Career Officer
# 161
09-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I've redone my build a bit after trying some different things based on y'alls suggestions, and this is what I've come up with. Anything obviously wrong with this...or not so obvious?

-------------------
Fore Weapons:
2 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Dual-Heavy Cannons [ACC]x2, 1 Purple XII Tetryon Beam Bank [ACC]x3, 1 Purple XII Quantum Torp. [ACC]x2[CrtD]
You mean Dual Beam bank here, right?

Why both a DBB and a quantum? Shouldn't either of the two suffice for "finish off" spike damage, allowing you to be more aggressive with your main weaponry, the DHC's?
Captain
# 162
09-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
You mean Dual Beam bank here, right?

Why both a DBB and a quantum? Shouldn't either of the two suffice for "finish off" spike damage, allowing you to be more aggressive with your main weaponry, the DHC's?
Yes, Dual Beam Bank. I'm using the beam bank + overload along with rapid fire to take their shields down quick and then using the quantums with high yield and KHG bonus for the hull smashing. If I time it right they won't have time to react before the torpedoes hit. With the 3 DHC's it gave them a longer time to use shield buffs before their shields completely failed on one facing. With the DBB + Quantum it doesn't seem to be as good for sustained damage, but the spike damage seems better. I started off with a Phased Tetryon DBB with [ACC]x2, but the overload shot seemed to miss a lot so I got a regular Tetryon with [ACC]x3, which helped some, but I still had a lot of misses, which is why I added the tractor beam.

Last edited by skurf; 09-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Captain
# 163
09-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
I've redone my build a bit after trying some different things based on y'alls suggestions, and this is what I've come up with. Anything obviously wrong with this...or not so obvious?

-------------------
Fore Weapons:
2 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Dual-Heavy Cannons [ACC]x2, 1 Purple XII Tetryon Beam Bank [ACC]x3, 1 Purple XII Quantum Torp. [ACC]x2[CrtD]

Aft Weapons:
3 Purple XII Phased Tetryon Turrets [ACC]x2

Sets:
2 Piece Borg (Console + Deflector) / 2 Piece XII Honor Gaurd (Shield + Engines)

Consoles:
Tac: 3 Purple + 1 Blue XII Tetryon Consoles, 1 Purple XII Zero Point Console
Sci: 1 Purple XII Field Generator
Eng: 2 Purple XII Neutronium, 1 Purple XII RCS, Borg Console

Tac Abilities:
Tactical Team x2, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Beam Overload 2, High Yield Torpedo 3, Attack Pattern Omega 1, Attack Pattern Omega 3

Sci Abilities:
Tractor Beam 1, Hazard Emitters 2

Eng Abilities:
Emergency Power to Weapons 1, Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1

Active Space Doffs:
3 Purple Shield Distribution Doffs + 2 Conn Officers (evasive maneuvers)
-------------------
Looks like you are going for the super spike idea... it can work... really though... I would say you are way light on the rapid fire patterns which is going to account for 80% of your dmg potential. Myself I would loose the beam and the overload 2.... likely put Rapid Fire 3 in for Omega 3... and then run a copy of Delta 1.

You have lots of shield heals already true... but honestly I would likely say a copy of Transfer shield strength would still be better then the tractor 1... although I get the idea... tractor Overload + HY.

Also if you are going to run torps at all I don't think you can afford to run zero torp doffs.... the dps increase is just way to good when you run them.

Myself I would run Hazards 1 + TSS 2 on your sci....
With 2 Torp doffs instead of the Conn officers. (There likely to be nerfed shortly anyway)

Really I would likely try 2 quantums... with HY 3 and HY 2 + 2 doffs.... then on your alphas you can preload HY 3 and 2 very easily and spit 7 torps as you scream into a target... that is where it would really be nice to have Rapid fire 3 so you can really try to get that facing down... honestly Overload is just to often a miss to be reliable for that.

Still what ever works for you is the way to go... nothing majorly wrong with the build in anyway.