Career Officer
# 21
09-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7 View Post
Show npc name -> mouse over
holy fudge! you expect me to ask all those mines their name? One by one?

I try to drop my trics along with a cluster torp... that's a more dense cluster than you'll have strength to read through even out of battle!
Ensign
# 22
09-03-2012, 08:57 AM
With a swift sweep with your mouse you should get a good general idea whether an area is safe or not. If the mines still prove to be a major issue for you, I've ran out of ideas to help you, sorry :c

EDIT: disregard that, I'll make you a togglebind for showing and hiding mine names later :]

Last edited by exal7; 09-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Ensign
# 23
09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Hud settings

First select the settings you generally have and type "/ui_save_file off"
Then choose the settings you want to switch to with a keystroke (mine names on, for example), press apply and type "/ui_save_file on"
Then add to your bind file the following:

add "ui_load_file on"
substract "ui_load_file off"

Now pressing + will show the mine names
Pressing - will hide them again.

--

If you want to toggle it from one button (ctrl for example), make 2 txt files called "toggle1" and "toggle2".

toggle1 should have this:
control "bind_load_file toggle2 $$ ui_load_file on"

toggle2 should have this:
control "bind_load_file toggle1 $$ ui_load_file off"

Happy toggling-mine-names-on-and-off.

Last edited by exal7; 09-03-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Captain
# 24
09-03-2012, 10:42 AM
It's a trap!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lieutenant
# 25
09-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
I say we equip all tric mines with firework devices! It will be spectacular, and the lag guarantees a clean kill!

But yeah, trics are a UI issue more than anything else, and the UI sucks big time.

How about giving the tric mines an intense bloom effect? Just to make them visible without invoving the UI? Or would that mess up people with weak GFX cards? I like the idea of dropping clusters of little stars
MT Brony is right, this is the worst UI ive ever experienced in an MMO. Cryptic would do well to take a few steps back and re do their UI
Career Officer
# 26
09-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7 View Post
no problem for me, I have mines visible all the time, and anyway, I'm the one dropping them

great! i'll link this post in zonechat before decloaking, and then the pugs will have only themselves to thank when they run into my mines!

come to think of it, i'll add the text message in a keybind to my decloak button, to save time!