Captain
# 71
09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I've fixed a few more, and am waiting on a compiled list from QA to address more.
Thanks, Tumorboy/tacofangs. Nice to know you guys are still working on it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 72
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Np, I just don't want to do this piecemeal as I have so far. Obviously there are a good number of maps affected. I don't mind loading those maps, and fixing the problem, but I don't want to have to load every space map just to see if there's an issue. You guys have done a great job listing maps, but the names you guys use often have little in common with the map's actual file name, so it's hard for me to reconcile those together. Zero and some of our QA guys are helping me sort out which map name you guys use is which map name in game, so I can just burn through the list.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Lt. Commander
# 73
09-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Np, I just don't want to do this piecemeal as I have so far. Obviously there are a good number of maps affected. I don't mind loading those maps, and fixing the problem, but I don't want to have to load every space map just to see if there's an issue. You guys have done a great job listing maps, but the names you guys use often have little in common with the map's actual file name, so it's hard for me to reconcile those together. Zero and some of our QA guys are helping me sort out which map name you guys use is which map name in game, so I can just burn through the list.
I'm happy as a clam that these fixes are coming and not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but where did they even come from?
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 74
09-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I think I've mentioned this somewhere before? Anyway, these nebulae cloud bits are drawn on a curve we make in game. We tell it how often to put down a card (a quad with the cloud texture on it). This was fairly sparse until a code change that we inherited made them draw hundreds of times in the space that used to exist between each card. The code can't be reverted as it had other, beneficial effects, we just have to turn off a setting on each curve that was affected. It's just finding those, and getting to them that is problematic.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Career Officer
# 75
09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
You guys have done a great job listing maps, but the names you guys use often have little in common with the map's actual file name, so it's hard for me to reconcile those together.
In the interest of helping you get the "behind-the-scenes" map (file) names, I wanted to let people hunting down these maps know that they can use the following command to get the proper map name:

/ShowCamPos 1

This will show the current camera position and rotation, along with the current map's name which people can post here to expedite things and make it easier on our poor beloved Taco Head.

PS: (Changing the 1 to 0 will turn it off.)
Lieutenant
# 76
09-04-2012, 12:40 PM
The Klingon Scout Force has those overly bloomy effects in em as well.
Lt. Commander
# 77
09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Pi Canis Borg Red Alert has the white blobs.
Ensign
# 78
09-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I too encountered this problem , some people that do not have this problem
say lower your bloom but this isnt the cause turning bloom off and lowering
setting to a minimum as no effect.

I also believe this has nothing to do with asteroids since i have had multible times
my screen filled with those and no performance loss at all ,

hower looking into or god forbid flying close to thesxe white blobs instantly drops
fps from 60 to 30 or lower with latency goign through the roof , looking away / creating
more distance from the white object restores everything back to normal with silky
smooth flying and no fps drops.
Career Officer
# 79
09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulianhua View Post
In the interest of helping you get the "behind-the-scenes" map (file) names, I wanted to let people hunting down these maps know that they can use the following command to get the proper map name:

/ShowCamPos 1

This will show the current camera position and rotation, along with the current map's name which people can post here to expedite things and make it easier on our poor beloved Taco Head.

PS: (Changing the 1 to 0 will turn it off.)
This is a really good tip... thanks for posting

I recently saw another "white blob" in an Alpha Centauri Red Alert map on Saturday.

though it didn't slow my machine down this time.

I will keep an eye out and use this command to get the names.
Lt. Commander
# 80 more white blobs
09-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Pi Canis borg encounter - Map name is deepspace_Kfr_Brg_Fs0d