Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 664
# 21
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I'll trade our Orion playable captain for a playable Ferengi KDF side.

^not a troll, I'm serious....
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,219
# 22
09-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I'll trade our Orion playable captain for a playable Ferengi KDF side.

^not a troll, I'm serious....
Honestly, it'd be pretty easy to justify Ferengi availability as a KDF race. As a whole, the race has a rather mercenary attitude.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,335
# 23
09-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I Vote Nay to this You want a Orion go KDF
It is annoying that everything the feds seem to cry for they get while the KDF get nothing.
Now I play as a fed as well and believe if you give the feds Orions then you will be putting the final nail in the coffin for KDF.

If you want a Orion make a green alien. I myself made a alien and prefer him to any other pre made race when I play as a fed
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 664
# 24
09-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I Vote Nay to this You want a Orion go KDF
It is annoying that everything the feds seem to cry for they get while the KDF get nothing.
Now I play as a fed as well and believe if you give the feds Orions then you will be putting the final nail in the coffin for KDF.
You're aware the Devs put the last nail in the coffin? They did openly stated they have no plans on putting any real work in developing this faction.

I have a suspicion that in either Season 7 or 8 the War will end. They will introduce the Iconians, the Borg will push harder. The Romulan subfaction will release with the option to either fly Fed or KDF colors. We will still have our unique starbase and unique ships. Content will continue to be cross faction as the Iconians will pose a threat to both the KDF and Fed.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,004
# 25
09-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
You're aware the Devs put the last nail in the coffin? They did openly stated they have no plans on putting any real work in developing this faction.
I think you're misquoting there.

They've said in the past they don't have any current plans to develop missions for KDF. They have said that they have no intention to play catch-up at the expense of the rest of the game, and I think that's reasonable.

They've never said, to the best of my knowledge, that they will never make new things for KDF. They've said on plenty of occasions that they would like to add new things someday. When did they retract that statement?

Now maybe that lack of commitment will result in nothing at all. Or in inferior improvements compared to what the blueside gets. But I think it's still worth pitching a better KDF experience for as long as the game is still running.

I believe a positive expectation about what the KDF will eventually be will have more influence on the game in the long run. If enough players maintain those expectations, eventually they're bound to run out of reasons to say no. Turning it into a "holy war", though, is the wrong approach.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,004
# 26
09-04-2012, 01:21 PM
On topic, while it's not totally unreasonable that Orions might end up in Starfleet... it's not necessarily a given, either.

If they ever do make Orions available, then they should be free for KDF but pay-to-play for Orion Feds, just like Federation Klingons.

And then use that money to fund the KDF. Just sayin'.

Or, fair's fair, open up some other races for the KDF to play. If Cryptic ever gets around to doing the whole First-Officer-to-Playable-Captain thing, you could recruit a cross-faction BO and then promote them to playable captain.

That would allow Feds to play KDF races and vice-versa, but it wouldn't be easy... T4 in Diplomacy or Marauding would be a necessary prerequisite, meaning a long grind to get to that point.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 136
# 27
09-04-2012, 02:35 PM
1st sry for english.

2nd If u want a orion go to kdf stop taking the few we have.
The fed side gets all the atencion of dev team and u want more????? wats next??? the BOP ??? pls ppl if want some thing of kdf side go to kdf .

3rd i have 4 characters in game only 1 fed and i dont goin to expend a single (Z) on him all go to mi kdf. and if the kdf faction dispier i will go and never return there is more ppl than the dev PW think playing in kdf but we still are ignored.

4 sry if some is offended but is the real true i cant believe what the fed ppl.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 28
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
There is what is called ex Fed or Starfleet officer that go and join the Orions called Orion Pirates.They don't really attack the Fed only other cartels of the Orions.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 664
# 29
09-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I think you're misquoting there.

They've said in the past they don't have any current plans to develop missions for KDF. They have said that they have no intention to play catch-up at the expense of the rest of the game, and I think that's reasonable.

They've never said, to the best of my knowledge, that they will never make new things for KDF. They've said on plenty of occasions that they would like to add new things someday. When did they retract that statement?

Now maybe that lack of commitment will result in nothing at all. Or in inferior improvements compared to what the blueside gets. But I think it's still worth pitching a better KDF experience for as long as the game is still running.

I believe a positive expectation about what the KDF will eventually be will have more influence on the game in the long run. If enough players maintain those expectations, eventually they're bound to run out of reasons to say no. Turning it into a "holy war", though, is the wrong approach.
It's a cop out.....

STO is a business flat out... I'm sure they love the game... but to remain open requires profit

They have repeatedly stated that working on the KDF side isn't cost effective. Majority of players don't want to invest in a half faction that they need to hit level 20 just to play. They won't invest as long as it doesn't seem like it would turn a profit.

Back to the chicken and the egg....

Won't buy eggs because they chickens we have just don't lay enough. It's not cost efficient to invest in new livestock strains.

You're aware of the problem that will come up right?

Eventually you'll have no chickens... and in hindsight the idea of investing in a few extra eggs wasn't such a bad idea....

My intention isn't a "Holy War"

And I personally intend on pushing to get a KDF faction this game can be proud of...

The bottom line issue

The devs won't invest unless they see a gainable profit....

* KDF 1/2 the content compared to Fed
* Requires you to make a level 20 Fed to even roll a KDF toon

The KDF doesn't even a chance to become cost efficient as long as the level restriction is in place.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
# 30
09-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I want to try this a different way this time.

First I am attacking no one.

Why should Fed faction have playable Orions?

Does it add to the flavor as someone would say, or does it detract?

I personally would be for such a thing, but they are already part of the Klingon faction. There is the option to be a Alien if a person just wants the look. I just do not see a reason.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.