Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 71
09-03-2012, 04:52 PM
There are absolutely 15 artifact assignments. Each of the 12 sector block has its own pool of 3-4 assignments (I haven't kept exact records, but I believe each sector inside a sector block has an assignment named after it), each of which may or may not be up that day in sector or dept head.

Skurf are you Fed or KDF? I have a much harder time finding them as KDF than I do as Fed, so if you are it's possible that's why you can't get more than 8-9.

I run 5 of the 20h exploration assignments each day for cxp, particle traces, and artifacts, and I calculated that I end up with, on average, enough cxp to do a cxp turnin every other day, so his 20k cxp/day figure sounds about right to me.

Last edited by thepantsparty; 09-03-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 72
09-03-2012, 05:26 PM
And you can also find more in nebulas.

*sigh*

I'm sick if stating the obvious in this thread. Why are you bickering me if you don't even know how the game work?

Here are two screenshots. 9 Explo missions are running, all of them with 26% of crit and 7% of failure for max crit chance. I could have done more but I didn't want to give up my regular and important assignments. These 9 assignments comes from 4 sectors only; took me less than 5 minutes to slot. I didn't even bother to visit the kdf space to get the rare ones.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/83...2090400005.jpg
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/17...2090400004.jpg
crit chance: http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/80...2090400006.jpg

Now please, for the sake of this discussion, if you aren't doing this on purpose to kill it, please, if I mention a feature you don't know, just assume it exists and what I state about it is true...

Last edited by diogene0; 09-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 73
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

Now that this thread has become a "how to break the doff system and get instant rewards", enjoy a pointless game, I gave you a way to remove any challenge from the starbase system, and you might even be able to get the holy grail, the zero interaction with other players 'one man starbase'.
I am 38k/37k/39k starbase xp so pretty much on-line to hit T3 by the end of Sept

this will be a T3 one man built starbase

It is a work of pure insanity - luckily for me insanity has an end and that is T3 - so I won't be geeting my purples through the base - but since I have over 600 purples for 6 Fed toons I am not in big need of a lot more - no more than another 600! (I have about 1200 blues but I am in no hurry to grind them into purples)

and Garak in case you have not seen it watch it a few times its great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02v9...eature=related

Last edited by levi3; 09-03-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 74
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I made a small mistake. Actually, with purple doffs only, the CXP on crit on the artifact missions is 4.5k for an uncommon one. I leave the rest to your fertile imaginations. 20k CXP a day was a very low and conservative guess.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 75
09-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Your random screenshots prove nothing except the invalidity of your claims.

In the first SS, we see you have five exploration missions running, it looks like most of them from the Sirius block. We also see you have CAWC, Asylum on Betazed, and Caitian Flight Training Program, picked up in T'Ong. Caitian Flight Training Program is a 20 hour mission with 11h 13m remaining.

From this first SS we can make several deductions:

1. Your claims are invalid because you just started those exploration missions, but also have a Caitian Flight Training Program that you started earlier that day, therefore contrary to your claims you are logging in more than once per day.
2. Your claims are invalid because the supply of high CXP doff missions you are encountering is insufficient to fill your log, proof being you queued CAWC which is a poor yield mission because it takes two days to complete, has only two slots and its crit rate caps at about 25% (and no the high crit modifier does not make up for this).

The second SS further disproves your claims. It shows you have queued Purchase Prototype, another 20h assignment, approximately three hours before you queued Caitian Flight Training, and six hours before the time the SS was taken.

From this second SS we may make two additional deductions:

1. You are logging in not once nor twice but at least three times a day
2. You are queueing poor choices of assignments - checking the XC I see heavy antiproton turrets are currently running 20k a stack, and plans are running 15k ea. Thus the Purchase Prototype assignment is not only a poor choice from the standpoint of CXP but it is in fact a net loss in EC as well.

The third SS shows two more 20 hour assignments, queued about 1h35 and 2h before the others. Amongst these is Recover Jem'Hadar Cache and Grant Sanctuary.

From this third SS we may make two additional deductions:
1. You are logging in at least four times a day
2. You are, again, queueing poor choices of assignments: Grant Sanctuary has poor CXP yield and it usually crits out white doffs so it is not a good choice on the basis of EC either.

In conclusion:
1. Your claims are invalid because you play way, way more than the 15m/day you claim
2. Your claims are invalid because you are apparently unable to find and/or choose good high-yield assignments
3. Your claims are invalid because your overall nominal yield is far below the 20k CXP/day you claim you claim to achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I made a small mistake. Actually, with purple doffs only, the CXP on crit on the artifact missions is 4.5k for an uncommon one. I leave the rest to your fertile imaginations. 20k CXP a day was a very low and conservative guess.
That "guess" as to your overall yield is not substantiated by any data you have provided, indeed it is contradicted by what you have linked. Curiously you provide random SSes of this and that but not of this claim you have about the artifact mission (which is unique and therefore irrelevant to your overall point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I'm sick if stating the obvious in this thread. Why are you bickering me if you don't even know how the game work?
Stop insulting other posters.

Is the mod going to do anything about it? We'll see.

Last edited by aestu; 09-05-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 100
# 76
09-05-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Here are two screenshots. 9 Explo missions are running, all of them with 26% of crit and 7% of failure for max crit chance. I could have done more but I didn't want to give up my regular and important assignments. These 9 assignments comes from 4 sectors only; took me less than 5 minutes to slot. I didn't even bother to visit the kdf space to get the rare ones.
Your screenshots only show seven Exploration missions.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 77
09-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
Your screenshots only show seven Exploration missions.
Doesn't matter. He won't admit he is wrong, ever. When confronted with hard facts, his only response is to be insulting and to tell everyone to learn how to play.

You guys are just feeding a T-monster now.

If you're looking for constructive information, you are barking up the wrong thread, based on a flawed OP.

Move on. Let this thread die the quiet, shameful death it deserves.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,043
# 78
09-05-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Your random screenshots prove nothing except the invalidity of your claims.
Uh, yeah, I read your post and.... no. I don't see your point at all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 79
09-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Uh, yeah, I read your post and.... no. I don't see your point at all.
The quote you linked proves otherwise.

You haven't posted anything else in this thread. Why come in now with an antagonistic remark?

Bluegeek?

Last edited by aestu; 09-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,043
# 80
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
The quote you linked proves otherwise.

You haven't posted anything else in this thread. Why come in now with an antagonistic remark?

Bluegeek?
That quote from you isn't proof of anything. It's you making a claim, a BIG claim and the evidence you attempted to provide isn't enough to back up your claim. Most of your post was quibbling about minor details that are nearly irrelevent.

diogene0 presented 2 statements that formed the core of his argument.
The first is that, yes, you CAN get 10k or more Cxp in 1 day of doffing.
The second is that it doesn't take a lot of time to queue missions to do this.

None of your arguments refuted either of those 2 main points. You simply quibbled about HOW to go about it.

And for further proof that it's possible: http://www.deviantart.com/download/3...an-d5ds25j.png

one of my characters did those 8 assignments in the same day, and no, I wasn't logged on very long as that char. I spent too much time cycling through 9 chars for that.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 PM.