Survivor of Romulus
# 41
09-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I just wish I could be Roach again.......I miss me.
Shouldn't it be possible to change the PWE handle, with a little help from the customer support guys?

I mean, it's just a database entry.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Community Moderator
# 42
09-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Shouldn't it be possible to change the PWE handle, with a little help from the customer support guys?

I mean, it's just a database entry.
Speaking as a computer geek, nearly anything is technically possible.

But not everything is reasonably feasible to do and I have been assured that it isn't that simple.

Generally speaking, directly editing a critical database is a big no-no, for example. It would take a DB admin who knows what he's doing and even then wouldn't normally do it on a live DB first.

We'll have to wait and see if they eventually build in functionality at a system level that makes it possible to do.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek