Captain
# 151
08-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
then i guess i was wrong, you would give advice that bad. it will never ceases to amaze me how you literally have to argue every established truth. the DHC/DC debate was settles long ago. the only advantage with DC's is DEM and tetryon glider, per weapon strike abilities. their cycle also completes about a half second sooner, so after thousands of shots you might get an additional proc or 2. but the damage you loose out on, even if you can complete a DC's full cycle and use DEM and glider, could never make up for the inferior damage dealing abilities of DCs
Even with DEM and tetglider... your better off with DHC, as both skills are heavily dependent on weapon power. Perhaps while nadion is running on an engi you will see some more dmg... however even in that case nadion is only up for 30 sec every 3 min... so I would say if you are going for sustained dmg DHC are still better...

PS Sophie this is the PvP section of the forums... thus I am going to assume people are asking for PvP advice... and not how to draw less argo from donatra. lol
Empire Veteran
# 152
08-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
They fire more volleys per second, meaning they proc a bit more.
why am i not surprised. thats wrong, by the way. theres only 1 chance to proc per cycle, not per shot.

DHCs only need to point at your target for about 1 second to deal 100% of their damage. DCs need to point at their target for 4 seconds to deal 100% of their damage. with how maneuverable things are, and how small that arc is, thats an incredibly big deal.

every single shot from a cycle deals damage based on the energy level you have the server tic the shot is fired. the last 2 or 3 shots will be dealing much less damage then the first 2 as your energy levels plummet. DHC's fire off in the first second of the cycle, firing before energy levels can plummet.

thats the theory at least, but the damage logs show that this basically is what happens. the damage logs also show that the total damage after hundreds of shots is simply much higher when its DHCs that fire vs DCs. unless the people that ran those tests are liers, and aside from the bug topic the good posters here don't strike me as intentionally dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Even with DEM and tetglider... your better off with DHC, as both skills are heavily dependent on weapon power. Perhaps while nadion is running on an engi you will see some more dmg... however even in that case nadion is only up for 30 sec every 3 min... so I would say if you are going for sustained dmg DHC are still better...

PS Sophie this is the PvP section of the forums... thus I am going to assume people are asking for PvP advice... and not how to draw less argo from donatra. lol
it would only seem like it better utilizes those things, i wouldn't be surprised if a test showed that they were worse at using those things too.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 153
08-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
[...] theres only 1 chance to proc per cycle, not per shot.
What is your source for this please?
Ensign
# 154
08-27-2012, 01:55 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=268571

tl;dr

Borg procs and stuff like that gets activated from DC fire more often.. Single cannons can be useful in some quirky builds, DCs probably never.
Empire Veteran
# 155
08-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
What is your source for this please?
borticus expressly stated that that is how it works in a post here, but i think that was before nu forums, so its lost to us now

oh wait nevermind, he found it. thats individual post he linked is made by me by the way.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 08-27-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 156
08-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7 View Post
[...]
Borg procs and stuff like that gets activated from DC fire more often.. Single cannons can be useful in some quirky builds, DCs probably never.
So defensive procs are triggered per hit, but weapon procs are triggered per cycle?
Ensign
# 157
08-27-2012, 02:26 AM
"..when receiving All Energy Damage.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
..fires with every single energy weapon pulse.
Career Officer
# 158
08-27-2012, 02:41 AM
The quote reads just like "weapons proc with every volley". Maybe I'll test this later today to be sure.
Ensign
# 159
08-27-2012, 02:47 AM
Borg 2pc has "When receiving All Damage, 2% chance of applying Autonomous Regeneration Sequencer".

If you want to confirm how that works, 2 DHC's have as many energy pulses coming as 1 DC, but 2 weapon cycles running.

Edit: better do it with maco shield or something, the borg 2pc has a cooldown

Edit2: Cannon Rapid Fire..

Last edited by exal7; 08-27-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Captain
# 160
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I've redone my build a bit after trying some different things based on y'alls suggestions, and this is what I've come up with. Anything obviously wrong with this...or not so obvious?

-------------------
Fore Weapons:
2 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Dual-Heavy Cannons [ACC]x2, 1 Purple XII Tetryon Beam Bank [ACC]x3, 1 Purple XII Quantum Torp. [ACC]x2[CrtD]

Aft Weapons:
3 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Turrets [ACC]x2

Sets:
2 Piece Borg (Console + Deflector) / 2 Piece XII Honor Gaurd (Shield + Engines)

Consoles:
Tac: 3 Purple + 1 Blue XII Tetryon Consoles, 1 Purple XII Zero Point Console
Sci: 1 Purple XII Field Generator
Eng: 2 Purple XII Neutronium, 1 Purple XII RCS, Borg Console

Tac Abilities:
Tactical Team x2, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Beam Overload 2, High Yield Torpedo 3, Attack Pattern Omega 1, Attack Pattern Omega 3

Sci Abilities:
Tractor Beam 1, Hazard Emitters 2

Eng Abilities:
Emergency Power to Weapons 1, Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1

Active Space Doffs:
3 Purple Shield Distribution Doffs + 2 Conn Officers (evasive maneuvers)
-------------------

Last edited by skurf; 09-04-2012 at 10:49 PM.