Lieutenant
# 51
09-02-2012, 11:41 AM
1 Maurding instead of diplomacy. No silly peace talks, I just go sector by sector looking for things to steal.

2 Abundent amount of resources, maruarding gets you pretty big huals, plus you can rock orion slavers in your carriers for more chances at loot.

3 Now that FED has carriers, one thing is clear. KDF has the better bays, I will take my frigates, slavers, and BoPs over runabouts any day.

4 As mentioned a lot freedom, while the missions are not great, and some of the content is just copy pasted, I don't feel like there is any obligations. Heck the lack of good unique mission rewards let me skip missions all together till level my science captain looks like he belongs with the feds, but he orders daily raids for resources, while still finding time for science.

5 FED emo kids. I can't lie and say KDF doesn't have some bad eggs, but all my just plain awful STFs it was a FED toon complaining up a storm or ignoring the team and botching the run. Heck just last night I had one sit in the far back, declare it was where he would "guard" then rage when we failed a part and had to do it again. He didn't simply quit he sat 10m behind us and complained how he was done helping us, and that he quit. He did that till all but I quit the STF.

Ironically I started really leveling my first KDF to hit 50 to test out carriers before I bought the FED one. I now have 3 level 50 Klinks, and my FED science captain is still sitting at 42 where I left him, the money for his carrier went towards a Kar'fi lol

Last edited by zalzany; 09-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalzany View Post
4 As mentioned a lot freedom, while the missions are not great, and some of the content is just copy pasted, I don't feel like there is any obligations. Heck the lack of good unique mission rewards let me skip missions all together till level my science captain looks like he belongs with the feds, but he orders daily raids for resources, while still finding time for science.
Gotta disagree a bit - some KDF-specific missions are very well done content (frankly higher quality than most FED-specifics). And then we have the always fun Path of the Warrior line
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Empire Veteran
# 53
09-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikaiful View Post
Gotta disagree a bit - some KDF-specific missions are very well done content (frankly higher quality than most FED-specifics). And then we have the always fun Path of the Warrior line
I agree every KDF unique mission is better than any Federation mission imo. It;s one of the many things that is so good about the KDF side. A missed opportunity by Cryptic, something hopefully they'll change in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 54
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
I play KDF for the most Klingon of reasons:

Because I chose to.

And then again there are these:

The Bird of Prey. Nothing else flies like it. Enhanced battle cloak to place torpedoes precisely where they need to go with maximum effect.

Where else can I have a Gorn character named SyGORNey Weevr?

Being able to use a really good Batleth in the way it was meant to be used. KDF has the best in ground fighting.

As for all the moralization of the Feds being too goody-goody or the KDF being more the villain or whatever, meh. That's all in your heads. The canon nonsense of the Fed prime directive has always been pure bull. The idea of perfect peace and harmony is the same, pure bull. To win space battles you need war ships. To hold ground takes real men wearing real boots with real weapons. This is the reality for both the KDF and the Feds. It's just the way it is.
Just say no to ARC

Last edited by tancrediiv; 09-05-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Damn spell checking autocomplete!