Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Commander
No compression pistols. No dual pistols.
Many weapons only come in Phaser, rather than having the Disruptor option.

Not to mention that the SHeal proc is entirely useless, averaging out to 2 healing per damage blip, or about 1.5 to 5 healing per second, depending on weapon. The disruptor SDisrupt proc looks interesting, at least, but the SHeal is useless.

Seriously, who came up with these? The Advanced weapons are vastly superior to the Elites, at least where Phasers are concerned, and many weapon types are simply missing from the Elite selection, even if I did want to buy them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Weapons are missing from advanced or have broken useless mods like mines so I am not surprised.

Sheal looks possible overpowered to me, not useless. Boost your own shield resistance use the other heal mods and get 5 to 10 shields a second regen. I can see ways to beat 30+ shield a second regen which added with 50%+ resistance is a lot.

Last edited by pottsey5g; 09-01-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Commander
# 3
09-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Testing indicates that the SDisrupt is useless, too: it doesn't proc until enemies are so low on health that 1-2 shots would finish them, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Sheal looks possible overpowered to me, not useless. Boost your own shield resistance use the other heal mods and get 5 to 10 shields a second regen. I can see ways to beat 30+ shield a second regen which added with 50%+ resistance is a lot.
SHeal is weak. A Maco Shield Charge does 590 shield heal over 5 seconds for a non engineer. With an engineer that has Repairs it can be over 1000 shield heal. You can get that every 45 seconds and every 20 seconds with a tactical initiative. To rely on a 5% proc for a potential shield heal is sad. On top of that, if I was going to go with a Proc, I want a fast firing weapon such as a compression pistol, which is missing. Keep in mind shields are only 50% effective. That means if you have 400 shields it only takes 200 damage to drop it. So it requires buffing up with shield resistances to make your shields more effective. A shield regen of 30 only results in 15 countered damage. With the new weapons out there, 15 damage equates to about 5% countered damage.

@Cryptic:
Wow, Horrible doesn't cover it. In this case we can say we haven't just hit bottom, we actually have started digging. If this is what Elite looks like, then why keep working on Starbases. It looks like Starbase Tier 2 is all you need to get anything you would need.

Last edited by pug02; 09-02-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Commander
# 5
09-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Incidentally, here is how you take something good, and make it better.

First you take the good thing.

Then you add something more to it.

You don't take something away, and add something else to it. That's making it different, not better. This is not rocket science. In this case, different just happens to mean worse.

EXAMPLE! Fleet advanced weapons are: [dmg]x3[choice of fourth attribute]
So make Elite weapons: [dmg]x4[choice of fifth attribute] or [dmgx3][choice of fourth attribute]x2.

Not possible because of tech limitations to 4 attributes? Then give it something else to make it effective, like a special bonus attribute similar to set pieces, while keeping the same stats as the advanced weapon.
Career Officer
# 6
09-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guriphu View Post
Incidentally, here is how you take something good, and make it better.

First you take the good thing.

Then you add something more to it.

You don't take something away, and add something else to it. That's making it different, not better. This is not rocket science. In this case, different just happens to mean worse.
I would actually take your example and adjust it in a more realistic way:

Instead of [Dmg]x3+[Modifier]+[Modifier] for elite weapons, id make the progressions from Advanced like this:

Advanced:
[Dmg]x3+[Modifier of choice]

Elite:
[Dmg]x2+[Modifer of Choice]+[Modifier of Choice]

Now granted, there are likely a ****ton of combinations, but as far as I am concerned, and as far as ground combat is concerned, ANY modifier is in improvement over [Dmg].
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
EDITEd will change in min
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
SHeal is weak. A Maco Shield Charge does 590 shield heal over 5 seconds for a non engineer. With an engineer that has Repairs it can be over 1000 shield heal. You can get that every
Since when does damage do double damage to shields? I have never seen anything to say shields are half as effective. The reason I think Sheal is possibley effective is you can stack it. Put it on your weapon, shield a sec on shield and armour and you have the same heal per second as Maco Shield only your shield heal is constant and passive. Plus it stacks with maco shield.

I agree by its self its useless but stacked it might be ok.
Commander
# 9
09-02-2012, 12:22 PM
To clarify: [SHeal] is a 5% proc chance on hitting the enemy with the gun to grant 40 shield healing to Self. It is the exact opposite of constant and passive, and it cannot be stacked.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Since when does damage do double damage to shields? I have never seen anything to say shields are half as effective.
[Combat (Self)] X's Arcwave Setting dealt 373 (274) shield damage to you.
[Combat (Self)] X deals 453 (991) Plasma Damage to you with Arcwave Setting.

Shields (Dmg/hit): 373/274 (73% effective)
Health (Dmg/hit): 453/717 (63% effective = 37% resistance) Flank shot

The shield in this example is only 73% effective. This is a shield that has a resistance on it already. You will often see numbers that are much closer to 50%. Since this was a flank shot my armor with 44% resistance was only giving me 37% resistance.

Shield tanking on the ground is an art form. It requires quite a bit of stacking to be good at it and the cooldowns on this abilities are brutal and quite often only gives you 15 seconds of full shield tanking. You can stretch it to 20 seconds with a loss in resistance. You need the help of a well spec tactical officer to stretch it to 30 seconds. With very good timing you can maybe make it 45 seconds.