Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
09-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
[Combat (Self)] X's Arcwave Setting dealt 373 (274) shield damage to you.
[Combat (Self)] X deals 453 (991) Plasma Damage to you with Arcwave Setting.

Shields (Dmg/hit): 373/274 (73% effective)
Health (Dmg/hit): 453/717 (63% effective = 37% resistance) Flank shot

The shield in this example is only 73% effective. This is a shield that has a resistance on it already. You will often see numbers that are much closer to 50%. Since this was a flank shot my armor with 44% resistance was only giving me 37% resistance.

Shield tanking on the ground is an art form. It requires quite a bit of stacking to be good at it and the cooldowns on this abilities are brutal and quite often only gives you 15 seconds of full shield tanking. You can stretch it to 20 seconds with a loss in resistance. You need the help of a well spec tactical officer to stretch it to 30 seconds. With very good timing you can maybe make it 45 seconds.
I just went finish some testing and I do not see what you are talking about.

My basic shield was 100% effective and my normal shield was 110% effective. 4 different weapon types tested and none of them did extra damage to shields.

Perhaps you are looking at your numbers the wrong way around. Hit 373/274 damage after shield resistance?

Last edited by pottsey5g; 09-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a correction to make. I was looking at a scenario that was different. I will explain what we found in a second. Shields are a 100% effective with a 10% bleed through.

[Combat (Self)] X's Beam Setting dealt 56 (31) shield damage to you.
[Combat (Self)] X deals 3 (63) Disruptor Damage to you with Beam Setting.

[Combat (Self)] X's Beam Setting dealt 57 (56) shield damage to you.
[Combat (Self)] X deals 6 (63) Disruptor Damage to you with Beam Setting.

In the first hit I was wearing armor. In the second one I wasn't wearing any armor. The first line has the resistance calculated for bleed through in brackets. The second line has the gun damage in brackets.

If you get flank damage your resistance is lowered dramatically and this was giving me lower values for the shield calculations. pottsey5g thanks for correcting me on this.

Last edited by pug02; 09-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Ensign
# 13
09-02-2012, 10:37 PM
the advanced weapons are superior at this time, cryptic this makes no sense, all the grinding and the old ones are better, please fix this, just crazy.
Career Officer
# 14
09-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashotgun View Post
the advanced weapons are superior at this time, cryptic this makes no sense, all the grinding and the old ones are better, please fix this, just crazy.

I'm not sure making the advanced elite weapons is the best way to go, I much prefer them to be alternatives. That said it doesn't seem the next tier of weapons are even at the same level. I think we're seeying the spreadsheet strike again, they've assigned a certain value to the shield heal and for now it would appear they're overvaluing it.