Captain
Why can't Tacs and Sci Officers ger Miracle worker for their brigde officers.I can get all attack patterns for my engineers bo and most science skills.This is one skill either Tac or Sci can't get.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Miracle Worker is an Engineering captain ability only, just like Attack Pattern Alpha is unique to Tactical captains and Subnucleonic Beam is unique to Science captains (bridge officers and captain skills are unique to each other). The closest bridge officer equivalent to Miracle Worker is something like Engineering Team.
Lieutenant
# 3
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortsim View Post
Miracle Worker is an Engineering captain ability only, just like Attack Pattern Alpha is unique to Tactical captains and Subnucleonic Beam is unique to Science captains (bridge officers and captain skills are unique to each other). The closest bridge officer equivalent to Miracle Worker is something like Engineering Team.
thats not true, attack pattern alpha is available for engineers and sci captains. although they cant get the rank 3 version of it and im not sure about the sci captain ability
Captain
# 4
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Why can't Tacs and Sci Officers ger Miracle worker for their brigde officers.I can get all attack patterns for my engineers bo and most science skills.This is one skill either Tac or Sci can't get.
Umm.. you can get high repair skill with your tac/sci captain and get full benefit of it from a heal.

Attack patterns are boff abilities and the good one is limited to lt cmdr slot. OTH your tac captain gets full benefit of cleanse and practically the bulk of high tier healing abilities with the ensign and lt abilities.

Furthermore, it is an engineer captain skill. Would it make sense if engineer and science all had the timer-reducing ability tac capt's have? Or attack pattern alpha? Or Fire on My Mark? Or Go Down Fighting?

No. it doesnt. Engineer miracle worker is THE best heal in the game. Just like tac capts have the ability to boost their damage to ungodly amounts.

If you want to heal your ship in a pinch you should prop your capt up with repair skills and get some SIF modules installed on that ship.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 5
08-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18 View Post
thats not true, attack pattern alpha is available for engineers and sci captains. although they cant get the rank 3 version of it and im not sure about the sci captain ability
Uh.. no.

Atk Pattern Alpha is Tac Only. You're thinking of Beta and Delta .. which require high atk pattern skill to be anything but mildly irritating to the target.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18 View Post
The only attack patterns a boff can use is Attack pattern beta delta and omega. Not alpha.
Captain
# 7
09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
It would be said that Alpha isn't as good a beta or delta etc?What would it hurt if Tac and Sci got MW and only could but 3 points in it.It would still not be as good as MW for engineer.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 8
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Captains can't get Captain skills from a diffferent role/specialization.

That said, there was some talk a while back about the Devs wanting to implement a "first officer" system, which would basically mean you could gain access to some of the abilities from another job's skillset (example: As a Tac Captain you could pick an Engineering First officer - gaining access to some of the skills inherent to an Engineer such as "Rotate Shield Frequency")

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]