Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 1 REAL power of STO ships!!!
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
hi?,

i will open a new threat after i noticed the endless discussion about what ship is best what is best dps,.......


why not make a real performance test for any ship+players.

for example KASE is nice for a performance test on this.

lets say 2 players cry about is a cruiser the better dps ship or escort why let do them endless trashtalk who is better make the real test.

it works so the 2 players go into KASE with there ships+setup + 3 others.

then anyome from the 2 crying kids have to clear solo 1 side in KASE who is faster have the better dps ship , the other 3 players in the mission only stop probes.

about this run can make anyone a video and post it here. to show for other players the performance of this shiptype.

on that way can players challenge others if they see the movie and think they have better setup, this will be interresting for players with expirience or neewbie players.

Last edited by lostmoony; 09-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 568
# 2
09-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Or alternatively you could just post your build here (including the BOFF layout, DOFF layout and equipment setup) and people would help you make it better.

To continue from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
you can not read what i write all the time.
Let me recap some of what you wrote, then...

"rainbow or not rainbow is no point"
"the only ship what can take endless dmg is the tholian carrier any other ship is crap in compare to it."
"that makes it to the only real tank ingame."
"so, he is the ONLY real tank in the game!!!!!"
"a karfi can die a tholian carrier not"
"any ship can buff or whatever but it not helps on any way"
"i outdps you on any way with a RAINBOW carrier"


Now, I'm (still) prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you might not be trolling. It appears from your earlier posts that English might not be your first language, and that you might not be familiar with standard MMO terminology (as evidenced from your questions "tank is what?" and "dd?").

But there is a failure in basic logic here.

You simply cannot have a ship be best at two things simultaneously. If you set your ship up for maximum damage, you'll lose in other areas like survivability. If you set your ship up for maximum survivability, you'll lose out in other areas like damage. Thus you potentially might be "the best you can be" at survivability or "the best you can be" at damage, but not both at once.

The Tholian Carrier is a good example of this, because of its Commander Level BOFF slot. If you use that slot for a Tac BOFF, other setups will beat you in Survivability. If you use that slot for an Engineer, other setups will beat you in Damage.

I'm not debating that a properly-setup Carrier can put out good levels of Damage. However a Carrier will NEVER be the best choice for holding aggro, because its damage output (and thus the aggro it can potentially pull and hold onto) is split between the main ship and its fighters. All things being equal, you'll have a less solid lock on aggro than a ship that does all its damage by itself.

It should be blatantly obvious despite the previously displayed grasp of damage mechanics that there are a lot of things holding you back on that particular setup from having your 'main ship' inflict high levels of damage: no permanent 125 weapons power, fewer weapon hardpoints than other ships, no sensor analysis, one of the slowest turnrates in the game, limited Tactical Console slots... etc. and probably most tellingly, that you have chosen a "Rainbow weapon" setup - which by your own admission, limits you to doing less raw damage - which will lead to slower kills and a less solid lock on aggro than your ship would otherwise be capable of.

+ Is your setup better than most PUG STF setups? - Possibly.
+ Is your setup the best it can be; even at your "KASE test"? - No, not with Rainbow beams.
(and I'd be pleasantly surprised if your build was optimised for it, eg. Aux2Bat1 and APB3)

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]

Last edited by maelwy5; 09-04-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 3
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelwy5 View Post
+ Is your setup better than most PUG STF setups? - Possibly.
+ Is your setup the best it can be; even at your "KASE test"? - No, not with Rainbow beams.
(and I'd be pleasantly surprised if your build was optimised for it, eg. Aux2Bat1 and APB3)
i dont say better setup or whatever there are gamebasics what alot of players dont understandor or will accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelwy5 View Post
You simply cannot have a ship be best at two things simultaneously. If you set your ship up for maximum damage, you'll lose in other areas like survivability.

The Tholian Carrier is a good example of this, because of its Commander Level BOFF slot. If you use that slot for a Tac BOFF, other setups will beat you in Survivability.
fail tac is the only think what you have to put in the tholian that logical dmg is all what you need or have to do in all missions,
and i have stock basic setup on all ships THE SAME says 2xhull heal+2xshild heal more NOBODY need.






the idea of this thread is to stop the endless same discussions beams or cannons better cruiser or escort better, all weapons same color or rainbow, scie char or tactik, who is best tank or what makes the differenz to be able to take alot/endless dmg,why i diing always on a tac cube and others dont get dmg, WHY FOR SOME players invis magic torp exist what deal 2mio dmg and other players never seen it ...... and 1000 other of this points+question .

make video testruns ship vs ship to show real performance from anyone.
on that way new + older players can learn+ see if they are totally wrong with there mind.

a video never lies.

why i decide to make basic testruns in KASE.

its easy your job is in any fleet or STF mission to destroy a amount of enemys+structures in a certain time.
i try it out for myself with 6 differenz ships and noticed that i can clearn a side solo in 6-10min so optional still done easy.
so why i can do that with any ship easy"excludet scie vessels", and 99% of all player not able to do it?

that we can find out in this challenge, who is interested simply post here we can make for that a channel ingame to handle easyer the runs.

question on this way what video software is best to record mission?

Last edited by lostmoony; 09-04-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 568
# 4
09-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelwy5 View Post
Now, I'm (still) prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you might not be trolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
the idea of this thread is
...
make video testruns ship vs ship to show real performance
...
question on this way what video software is best to record mission?
I stand corrected.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
# 5
01-02-2013, 07:32 AM
I know this is an old post, but im bored at work so going thru all the old posts, just one question really......

Did a test run ever get done and get recorded, or did nothing ever happen?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 6
01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon160371 View Post
I know this is an old post, but im bored at work so going thru all the old posts, just one question really......

Did a test run ever get done and get recorded, or did nothing ever happen?
You seem relatively new to the forums so allow me to iterate a point for you. Forum rules basically say that any thread that hasn't been posted in for 30 days is considered a dead thread, so instead of reviving these zombies, make a new one. So basically, read the forum rules, and stop necro posting.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,237
# 7
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I find KASE is great for testing new ships, builds, and characters. My first test is mostly for sci and eng in cruisers and sci ships since all tac escorts should be able to pass it, is for to be able to guard 4 probes at a time without having to move. After that it needs to be able to solo a cube quickly witout dying, after that it needs to be able to solo a cube while guarding probes at the same time. Once I'm sure it can do all of that I have a elite STF viable build.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 31
# 8
01-04-2013, 01:34 AM
Is there a reason behind the no necro-posting?

marc8219, I would add darting across the map to stop the probes on the other side for noob-proofing if you pug. Also, what would you say is quick for taking out a cube?
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,598
# 9
01-04-2013, 01:55 AM
*screams, does a back flip, with a tripple somersault..okay i lost what I was doing.

Anywho, let zombie threads be dead and don't reply to post over 30 days old If need be, make a new thread to continue the discussion!

/Thread
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Contact: Twitter | Line Messenger: askray113
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM.