Career Officer
# 11
08-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
OR .. an even cooler concept .. the Terran Empire is Allies with the Tholians to invade the prime universe.

Not sure how that would work exactly however.. Tholians ARE known for being intergalactic trolls and not really wanting to deal with anyone...
The Tholians are stealing Mirror ships and interrogating their crew. Have you guys not done Nukara Prime's cave missions?
Career Officer
# 12
08-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The Tholians are stealing Mirror ships and interrogating their crew. Have you guys not done Nukara Prime's cave missions?
Aye - isn't the ISS Odyssey is underground there?

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 08-22-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Captain
# 13
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I've found that Tholians only appear to VA teams all with tier 2 star bases, same with Borg in incursion. As far as the look of the SB, it depends on the players. If you have 3 players from the same fleet, there is a 60% chance the SB you see is theirs.
Commander
# 14
08-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Yeah, crashed and buried into the surface. The Tholians are reverse engineering Mirror technology, so my theory is that those Mirror Ships themselves have all been captured or built, and are entirely manned by Tholians.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Rihannsu
# 15
08-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Or maybe these are Mirror Tholians?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
08-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Or maybe these are Mirror Tholians?
The mirror universe episode of Enterprise seemed to hint that the Tholian Assembly is unified between the two universes. Nukara seems to go with that idea, as well.
Community Moderator
# 17 Moved and Re-Moved
08-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Starfleet Command ordered this thread to the PvE Gameplay forum, realized they made a mistake, then redeployed to Missions and Episodes.

Boy is Starfleet Command embarrassed!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 18
08-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, we technically don't know its name - there's no name or registry on it, for some reason.

But yes, the Tholians have been stealing Terran ships. So why they'd by working together is, frankly, a mystery.

Maybe some of that Season 7 content will address it.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
08-31-2012, 10:04 AM
They aren't working together, though.

If you haven't actually seen a terran ship come out of one of the rifts, you might have seen that they'll attack the Tholians, too. Usually by the time the Terran ship actually spawns the ship that pulled it in is dead, and most of the content Tholians actually show up in is pretty AOE heavy so they get agroed on players pretty quick, but on Tribble I Managed to draw a couple away from battle and watch their abilities.
Captain
# 20
09-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
They aren't working together, though.

If you haven't actually seen a terran ship come out of one of the rifts, you might have seen that they'll attack the Tholians, too. Usually by the time the Terran ship actually spawns the ship that pulled it in is dead, and most of the content Tholians actually show up in is pretty AOE heavy so they get agroed on players pretty quick, but on Tribble I Managed to draw a couple away from battle and watch their abilities.
Interesting...maybe some future content will involve the Terrrans forming an alliance with the Feds and the Klingons against the Tholians! That would be cool.
Please fix the Foundry lag!