Lieutenant
What is it?

I was looking at buffs people had (you can see them when you click on people at a starbase or some public area) and found this one a couple times. What is it and how do you get one?
Captain
# 2
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
The green tribble buff?

That's a Fleet Tribble

Players who tested the tholian content on the Tribble server before it hit holodeck for 1hour + completeled one of the Tholian missions are eligible for the Tribble and a special purple Duty officer.

If you are a tad confused there are at least 2 servers i am aware of

Holodeck (the one you play the game on)
Tribble (the test server, new content is put on here and players can test it, and report bugs/glitches)

The Testing weekend was a while ago.

As for the buff itself, it gives 5% resistances to "hold" "slow" and "disable" also, once per hour it give 1 Fleet mark when stroked.

So its not exactly insanely important, (much better tribbles out there :p)

If you have any questions about tribble this is the FAQ for it
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4135

Last edited by elandarksky; 09-04-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
The green tribble buff?

That's a Fleet Tribble

Players who tested the tholian content on the Tribble server before it hit holodeck for 1hour + completeled one of the Tholian missions are eligible for the Tribble and a special purple Duty officer.

If you are a tad confused there are at least 2 servers i am aware of

Holodeck (the one you play the game on)
Tribble (the test server, new content is put on here and players can test it, and report bugs/glitches)

The Testing weekend was a while ago.

As for the buff itself, it gives 5% resistances to "hold" "slow" and "disable" also, once per hour it give 1 Fleet mark when stroked.

So its not exactly insanely important, (much better tribbles out there :p)

If you have any questions about tribble this is the FAQ for it
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4135
Great answer. So now I want to know what are the GOOD tribbles? I have bred Ricossa tribs for most of my away team. They have a nice balance. Are there some floating around that are better than my CROSSFIRE?
Captain
# 4
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Ill admit im no tribble expert ^^

However i do know of a few of the special ones

Triolic tribble : Good damage resistance - Feed any tribble a comet cocktail thingy from one of the devidian missions (buy at drozana station after spin the wheel completed)

Gamma Quadrant Tribble : Bonus ground stealth sight, and increase damage vs. cardassians and jemhadar - feed any tribble with ketracil white (the green border one)

Cryo tribble: - Small damage resist and cold resist (can make the difference vs breen!) - Feed a tribble a (deferi snow tuber?)

Some c-store ones are handy too

Tribble of borg/fluidic tribble (grant bonuses vs borg and undine)

And while it sounds odd, even the rank 1 tribbles are kinda handy.. if your a tact/eng and you are damaged after a fight, pet it and you get over half your hp back (when not in combat though)

Reading about the Ricosa question, the only 'better' ones stat wise are tribbles that boost only one of the bonuses (e.g. single boosting for damage or resisance)

Personally i would keep with what you are using, but maybe pick up a few of the unusual ones mentioned before (cryo tribble i'm particularly fond of in colony invasions!)
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Some people use the Gambling Device for buffs instead of Tribbles. 10% Crit Hit/Severity, increased dodge for 3,600 seconds.
Lieutenant
# 6 You forgot "If you win"
09-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
Some people use the Gambling Device for buffs instead of Tribbles. 10% Crit Hit/Severity, increased dodge for 3,600 seconds.
That's if you "win." If you lose, it is NEGATIVE 10% Crit Hit/Severity, decreased dodge for 3,600 seconds, according to the Wiki. I don't have one, so tell me this: Do you know when you win or lose? Can you scrape off the bad juju by petting a tribble or something? Otherwise you are enfeebled for an hour.