak NPC standing by himself during security alert seems unlikely. Consider adding a couple of security standing next to him. If this is because he is an alien you should still consider placing the guards to keep the player from being suspicious. I was suspicious from the moment I saw him by himself.
-The map transfer dialogue; consider changing "[OOC]Two to beam back[/OOC]" to read "[OOC]Five to beam back[/OOC]"

9: Barradas III - Space: This is a good map design with a good battle and excellent story dialogue to help wrap up this mission. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Realizing the limitation within the Foundry of creating an object to represent the two ships, it is still distracting that I am scanning two vessels that are not there. I understand there is nothing you can do about it at the moment.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job renovating the mission with the season 6 upgrades. I look forward to playing/reviewing the rest of the series as you complete them.
Brian

This critique report also filed 08/31/2012 on forum posting for: "Ghosts of War" mission series semi-official discussion thread.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 273
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Ooohh... 'fraid not. There's a major disconnect between Holodeck and Tribble in that regard. It was a kinda simple mission but I don't have a kdf foundry char on holodeck yet. I might recreate Emani (my tribble KDF foundry char) for this purpose though.
I look forward to playing/reviewing your work for the KDF.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details. Also see Evil 70th's list of missions at "Evil 70th's Missions".
Starfleet Veteran
# 274
08-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
Now this thread should be stickied!!!
Thank you. I appreciate your comment and would not mind if they did that.

Brian
Career Officer
# 275
08-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil70th View Post
Hey pax,

Welcome back to the queue and thanks for the request. You are number 2 in the queue behind trekkie. I hope to get started on the queue tomorrow night or Friday at the latest.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
I noticed a few of the same issues you did when I played the mission straight through this evening (the Fleming issue in Map 6, "Two/Five to beam back" in the Map 8/9 transition, and the invisible ships in Map 9), and already fixed them. In the case of the invisible ships, I actually rewrote the dialogue in that map to explain it away.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-31-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 276
08-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
I noticed a few of the same issues you did when I played the mission straight through this evening (the Fleming issue in Map 6, "Two/Five to beam back" in the Map 8/9 transition, and the invisible ships in Map 9), and already fixed them. In the case of the invisible ships, I actually rewrote the dialogue in that map to explain it away.
Excellent. Glad I could help. It is a great mission in the series.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Captain
# 277
09-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Just a few questions; I won't need them most likely for at least a few months down the line, at the rate I'm going, but I wanted to ask this about the mission types you review.

Do you review roleplay/minimal combat-type missions? What I am working in is very story-driven, with only light combat.

Also, while I really can't get a firm estimate on it yet since I'm not yet through my first draft, I would imagine that this would come in in the 60-90 minute range (60 for fast readers, 90 for slow readers). Think of the length of alimac30's missions, and that's about what I'm aiming for.

I'm still a long way out from completion, but just wanted to know in advance for whenever the time comes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 278
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Just a few questions; I won't need them most likely for at least a few months down the line, at the rate I'm going, but I wanted to ask this about the mission types you review.

Do you review roleplay/minimal combat-type missions? What I am working in is very story-driven, with only light combat.

Also, while I really can't get a firm estimate on it yet since I'm not yet through my first draft, I would imagine that this would come in in the 60-90 minute range (60 for fast readers, 90 for slow readers). Think of the length of alimac30's missions, and that's about what I'm aiming for.

I'm still a long way out from completion, but just wanted to know in advance for whenever the time comes.
I review any mission submitted to the queue, regardless of type. My goal is to provide an in depth review of the content, which includes story, dialogue, map design, and combat balancing. The request of the length is to give me an idea of how long it should take me to review it.

I look forward to playing/reviewing your mission whenever it is ready.
Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Starfleet Veteran
# 279
09-08-2012, 04:03 AM
My "official" policy regarding mission reviews, as long as Trek Online, or Cryptic, or Perfect World do not prohibit it then I do not. I will review missions submitted to me in this forum posting. I only ask a couple of things of the author.

-The author is responsible for ensuring they are following all guide lines and terms of service for the game Star Trek Online, or Cryptic, or Perfect World, etc. They are responsible to know if they are in violation of any rules for contests or other game requirements.

-Please post mission review requests for missions that are for public play, in other words, not being tested by the author to then be fixed, and released for the public. This includes submissions for contest entries. I am also able to review missions prior to achieving the minimum 5 reviews.

-Please provide as much of the following information as possible:
Mission Name: (Your Mission Title)
Author: (Your STO Site Name)
Minimum Level: (16+ or above)
Allegiance: (Federation/Klingon)
Project ID: ST-(ID Number)
Estimated Mission Length: (Time to complete)
Method of Report Delivery: (Forum Post/In Game email)

-Please understand that everything in my reviews should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

That covers mission review requests within this forum posting. I hope that helps clarify this for you and other authors. Thanks for the question,
Brian
Rihannsu
# 280
09-08-2012, 06:14 AM
Interested in looking at my contest entry?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=379991
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.