Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lieutenant
Hey all,

So I've been away for a while and I thought I've been seeing peeps running around with weapons on their backs (both energy-based and melee) and Fed characters beaming out with different effects. Am I crazy? If not, how does one go about obtaining these abilities?

Thanks, everyone!
Career Officer
# 2
09-04-2012, 01:15 PM
You can show.hide weapons on your back using the same method as hiding/showing armor. There should be an icon next to your weapons you can click (it looks like an eye) or you can right click to get the menu options.

I believe rifles go on your back and pistols on your waist. swords are worn on the waist as well, but most melee weapons go across the back.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
# 3
09-04-2012, 03:00 PM
keep in mind that the Ghostbusters gun and the MACO Antiproton rifle don't have back visualizations for some reason...
Lieutenant
# 4
09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey thanks, guys! Oh, the MACO gun is awesome! Where can I locate one?

And does anyone know about the transporter effects? If I can somehow change mine that would dope!

And wasn't there something about a phaser model from WOK? Again, I might be crazy.

Thanks, everyone!
Lieutenant
# 5
09-04-2012, 11:36 PM
And, for the record, I'm pretty ticked off that I've been demoted to Ensign, I can't change my avatar back to what it was, and I'm only logged for a few posts. I've been here since the beginning!

I'm gonna go pout on my bridge....
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-04-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/M.A.C.O._(Gro...r_Battle_Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Omega_Force_(...on_Autocarbine

You can get the Weapon requisition for MACO or Omega Force weapons from The Cure Ground on either normal (recruit/Veteran) or Elite (Elite), but it a random drop...

OR

You can grind 20 stfs for mk X( 20 EDCs), 40 stfs for mk 11 (40 EDCs) and 60 for mk 12 (60 EDCs)

^^ Long, but guaranteed, plus you get HEAPS of dilithium (480 per stf run, i normally run space due to how fast they can get done....and by the time i finish the 3rd one the 1st one is normally finishing up its cooldown) lol...unfortunately im only at 14 EDCs so far....and im going for at least mk 11 omega force armour, gun and/or shields....but ill start from mk 10 and test it out on Tribble to see if its worth going all that way.....a full mk 12 ground stf set is 180 EDCs,

Last edited by cynder2012; 09-04-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Community Moderator
# 7
09-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
http://www.stowiki.org/M.A.C.O._(Gro...r_Battle_Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Omega_Force_(...on_Autocarbine

You can get the Weapon requisition for MACO or Omega Force weapons from The Cure Ground on either normal (recruit/Veteran) or Elite (Elite), but it a random drop...

OR

You can grind 20 stfs for mk X( 20 EDCs), 40 stfs for mk 11 (40 EDCs) and 60 for mk 12 (60 EDCs)

^^ Long, but guaranteed, plus you get HEAPS of dilithium (480 per stf run, i normally run space due to how fast they can get done....and by the time i finish the 3rd one the 1st one is normally finishing up its cooldown) lol...unfortunately im only at 14 EDCs so far....and im going for at least mk 11 omega force armour, gun and/or shields....but ill start from mk 10 and test it out on Tribble to see if its worth going all that way.....a full mk 12 ground stf set is 180 EDCs,
Unless I've missed a major change you can't buy the MK XII - random drop only.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 8
09-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
60 for mk 12 (60 EDCs)
a full mk 12 ground stf set is 180 EDCs
Umm... The Mk XI set can be earned via EDCs, but the Mk XII (unless something MAJOR has changed on Tribble when I wasn't looking) is only able to be obtained via trading in Prototype Borg Tech, which are very rare drops from different Elite STF missions.

[edit] Darn page refresh... tobar got in before me!! [/edit]

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]

Last edited by maelwy5; 09-05-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Commander
# 9
09-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbre View Post
And, for the record, I'm pretty ticked off that I've been demoted to Ensign, I can't change my avatar back to what it was, and I'm only logged for a few posts. I've been here since the beginning!

I'm gonna go pout on my bridge....
You can change your avatar. It's in the control panel, and there's a link at the top of the page that says "edit your avatar".

The rest is all part of the conversion. They archived everything.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-05-2012, 03:51 PM
damn...looks like they changed it...i swear it was 60 EDCs per ground part a few days ago for elite set...ah well mk 11 is just as good at mk 12 IMO...and far easier to get.