Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Does: [Console - Tactical - Warhead Yield Chamber Mk X] (+17.5% Torpedo Weapon Damage)
Boost / Work with / Add to / Modify
[Console - Universal - Torpedo Point Defense System] ?

Question 2.
Why doesn't Character Status > Ship > Attack/Defense, show the details of current ship slotted equipment?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
# 2
09-01-2012, 10:16 PM
1) It should. An easy way to tell. Look at the damage in the power popup window with the console equipped and not equipped.

2) The UI doen't break down individual contributions to totals. But the popup windows to change in real time according to your current buffs and debuffs from skills, equipment and powe effects..
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 3
09-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
1) It should. An easy way to tell. Look at the damage in the power popup window with the console equipped and not equipped.

2) The UI doen't break down individual contributions to totals. But the popup windows to change in real time according to your current buffs and debuffs from skills, equipment and powe effects..
What or Where is the "power popup window"?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,787
# 4
09-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntle View Post
What or Where is the "power popup window"?
AKA... Tooltips.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 989
# 5
09-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
AKA... Tooltips.
Hold you cursor over the power icons in your power tray. After a few seconds you'll get a popup window with basic info.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
AKA... Tooltips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Hold you cursor over the power icons in your power tray. After a few seconds you'll get a popup window with basic info.
Thanks to you both ; I found the answer to be YES ,
[Console - Universal - Torpedo Point Defense System] (TPDS) is modified by Torpedo affecting consoles. However since, beams fire 6x & 3x more often than torps, it was better to use a beam boosting console. (Beams fire every 1sec & Dual Beams 2sec vs. 6sec for photon torps) The TPDS only fires every 3 minutes. Guess you could fire it with torp boost console then swap to beam boost console every three minutes.

To Help the other Novices like me, I made some step by step instructions with screen shots.

Example of Ship Weapon Status, so you need be in space; (beam to ship).

1. Click "Character Status" icon, then Select your ship.
Image: http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...ne/Step1n2.jpg

2. Hover mouse over an item to view its detailed status.
Image: http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...HoverMouse.jpg

3. If you are trying to find out how much a console modifies a ship weapon; hover on the weapon in your "Personal Tray" make note of its damage, then drag the Console away into your inventory and re-look at the weapon's damage amount. When deciding which console is best; don't forget to take into account; weapon rate of fire (right click > info) and torp / mine 3 second setup delay between weapons. Thus even if you have 2 torp; the second won't fire for 3 seconds, so more than two torps is a waste because the 1st one will be ready after the second one; 6 seconds.
Image: http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...useConsole.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 847
# 7
09-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntle View Post
Thanks to you both ; I found the answer to be YES ,
[Console - Universal - Torpedo Point Defense System] (TPDS) is modified by Torpedo affecting consoles. However since, beams fire 6x & 3x more often than torps, it was better to use a beam boosting console. (Beams fire every 1sec & Dual Beams 2sec vs. 6sec for photon torps) ....................Thus even if you have 2 torp; the second won't fire for 3 seconds, so more than two torps is a waste because the 1st one will be ready after the second one; 6 seconds.
Image: http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w...useConsole.jpg
There is a bit of a debate but it is 2 seconds worse case. Some say 1.5 and some say 1 second but I am 100% sure it's no slower then 2 seconds.

As for torps reloading at 6 seconds you can speed up torpedo fire rate with projectile doffs and the same console that boost photon torps boost photon mines. 2 photon torps with the torp reload speed up doffs with a photon mine running Torpedo Spread III and Mine disposal beta can be pretty deadly.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
# 8
09-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Sadly you can NOT change consoles in battle.

BTW: I've been using two torp launchers since day 1 and it is a full 3 seconds reset/prep/delay/whatever between torp launchers.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 42
# 9
09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I can attest to the fact that two forward torpedo launchers can be very effective. Especially in STFs, with so many unshielded structures.

And if you have 3 purple Projectile weapons DOFFs, for the cooldown proc, instatorps with Photons all day long. It's almost like you're ship is just constantly using HY1 24/7
This is why I have torps on autofire while most others don't.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
# 10
09-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntle View Post
Does: [Console - Tactical - Warhead Yield Chamber Mk X] (+17.5% Torpedo Weapon Damage)
Boost / Work with / Add to / Modify
[Console - Universal - Torpedo Point Defense System] ?

Question 2.
Why doesn't Character Status > Ship > Attack/Defense, show the details of current ship slotted equipment?
The torpedo point defense system benefits from the photon torpedo tac console, I've seen the diffence in game. You can get a lot more than +17.5% from them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.