Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Commander
# 1 Cryptic, Biochemists Do Not Work
06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
The Biochemist DOff does not and has never granted a -10 damage resistance debuff to most (or any) science kit debuffs. The powers correctly display this debuff, however, they are NOT applied to the target the power is cast on. I repeat: the display is correct, but the effect does NOT exist.

I would appreciate some acknowledgement that Cryptic is at least aware that this bug exists, even if you have no intention of ever fixing it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
06-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Thank you for the bug report. I'll look into this.
Commander
# 3
06-25-2012, 01:22 PM
You're welcome, and thanks for the reply. If possible, could you also look into the issue described here? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71#post4398571
Commander
# 4
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I noticed while testing on Tribble that my biochemist debuff was appearing on the active effects indicators under target portraits, now. So I did a bit of testing with another player.

Biochemists still do not actually apply any debuff to the target. They correctly display the debuff to sci debuff powers, and the debuff correctly displays under the active effects indicator on the target's portrait. However, the target's damage resistance is still NOT reduced.

(Note that this is technically a Tribble bug report, but since it is directly pertinent to what appears to be a fix to this bug, I think it belongs here.)

Last edited by guriphu; 07-08-2012 at 05:33 AM.
Commander
# 5
07-14-2012, 05:18 PM
The above post remains accurate for the Holodeck version of the build.
Commander
# 6
08-13-2012, 06:37 AM
You have now been 'looking into this' for a month and a half. I described the means of reproduction clearly. The bug remains present. I would appreciate acknowledgement that the bug exists, even if no solution is forthcoming.
Commander
# 7
09-03-2012, 07:14 PM
I was just thinking to myself, gee, wouldn't it be nice if cryptic would admit that BIOCHEMISTS STILL DON'T DO ANYTHING?
Community Moderator
# 8
09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Closing necro/bump thread.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

thanks,
syberghost
Community Moderator
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread